Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

57 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’re not alone. I have a friend from my hometown who hates him. 

Not me, I think Jack is great. :lol: Best character in Borderlands besides maybe Rhys and Fiona.

I never played tales so Fiona flew over my head a bit lol but the little bit of Rhys in 3 was nice. 

Everything between your reply and this reply has me so fucking dead. 

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor @Centurion Beth posted this last year; if this is what "best shape" looks like i'm very scared for Starfield now XD

FSjlyizXwAAEs4_?format=jpg&name=medium

Eek I forgot about that, it's actually quite concerning. I want to look forward to Starfield so bad but I don't know you guys all I can do is worry about how it's going to turn out with how gaming has been the past few years.

https://www.thegamer.com/final-fantasy-16-producer-naoki-yoshida-responds-diversity-backlash/

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/1/23620217/final-fantasy-xvi-diversity-naoki-yoshida-interview

https://cogconnected.com/2022/11/final-fantasy-16-wont-have-black-characters-due-to-medieval-realism/

The new FF director made a comment how they aren't forcing diversity by adding African American characters in a game set in land that's mostly inspired by Medieval Europe and the usual crowd went nuts :rofl: I think these people lowkey hate Japanese creators. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think these people lowkey hate Japanese creators. 

I think it’s less about hating Japanese creators and more about hating the fact that Japanese creators don’t typically bend to their inconsistent whims like American ones do.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think it’s less about hating Japanese creators and more about hating the fact that Japanese creators don’t typically bend to their inconsistent whims like American ones do.

It probably does grind there gear they can never influence the entire sector of games like they do with the western titles XD

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean, you know I don’t like woke shit, but I don’t think Japan would suffer too much from shedding some of its, uhh… let’s call them "real world anime tropes". XD 

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2023 at 7:04 PM, The Good Doctor said:

Of course Amazon would be the ones to put the boot on the strikers. :rofl: Shame it’s to preserve one of the worst shows ever made, but hell, I’d push forward without my writers too if they gave me a season 1 as abysmally bad as the middle school fanfic tier trash that we got.

Going forward without that writing team, and those showrunners can almost only lead to an improvement. XD 

One of the series (there are so many) where kicking the writers out of filming might actually improve the final product. In fact, kick them off the writing part, too. Let a ninth grade fanfiction writer try and we would get a better LOTR product than they made.

I just started the closest thing I've ever had to my dream job, in aviation.  So this is me now, basically. Those low paid supply planner jobs I've been doing for the past decade can kiss my white Irish ass.

1986-kelly-mcgillis-top-gun-v0-paxlazkq1

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

21 minutes ago, Celan said:

One of the series (there are so many) where kicking the writers out of filming might actually improve the final product. In fact, kick them off the writing part, too. Let a ninth grade fanfiction writer try and we would get a better LOTR product than they made.

I just started the closest thing I've ever had to my dream job, in aviation.  So this is me now, basically. Those low paid supply planner jobs I've been doing for the past decade can kiss my white Irish ass.

Reveal hidden contents

You joke...but XD

YzH58FDGz368nCeM5sSHcK-970-80.png

https://www.pcgamer.com/rings-of-power-lawsuit/

• Haha 1

LOL, unsurprisingly young Demetrious is no longer available on Amazon, though he's still trying to sell his fanfiction on his own website. He'll be lucky if the Tolkien Estate doesn't sue him up the ass.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing:

-Being the person who wrote Rings of Power as an original work.

-Being the person who ripped off a fanfic as crappy as Rings of Power and trying to pass it off as your original work.

-Being the person who wrote the fanfic that inspired a show as crappy as Rings of Power and trying to convince the world you deserve credit for both.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey! That is awesome, and very cool! Congratulations! :pubsong: So what is the job? Have you already started?

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hey! That is awesome, and very cool! Congratulations! :pubsong: So what is the job? Have you already started?

Yes, this is week 2. It's a demand planning role for an aviation repair and maintenance facility. ✈️

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yes, this is week 2. It's a demand planning role for an aviation repair and maintenance facility. ✈️

So if you had a friend on the internet who wants to "one piece at a time" a small airplane over the span of a decade or so, think you could help him pull that off? Speaking hypothetically, of course.

But for real, that is great. :D Really glad to hear you’ve landed a job where you’re happy. That’s worth so much. Good pay’s just a cherry on top.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

So if you had a friend on the internet who wants to "one piece at a time" a small airplane over the span of a decade or so, think you could help him pull that off? Speaking hypothetically, of course.

This means that I will answer every question with "negative, Ghost Rider." Including this one. XD 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Finally booted up the RE4 Remake this morning. Just reached the Merchant in chapter 2 and am thoroughly enjoying it so far. Took out the chainsaw guy on my first attempt too, so that was pretty cool. The combat is very satisfying.

Don’t really have much negative to say right now. I am having a lot of fun.

Did you manage the Village Siege fine? The game gives you so many options to deal with it XD

30 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Did you manage the Village Siege fine? The game gives you so many options to deal with it XD

Oh yeah, it was fun. Not as tough as I expected, but I was probably just well practiced being fresh off of RE 2&3.

Been pretty efficient with my resources so far. I got the starting pistol fully upgraded except for the laser (working on that), and it’s pretty well carried me all the way to the church without much need to use anything else. I did buy the rifle but haven’t used it yet, and am tempted to start using way more grenades because they’re really starting to clog my inventory.