Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

11 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Speaking of Fallout; I was bored last night and decided to watch a playthrough of the uncensored Frontier and holy fuck :rofl: Remeber the Brotherhood NCR War, one of the pivotal moments of the background that everyone wants to see?  You start the Mod living it out; but it's a on the rails script fest that runs at like fifteen FPS; and it plays like Call of Duty (one of the bad ones). It's so janky, it pretty much ruins the entire scene (which plays out like a by the books corny war movie), not helped by the fact the Creation Engine is not good for all out battles. 

Maybe it was better left to our imagination XD

I am so thankful for Frontier’s existence. XD 

• Haha 2

You know, as much as I hate the inclusion of synths, it’s really a crying shame that Fallout 4 didn’t have That Gun, considering its design was directly inspired by Deckard's pistol in Bladerunner.

c76d88d616e5fc31598aba77469096d6.jpg
bladerunnergun.jpg

The most iconic android-killer of all time has been in Fallout since the start, yet it somehow didn’t make it into the one game that actually features androids.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You know, as much as I hate the inclusion of synths, it’s really a crying shame that Fallout 4 didn’t have That Gun, considering its design was directly inspired by Deckard's pistol in Bladerunner.

bladerunnergun.jpg

The most iconic android-killer of all time has been in Fallout since the start, yet it somehow didn’t make it into the one game that actually features androids.

Teeeechnically it wasn't in Fallout 3 either. Which had two Synths XD

29 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

bladerunnergun.jpg

It's a shame Fallout 4 had such ugly guns in general; it's like they looked at Metro and was like "lets use those but uglier" XD

• Like 1

But isn’t it kind of funny that one of the most popular weapons in Fallout was inspired by Bladerunner, and Fallout 4’s entire storyline is also inspired by Bladerunner, yet Fallout 4 does not have that weapon?

Not like it’s obscure, either. That Gun has been over half the games and is a fan favorite in both FO1 and NV. You just know that it would’ve inspired a million "look at me, I’m Deckard" posts on their forums back in the day.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Forget going to New Vegas. That’s not even fair. Bethesda had a perfectly serviceable 5.56 Assault Rifle, with lore and everything, in Fallout 3. 

Fallout_3_Assault_Rifle_Build_3.jpg
2000?cb=20110211030500

Fallout 4's art style shift was certainly more cartoony, and it pretty overhauled every design. That being said; they should have just updated the Fallout 3 designs for the firearms cause they were all perfectly good. 

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fallout 4's art style shift was certainly more cartoony, and it pretty overhauled every design. That being said; they should have just updated the Fallout 3 designs for the firearms cause they were all perfectly good. 

Plus the bolts were on the proper side of the gun!

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They did this massive "Best games of all time" list in which they got hundreds developers and journalists to vote there favorite games, that was Josh's. 

That list looks like trash. But I’d expect nothing less considering who the voters were. XD Sawyer’s picks aren’t bad though. They seem consistent with stuff I’ve seen him say in the past.

• Haha 1