Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

100x better than Rebirth? But that’s still terrible.  :( 

Fine a MILLION  times XD

I was afraid of even leaving the saferoom and got the same rush you get while playing a Resident Evil game on hardcore and you find the itembox again 

Oh and they game has one of my favorite guns; the Winchester Model 1897 and it fucking rocks 

XD
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fine a MILLION  times XD

I was afraid of even leaving the saferoom and got the same rush you get while playing a Resident Evil game on hardcore and you find the itembox again 

Hide contents

Oh and they game has one of my favorite guns; the Winchester Model 1897 and it fucking rocks 

XD

Aw yes, the war crime stick. It’s only limiting factor was based on how fast an 19 year old that hadn’t seen a woman in months could make a pumping motion with their arms

• Haha 3

Fuck:dntknw:

5 hours ago, Centurion said:

Aw yes, the war crime stick. It’s only limiting factor was based on how fast an 19 year old that hadn’t seen a woman in months could make a pumping motion with their arms

No need for semi-auto shotguns when that’s the only thing holding you back. 

12 hours ago, Centurion said:

In a war with the first major use of airplane bombing, gas, machine guns (Brits used them against the Boer first), tanks, bayonets that guaranteed you'd bleed to death, flamethrowers, starving the opposition with blockades or submarine warfare.... The Germans protested the use of shotguns :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

They also made an RTS recently that was very good. 

It would never earn enough money to justify getting made, but a "choose your own" adventure thing could be fun. Paul sees thousands of different branches to thousands of different futures, so it could be about letting you explore what would happen in some of those. Would line up really well with the book’s themes, especially if they all in different ways lead to a jihad.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It would never earn enough money to justify getting made, but a "choose your own" adventure thing could be fun. Paul sees thousands of different branches to thousands of different futures, so it could be about letting you explore what would happen in some of those. Would line up really well with the book’s themes, especially if they all in different ways lead to a jihad.

I remember enjoying those books alot even though I fucking sucked at them XD

It's kind of hilarious Japan was the only one keeping the format alive in Visual Novels for awhile but I see a ton of western digital ones on Steam these days, so I think they are becoming somewhat popular again. 

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Dune already has RTS games too, three in fact :rofl:

Dune 2

Dune 2000, my favorite 

Emperor: Battle for Dune

It's quite suited for the genre to be honest; the new one, Spice Wars, leans toward the political and economic side more though. You can still play House Corrino and crush them into dirty with an army of sardaukar 

42 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Idk about you guys, but I’m not *excited* per say but I am anticipating this Xbox showcase and Starfield direct on sunday

Gonna be honest, I thought it happened yesterday. I’ll wait for highlights and you guys to tell me the good and the bad. 

Does anyone know if this thing supposed to only be about Starfield, or is it like Quakecon where they showcase lots of stuff despite the name?

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Gonna be honest, I thought it happened yesterday. I’ll wait for highlights and you guys to tell me the good and the bad. 

Does anyone know if this thing supposed to only be about Starfield, or is it like Quakecon where they showcase lots of stuff despite the name?

Apparently an hour and thirty minutes of reveals; then thirty minutes dedicated for Starfield 

• Thanks 1

If any of you have an Audible account, they're running a big sale.

I mostly have been using Scribd, but there are some things you can't get on there.

• Thanks 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Tim Cain, one of the founding fathers of Fallout, started a YouTube channel where he talks about general things relating to game design. Lots of gems in some of these videos.

There is one point about three minutes in where he is talking about their inspirations for the robots in Fallout, and he throws some shade at the synths in Fallout 3+4. They wouldn’t have been allowed in Fallout 1, and the original team specifically rejected a similar concept at the time. XD 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1