Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

The rumor about Jaskier x Radovid has been confirmed. He's apparently not Vizimir's child in this godawful rendition but is his younger brother.

At least Eskel died and thus was spared being turned into Jaskier's gay lover.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

40 minutes ago, Celan said:

The rumor about Jaskier x Radovid has been confirmed. He's apparently not Vizimir's child in this godawful rendition but is his younger brother.

At least Eskel died and thus was spared being turned into Jaskier's gay lover.

Why must every single one of my favorite morally questionable strategic genius fantasy kings who follow fire gods and burn people at the stake get done dirty?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Why must every single one of my favorite morally questionable strategic genius fantasy kings who follow fire gods and burn people at the stake get done dirty?

You can bet that he's going to be Morally Conflicted at worst, now. Can't risk turning him into a Depraved Homosexual trope. Mistle is going to get the same treatment, I'm sure.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Why must every single one of my favorite morally questionable strategic genius fantasy kings who follow fire gods and burn people at the stake get done so dirty?

I mean you do know what they say about people who impale others XD 

But yeah, at this point, pay no attention to Netflix's the Witcher, I was hoping Cavill's exit would be a wakeup call, but it seems like the canon defilement is going to have no end 

Just now, Celan said:

Mistle is going to get the same treatment, I'm sure.

No way they do Mistle like in the books. 0% chance.

Radovid, maybe, because they’d still have Jaskier for more "positive" representation in that relationship. 

But honestly, I highly doubt the show progresses far enough to actually reach the point where Rad’s burning people. That’s a long way off and I’d be surprised if it lasts two seasons without Cavil. Their Blood Origin show already flopped hard. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I was hoping Cavill's exit would be a wakeup call, but it seems like the canon defilement is going to have no end 

From the sound of things, Cavil was a bulwark against it. Without him I’m sure they’ll just go full steam ahead.

Remember, they wanted the death of Roach to be a comedy scene. 

I do think the Depraved Homosexual trope is something that's was quite questionable (I mean come on; they've been codified as evil villains forever) but I think the backpaddling to remedy it has been very shitty; you can't have any more evil gay character any more. And look at how fucking memorable and vile Moghlester was XD

I hadn't even heard they're doing a live action spinoff that's just about the Rats. I thought it was a joke when I first saw it.

The suck is going to be epic.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I do think the Depraved Homosexual trope is something that's was quite questionable

Here’s one fantastic way to avoid it: Don’t turn preexisting morally depraved villain characters gay! :lol: 

Imagine if Disney retconed Darth Vader to be gay and then people got mad because the gay guy was portrayed as a monster… This whole situation was very avoidable. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Here’s one fantastic way to avoid it: Don’t turn preexisting morally depraved villain characters gay! :lol: 

Imagine if Disney retconed Darth Vader to be gay and then people got mad because the gay guy was portrayed as a monster… This whole situation was very avoidable. 

Don't give them ideas XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I know our thoughts differ on him; but I think this is karma for how horrible Andrzej Sapkowski treated CD XD

Look at what you actually signed onto and despair. 

He's just counting his money, though. As long as Netflix pays, I don't think he cares much.

These are the character descriptions of Netflix's Radovid and Mistle. Lovable misfit gays. XD

• Fleabag‘s Hugh Skinner as King Vizimir’s (Ed Birch) playboy brother Prince Radovid. The press release states: “With his good looks and drunken charm, Radovid amazes with how incisive he can be in political affairs, but it’s all games until someone gets hurt.”
• Bloods’ Christell Elwin as Mistle, a member of teenage misfit gang The Rats who is suspicious and out for revenge – though a chance meeting changes everything.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I know our thoughts differ on him; but I think this is karma for how horrible Andrzej Sapkowski treated CD XD

Look at what you actually signed onto and despair. 

I mean, a little rudeness from a broke ass author to one of the most famous gaming companies in the universe should hardly constitute horrible treatment. XD It’s not like he abused them or something. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I mean, a little rudeness from a broke ass author to one of the most famous gaming companies in the universe should hardly constitute horrible treatment. XD It’s not like he abused them or something. 

I mean he verbally shat on them XD

1 minute ago, Celan said:

playboy brother Prince Radovid. The press release states: “With his good looks and drunken charm, Radovid amazes with how incisive he can be in political affairs, but it’s all games until someone gets hurt.”

What the fuck…

Ah yes, Radovid the Playboy…

Radovid-7-713x1024.jpg

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Maybe they just want there own version of Renly (Not the Chad Jock Book version) XD

Man, why’d you have to remind me of HBO Renly? XD Robert is lucky to have died in season 1 because the whole Baratheon family got done dirty after that.