Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

17 years and journalists are still making the same mistake XD

It takes ten seconds of research to find out who the main protagonist of a game is. Guess that’s too much work for one of the biggest game journalist companies in existence.

I imagine they’d be out of money by now if all six of Kotaku’s subscribers hadn’t switched over when it went belly up. 

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It takes ten seconds of research to find out who the main protagonist of a game is. Guess that’s too much work for one of the biggest game journalist companies in existence.

I imagine they’d be out of money by now if all six of Kotaku’s subscribers hadn’t switched over when it went belly up. 

33vsk09mzp1b1.jpg

Metal Gear's been a dead franchise for eight years now; and those journalists are likely, at beast, "gamers" who play shit like Fortnite and PUBG and know nothing about the franchise besides the MC is Snake. 

It's hilarious though some people might not haven't gotten it spoiled (Cause it was a huge twist when the game came out) yet who "Naked" Snake actually was XD

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You don’t remember Naughty Dog’s revolutionary "crouch" mechanic?

Or how about brain dead AI I could filter into a room single file and then tap a button to instakill them one after the other XD

Shit like MGS, Thief, and Splinter Cell shit all over modern "stealth games" (which play more like Stealth Archer noscope builds in SKyrim). 

• Like 1

Or how about brain dead AI I could filter into a single file and tap a button to kill them one after the other XD

Shit like MGS, Thief, and Splinter Cell shit all over modern "stealth games" (which play more like Stealth Archer noscope builds in SKyrim). 

At least they had enough sense to mention Hitman, which actually did bring some big innovations to the genre. But TLoU? It’s hilarious that they would even call it a stealth game. Guarantee they only included it because Naughty Dog is the darling of the game critic community. 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

At least they had enough sense to mention Hitman, which actually did bring some big innovations to the genre. But TLoU? It’s hilarious that they would even call it a stealth game. Guarantee they only included it because Naughty Dog is the darling of the game critic community. 

It's even more hilarious they say that when the Metal Gear series is known for it's utterly INSANE attention to detail and having adaptative AI that dynamically reacts to the players actions. 

I still can’t get over TLoU being credited for changing the stealth genre. How? I have beaten it many times and seriously can’t think of a single example. What is one thing it did that hadn’t been done many times before, and better?

And I don’t mean story or characters. They were good, but that has nothing to do with stealth or even gameplay at all. 

I can't wait for the devs to tackle "Treebeard; A Lord of the Rings story" next. Make it a rhythm game were he has to recite the entire Silmarillion in entish. 

How about a folksy Tom Bombadil singing game in the style of Guitar Hero? :P 

Enclave Commandos for me. With the Hellfire variant patterned armor. 

Good choice. While they’re kinda red shirt pushovers in Fallout 3, I use the Remnants in New Vegas as my gauge for how dangerous and terrifying any given squad of power armored Enclave are supposed to be in lore.

Four or five old geezers, long past their primes, joined a battle consisting of thousands of troops, and they still distinguished themselves so much that the sight of them inspired awe and terror in both factions for years to come. So fucking cool.

35504a827c89698cfefc324fb2d6b00e899e708d

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

With the Hellfire variant patterned armor. 

And the Hellfire units are some or the most elite, best equipped killers in the entire franchise. If the Remnants at Hoover Dam were generations behind and relatively normal as far as soldiers go, imagine how terrifying a squad of these guys must be. 

• Like 1