Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, 4’s starting premise is already shaky, but they went on to pretty much do the bare minimum with it. There’s basically nothing present to try and make you feel invested in your spouse, let alone Shaun. At least we get to see examples of James trying to be a good father, which is generally endearing enough to make most people care.

And I don’t like being forced to be married with a child, but if you’re gonna do it, at least give me some freedom within those parameters. Let me choose my career, or decide what kind of husband I was. This is an RPG, right?

Don't get me started on making Nora a lawyer. They could have easily made her a doctor or engineer with a military background if they wanted to differentiate the two PC's.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

Don't get me started on making Nora a lawyer. They could have easily made her a doctor or engineer with a military background if they wanted to differentiate the two PC's.

Any of them is a problem for roleplay. Like if I want to make a 2 Intelligence drug addicted brute with no skills in medicine, doctor is gonna be an issue.

Should’ve just let us choose from a big selection of careers like RPGs have been doing for decades. It’s not like your career comes up more than like three times in the game anyway. This would’ve been trivial.

Sad part is, I have a feeling they only did it this way because they wanted an excuse to make Nate say "war never changes". ¬¬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sad part is, I have a feeling they only did it this way because they wanted an excuse to make Nate say "war never changes". ¬¬

He says war never changes twice in the intro scroll, once in the mirror, again if you click on the fatigues in the closet, again at the microphone in the fraternal post 115, and finally one more time in the outro scroll. Thats 6 FUCKING TIMES. THAT TOO MANY GOD DAMN TIMES! 

Fuck:dntknw:

43 minutes ago, Centurion said:

He says war never changes twice in the intro scroll, once in the mirror, again if you click on the fatigues in the closet, again at the microphone in the fraternal post 115, and finally one more time in the outro scroll. Thats 6 FUCKING TIMES. THAT TOO MANY GOD DAMN TIMES! 

What sucks is they had Ron Pearlman. He plays the news anchor on the TV at the start. But I guess the classic intro would’ve just been too oldschool for them. Had to fix something that wasn’t broken.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

What sucks is they had Ron Pearlman. He plays the news anchor on the TV at the start. But I guess the classic intro would’ve just been too oldschool for them. Had to fix something that wasn’t broken.

3 hours ago, Centurion said:

:teehee: