Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nuka World tickets or 100% settlement happiness. 

Nope. It “build 10 robot mods” because it wouldnt fucking trigger. I built 1 of everything in the robot build menu and it wouldnt fucking trigger

Fuck:dntknw:

8 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Nope. It “build 10 robot mods” because it wouldnt fucking trigger. I built 1 of everything in the robot build menu and it wouldnt fucking trigger

Well that’s annoying. Especially for it to be such an easy one. Not sure if it’s a problem with the game or Microsoft, but I’ve run into that issue before with several games in the past.

Have you tried rebooting your system and doing it again? Sometimes that works. Sometimes. 

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well that’s annoying. Especially for it to be such an easy one. Not sure if it’s a problem with the game or Microsoft, but I’ve run into that issue before with several games in the past.

Have you tried rebooting your system and doing it again? Sometimes that works. Sometimes. 

Yep. I read on the inter webs that if it happens you have to start a new game and try again and hope for the best

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Yep. I read on the inter webs that if it happens you have to start a new game and try again and hope for the best

What system are you having the trouble with?

I know for older generation consoles and PC, you could download a mule save file, usually those have a shitload of items and junk. Since you should have gotten the achievement, could always try that instead of redoing the whole ass game.

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What system are you having the trouble with?

I know for older generation consoles and PC, you could download a mule save file, usually those have a shitload of items and junk. Since you should have gotten the achievement, could always try that instead of redoing the whole ass game.

Xbox. If i was doing it on my pc it’d be no issue

10 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Xbox. If i was doing it on my pc it’d be no issue

Before making a new character, try a hard reset (turn off Xbox, unplug power cable, wait a minute, plug back in), and then make a new robot station in a new settlement and build the robot parts on that instead.

https://www.ign.com/articles/redfalls-development-was-reportedly-so-troubled-that-devs-hoped-microsoft-would-cancel-it?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1G2CaKEabZMWasxsMIEhHDu3GcgRNXPMFZ8TgWrIdFBShPA8KYVynJ5f0

This has my terrified for some of the other Microsoft devs;Bloomberg just released a report on Redfall and it's pretty insane.

-Only 30 percent of the people who made Prey are still at Arkane (Dishonored its even less), alot of the manpower are, like with 343, contract workers. Main reason they left? Redfall's devolopment. (Yes Redfall has DECIMATED Arkane, it's a gutted shadow of its former self) 

-Zenimax got the ball rolling on fucking everything up before Microsoft got involved, midway through pre-production, they made them change focus to multiplayer because there was an internal pivot (Which went hand in hand with Fallout 76) 

-Microsoft gave them super vague goals and NO oversight; all they said was they wanted a profitable Gaas game and nothing else mattered. 

-Got so bad, devs were reportedly begging to CANCEL the game outright because they couldn't see things improving. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Zenimax got the ball rolling on fucking everything up before Microsoft got involved, midway through pre-production, they made them change focus to multiplayer because there was an internal pivot (Which went hand in hand with Fallout 76) 

This kinda makes me want to hate Zenimax. Based on the article, it’s hard to blame Microsoft considering all they did was purchase Arkane’s shit storm and tell them to get through it. They didn’t fix anything, but they weren’t the cause of the problems either. Arkane deserve some of the blame too, but it’s hard to imagine working on one project and then being forced to completely change it midway through your work.

If anything, this confirms that people were right about Microsoft taking a more hands-off approach with their new acquisitions. That might a bad thing when the games are already crap (like Redfall), but if they are good (like Avowed, hopefully), then Microsoft probably won’t mess it up.

27 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If anything, this confirms that people were right about Microsoft taking a more hands-off approach with their new acquisitions. That might a bad thing when the games are already crap (like Redfall), but if they are good (like Avowed, hopefully), then Microsoft probably won’t mess it up.

Wow, I hadn't heard of Avowed. I was disappointed in Pillars 2, but color me interested.

Almost finished with book 2 of the Prince of Thorns series. So far, it is holding up to my "maybe the best and certainly one of the best fantasy series I've read" assessment. I plan to finish the trilogy listening to the audiobooks. It makes me look forward to my hour-long drive home in the evening.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

25 minutes ago, Celan said:

Wow, I hadn't heard of Avowed. I was disappointed in Pillars 2, but color me interested.

Oh damn, really? I would’ve mentioned it to you long ago but honestly just assumed you knew about it before I did. XD 

Unfortunately, there hasn’t been any news on how development is going in a couple years now, but it’s definitely at the top of my "keep an eye on it" list.

28 minutes ago, Celan said:

It makes me look forward to my hour-long drive home in the evening.

I really need to start  going this. I spend so much time on the road as it is. Could knock out a lot of series this way. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh damn, really? I would’ve mentioned it to you long ago but honestly just assumed you knew about it before I did. XD 

Unfortunately, there hasn’t been any news on how development is going in a couple years now, but it’s definitely at the top of my "keep an eye on it" list.

I really need to start  going this. I spend so much time on the road as it is. Could knock out a lot of series this way. 

I don't pay much attention to vidya anymore. I just keep replaying the same five games.

I have the Scribd app which is cheaper than Audible. They only had the first two books in the series, so I had to reboot my Audible account to get the third. Worth it.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Have you played WH40K: Boltgun? I gave it a whirl tonight for about half an hour and it was some hilarious retro fun.

I'm planning to buy it as soon as I finish what I'm playing right now XD It looks like a hell of a time.

You wouldn't believe who plays the Ultramarine Sternguard XD (And does all the fucking taunt lines!) 

feeling-down-sheriff-hassan.gif

The actor's been posting his army and paintjobs of Warhammer figurines for years, he's a huge fan of the setting and tabletop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm planning to buy it as soon as I finish what I'm playing right now XD It looks like a hell of a time.

I’ve only played 3 levels but it reminds me old oldschool Doom but with modern handling and polish. It’s super violent and fast paced, and has all the over-the-top flavor I was hoping to see in my first 40K game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The actor's been posting his army and paintjobs of Warhammer figurines for years, he's a huge fan of the setting and tabletop

I really need to finish that show. My Netflix ran out and I had one episode left. But I did like Muslim Jim in it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve only played 3 levels but it reminds me old oldschool Doom but with modern handling and polish. It’s super violent and fast paced, and has all the over-the-top flavor I was hoping to see in my first 40K game.

If it's like Doom, I know there  isn't alot of displays on how the Warhammer 40k setting is literally thousands of books, hundred of factions three dozen separate tabletop games, millions of pages of lore, and a hundred video games but are you enjoying the setting? XD

@The Good Doctor Once they finally optimize the game, you should give Warhammer: Darktide a go. 

The soundtrack, setting, and gameplay is top of the line. You can create four characters, one being a zealot warrior priest, insane warp-magic using wizard (who's staves and energy swords are my favorite weapons), grizzled veteran guardsman who is completely normal but happens to be an absolute badass, and a sanctioned mutant human called an Ogryn; think if Super Mutants were accepted and armed by the brotherhood because they're too stupid to be disloyal.

• Thanks 1

I think Rogue Trader would suit him more.

A Rogue Trader is, to put it short, a Space Privateer given a writ of authority that lets them do usually illegal stuff like trade with Xenos and raid. 

The people who did the Pathfinder games are making it, and it's coming out in a couple of months. Fully featured old school RPG that are similar to Pillars of Eternity. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Aren’t WH and WH40K completely different settings?

They have three now; Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer Age of Sigmar, and Warhammer 40k. 

Darktide is 40k, but you play as Imperial Guard. The Imperial Guard is another faction within the Imperium (there's a ton of them), made up of mostly normal humans, that compose the bulk of the billions of humans who are the Bulwark of humanity (In contrast to the decidedly non human, and super elite Astartes, the Space Marines). 

Essentially your given a flak jacket from World War 2, a lazgun (which people call flashlight), and told to shoot at the demons before you die in the hundreds of thousands in a single battle to take a hill XD (Though they have plenty of elite units and fucking TANKS up the wazzo) 

4724485.jpg

9d5587adff04e4e884c373098586b5fe82da4a8c

2d1d80448a177001143e55f60fef4d14.jpg

The game is super flavorful, but unfortunately , despite literally having one of the best core shooting experiences (it plays like a dream); the systems around it are infamously borked, and the game doesn't have enough content, so I wouldn't recommend it till it gets its relaunch on Xbox later. 

ajgiys6xmada1.jpg

• Thanks 1