Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I’m not included any seventy dicks sets because they shouldn’t exist.

Hide contents

T-51b. Specifically the 1/2 and 4 versions. I love the frame concept, I wish it didn’t do the whole fusion core thing but the frame and the bulk is 100% fallout. That how the sprites looked in the old games and it genuinely feels like POWER armor unlike 3/nv basically metal armor

T-45d. It’s slick, it’s bulky, it goes hard. I actually like 3/nv version where the pouldrons are bigger, but again 4’s bulky frame is by far the best.

APA Mk. I/XO-1. And 2 and 4 versions. The bulk man it just looks so good

Hellfire PA. It’s weird. It pig like mask is odd and it just look menacing as fuck.

T-60. It would be higher on my list. It’s the PA I wear the most when I do PA playthroughs. The reason it’s so low is because of the lore. If they said the BoS manufactured from T-45 with upgraded components from the enclave war I’d absolutely fuck with it 100%

Apa mk. II. “Black Devil” I actually like it a lot. Like a lot a lot. It’s down this far solely because the other have better looks. And the version modded into F4 with the frame is sexy as hell.

Raider. I hate it. I hate everything about it. I don’t like to see it, I don’t like to think about it. I wish I could nuke it from existence.

tactics- I just never vibed with it. It’s just a big eh for me.

hellcat, ultracite, t-65, excavator, Union, etc etc are basically just the power armor tab on nexus mods and need to never appear again

Fascinating how we hit mostly the same points, but opinions differ on the Fallout 4 frame thing. Of climbing into a suit versus it being fitted onto the player.

• Like 1

To be honest, way more was done to justify the existence of Excavator armor than T-60 ever even came close to getting. And even then, there’s only one set canonically. So I am cool with that one. Fits the corporate warfare storyline going on in prewar Appalachia pretty well. 

And Ultracite’s just a slicker (too slick) T-51b with a paint job. And if I recall correctly, it’s actually based on an older concept for one of the Black Isles games that never got made. Can’t remember which now but I swear I remember seeing the sprite somewhere. But still, T-51b rip-off > T-45d rip-off for me. 

Every other set from 76 can piss right off. Especially the lazy ass Hellcat. I hate that out of place Transformer-looking pile of crap. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I love the bulkiness of 4's power armor, my only hickup is climbing into a suit of it. I think you could still get the same effect, or at least a slightly less wide one, by having it fitted on.

I like the frame. It actually feels like you are putting it on. And who’s to say the frame isn’t fitted to the person. Remember gameplay doesn’t always reflect lore. It’s much better than just plopping it on in you pipboy and going on your merry way. I also fucking HATE the pipboy substituting the armor for the left armor. The frame system in my opinion is a complete upgrade from Fallouts 3/nv

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I love the bulkiness of 4's power armor, my only hickup is climbing into a suit of it. I think you could still get the same effect, or at least a slightly less wide one, by having it fitted on.

Agreed. I like that it’s a big hulking power suit, but I much prefer how it was shown in Operation Anchorage to be this big two-man process to actually get suited up. I don’t like the way 4’s just opens and closes on you like a car door and is ready to go, one-size-fits-all, no help or adjustments needed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Centurion said:

I like the frame. It actually feels like you are putting it on. And who’s to say the frame isn’t fitted to the person.

Honestly, and this is going to sound so petty. It's the robot hands that takes me out of it the most XD

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

It’s much better than just plopping it on in you pipboy and going on your merry way. I also fucking HATE the pipboy substituting the armor for the left armor. The frame system in my opinion is a complete upgrade from Fallouts 3/nv

Hard, hard, hard agree on that one. I never notice it anymore because I always run a handheld Fallout 1/2 style pipboy mod.

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Remember gameplay doesn’t always reflect lore.

No doubt. But I find it a lot easier to divorce the two when the "suit up" happens off-screen than I do when we physically see the PC enter the suit with ease. 

Granted, it wouldn’t be much fun to actually need help, or a fucking lift station every time we want to put on or take off power armor, so I totally understand why Beth wouldn’t go that route in gameplay either. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed. I like that it’s a big hulking power suit, but I much prefer how it was shown in Operation Anchorage to be this big two-man process to actually get suited up. I don’t like the way 4’s just opens and closes on you like a car door and is ready to go, one-size-fits-all, no help or adjustments needed. 

They could have kept the frame and everything, but have it where you can only enter and exit the power armor at stations (with assistance if you wanna keep it accurate). No entering it like a mech.

If this was oldschool Bethesda, I'd say even have a little montage or animation timeskip of the suit being assembled on you. Skippable of course.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not only that but the way Operation Anchorage depicts it really drives home why you need to be very properly trained in using it. It's not a mech, you've got a lot of hydraulics and powerful motion at work here. I imagine improper use could seriously hurt the wearer.

10 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I also fucking HATE the pipboy substituting the armor for the left armor.

That was atrocious.

The left hand is even exposed like that with the space suit in Mothership Zeta… which you use to walk in space. :rofl: Just in case you needed further evidence that that DLC is just the Lone Wanderer tripping balls on some bad punga fruit juice. XD 

• Haha 1

I am going to be a Contrarian and say Power Armor is for wimps; Marine and Ranger armor all the way XD

Being serious, while I do appreciate them for there design, I actually rarely use them at all; it's kind of like how I love the design of certain enemies in Soul, but I'd never want to wear there shit. 

If I'd rank them; I'd put Hellfire on top, with the classic Brotherhood and Enclave sets just below them. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I am going to be a Contrarian and say Power Armor is for wimps; Marine and Ranger armor all the way XD

Being serious, while I do appreciate them for there design, I actually rarely use them at all; it's kind of like how I love the design of certain enemies in Soul, but I'd never want to wear there shit. 

If I'd rank them; I'd put Hellfire on top, with the classic Brotherhood and Enclave sets just below them. 

I don’t use power armor much either except in 1, 2, and Tactics. That’s why the question is how y’all would rank them, not if they’re your preferred playstyle. XD 

5 hours ago, Centurion said:

Damn you sure about that

No, just speculating.

But you said you’ve not had TES on the brain in a while so I don’t figure you were thinking about your characters in that. That leaves Matt and Boone, and of the two I think Boone seems more likely to live.

• Like 1

more-v0-76hmt6wgi43b1.jpg?auto=webp&v=en

So the Fighting Game Community is one of the few ones still trapped in the 90's; they view stuff like modern controllers and wifi internet a scourge upon there way of life XD (In there slight defense, I think it's proven direct cable internet causes less lag; and lag is pretty much everything in games that are so reliant on input and hit boxes connecting properly)

For the new Street Fighter, Capcom had the brilliant idea of showing, on screen, what type of internet your opponent is using, and the vitriolic discourse has been hilarious :rofl:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Too bad RPGs didn’t stay there.

I honestly think chasing the mega blockbuster killed it XD People want to replicate the success of Mass Effect and Skyrim, and as a result we get the dumbing down trend

Fighting Games on the other hand, are still relatively niche, so they can put up a good front of gatekeeping still XD

• Like 1