Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Man that 76 Atlantic City trailer was awful. I swear, feels like they can't treat Fallout like it's not a joke if their lives depended on it. And the ESO trailer managed to make a DLC centered around Telvanni and Herma Mora look generic. Who makes these things? 

Star Wars and Fable had no gameplay and the trailers were nothing to get excited over, so they didn't do much for me. 

Avowed looks great. Finally some gameplay, and it looks like it's going to be Obsidian doing what they do best. 

Phantom Liberty looks cool. I like when expansions continue or relate to the main story instead of being entirely self contained.

Yeah, lots of weeb shit on here.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Wasteland devs are making a first person Steampunk RPG

That one looks interesting.

How funny is it that one of their "big announcements" is that they’re finally gonna be shipping enough Xbox Series X for people to reasonable buy the damn things? XD It’s been how many years now?

Starfield actually looks pretty good. Without sounding like I’ve bought into the hype, they’ve shown a lot of good systems and a fuckload of actual rpg elements. That can only mean good things for future tes and fallout stuff. They’ve dramatically improved the “settlement building” allowing either Fallout 4 style or sims style building, starship piloting, starship customization, weapon customization, traits, backgrounds, perks/skills combined is kinda ass but we’ll see. Was actually somewhat impressed

Fuck:dntknw:

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Starfield actually looks pretty good. Without sounding like I’ve bought into the hype, they’ve shown a lot of good systems and a fuckload of actual rpg elements. That can only mean good things for future tes and fallout stuff. They’ve dramatically improved the “settlement building” allowing either Fallout 4 style or sims style building, starship piloting, starship customization, weapon customization, traits, backgrounds, perks/skills combined is kinda ass but we’ll see. Was actually somewhat impressed

And they have actual ship boarding  XD

I'd say i'm still a little skeptical about there choice to have 1000 planets but it really feels like Bethesda is trying to correct alot of the poor decisions it made in the last couple of games. The RPG mechanics look wayyyyy deeper, and the world looks alot more believable. 

Like I said; the universe and factions are alot more grounded then anything we saw in Fallout 4 XD 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'd say i'm still a little skeptical about there choice to have 1000 planets but it really feels like Bethesda is trying to correct alot of the poor decisions it made in the last couple of games. The RPG mechanics look wayyyyy deeper, and the world looks alot more believable. 

Like I said; the universe and factions are alot more grounded then anything we saw in Fallout 4 XD 

Yes the return of rpg elements is a pleasant surprise

Fuck:dntknw:

Skimmed the Starfield thing. I’m not really blown away by anything I saw. The gunplay looks decent, the low gravity stuff is cool. Mixed on the RPG mechanics though they’ll surely be an upgrade from the almost nonexistent ones in Skyrim and Fallout 4. The maps look pretty as usual, but I don’t care for the general "NASA-punk" aesthetic. Got little confidence in the faction or character writing.  

Yeah, of the whole thing Avowed is the only new game I’m really on board with at the moment. Even that’s mostly just due to goodwill from Obsidian and interest in that universe. The trailer itself was nothing special (though at least it had gameplay). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Skimmed the Starfield thing. I’m not really blown away by anything I saw. The gunplay looks decent, the low gravity stuff is cool. Mixed on the RPG mechanics though they’ll surely be an upgrade from the almost nonexistent ones in Skyrim and Fallout 4. The maps look pretty as usual, but I don’t care for the general "NASA-punk" aesthetic. Got little confidence in the faction or character writing.  

Yeah, of the whole thing Avowed is the only new game I’m really on board with at the moment. Even that’s mostly just due to goodwill from Obsidian and interest in that universe. The trailer itself was nothing special (though at least it had gameplay). 

Avowed looks pretty good. I'm a little disappointed in not having classes, because it was a way to personalize a character and I loved playing my druid in Pillars 1. 

The Cyberpunk expansion looks awesome.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

Avowed looks pretty good. I'm a little disappointed in not having classes, because it was a way to personalize a character and I loved playing my druid in Pillars 1. 

Wait, there aren’t classes? Damn. I must’ve missed that. I really wanted to build a Cipher. I did read that you can only play as a human or an elf, but it’s for story reasons so I’m not as bothered by that.

They said that Avowed has the biggest focus on companions of any Obsidian game by far, and that a lot of effort was put towards making them all feel like big parts of the narrative in their own right and not just accessories for the player. That’s really great to hear considering this is always something they have excelled at. 

I take it we're playing a new PC, not the PC of Pillars 1 and 2, otherwise I would be disappointed to leave behind my Godlike.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

On 6/11/2023 at 6:29 PM, Celan said:

I take it we're playing a new PC, not the PC of Pillars 1 and 2, otherwise I would be disappointed to leave behind my Godlike.

Yeah. Iirc, they said a while back that this is set during a different point in the timeline. Hopefully that means a PoE 3 is still on the cards.