Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Ok after the second watch I do agree with @BigBossBalrog. He just looks like Nosferatu with wings, which I actually do like.

Ngl I am wondering about the doctor xD Did they have black doctors then lol even in england. Someone more knowledgeable will have to tell me lol. 

edit: Quick google search says yes, they actually did. What do you know, I guess we did alright in Europe compared to with whitey in the states lmao in the 1800s.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok after the second watch I do agree with @BigBossBalrog. He just looks like Nosferatu with wings, which I actually do like.

Ngl I am wondering about the doctor xD Did they have black doctors then lol even in england. Someone more knowledgeable will have to tell me lol. 

For once; apparently XD The dude is a medical graduate from Cambride and there's a couple of recorded ones, so it's plausible. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_in_Cambridge

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

For once; apparently XD The dude is a medical graduate from Cambride and there's a couple of recorded ones, so it's plausible. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_in_Cambridge

Yea I edited my response and saw we's wuz doctors n sheit in england back then, ngl thats cool.

Oh and spoiler alert for anyone who isnt aware of how the movie (should) end.

Everyone fucking dies lmao including the dog. Dracula impersonates a black dog to escape the ship when discovered and is probably gonna be the "plot twist" at the end/cliff hanger.

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But it was much more terrifying when no one knew what the fuck was going on, on the ship and didnt know what the fuck he was or who he was. It was just some devil and niggas just started disappearing left and right until there was barely anyone left and he just came out like whatuppppp.

That sounds really cool. I think it would be sick if nobody in the movie never even said the word "vampire" and them it’s just a demon that they have no understanding of. 

• Like 1

If I remember; the section in Dracula that told the story was 99 percent logs that detailed the events of the ship; and it was one of, if not the first, examples of the "There is something here, and it's killed us, this is my final note AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" XD

Oh and spoiler alert for anyone who isnt aware of how the movie (should) end.

Hide contents

Everyone fucking dies lmao including the dog. Dracula impersonates a black dog to escape the ship when discovered and is probably gonna be the "plot twist" at the end/cliff hanger.

A spoiler in the sense we know Anakin becomes Darth Vader and Reach falls XD

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That sounds really cool. I think it would be sick if nobody in the movie never even said the word "vampire" and them it’s just a demon that they have no understanding of. 

The people who first read Dracula are lucky as fuck lol but yes I agree. They could have marketed it in a way where we know what it is without actually having it said. No "Dracula!" no vampire, just a thing. 

I know there's an example somewhere of this but I'm having trouble remembering. The way I'd have done it, there'd have been sightings of it, and you only know for sure ah this is dracula at the end when he comes in wings stretched out and mouth all bloody etc. 

But not the characters in the movie.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Personally I think its simply his acting. I roasted him originally as well until I saw the movie. He fits very well, better than the original movie Paul Atreides Imo. That he seems more fitting to Czar now imo is simply that he's in the part of the story where he's that nigga and knows he's that nigga. First movie he was still figuring that out... but had glimpses of it. Especially near the end. It's natural progression.

I'm very excited to see part two.

He looks way more like book Paul than the 80s version, but in my opinion the older one had better acting chops. 

I’ll have to wait and see. Paul for me was definitely not my favorite part of the last one, and not just because it took place before he goes full Fremen war chief badass.

One thing I liked in the book is that after the time skip, he is noted as having grown up quite a lot. Gurney barely recognizes him. He’s gotten stronger and more authoritative. A man, not a boy, whose skin has gotten rough and dark, eyes have fully blued, etc. as he has gone almost full native.

I’m just not sure about this guy’s ability to pull off that version of Paul. I’m willing to give him a chance, but I think he should’ve at least spent some time outside and gotten a good tan. XD 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The people who first read Dracula are lucky as fuck lol but yes I agree. They could have marketed it in a way where we know what it is without actually having it said. No "Dracula!" no vampire, just a thing. 

I know there's an example somewhere of this but I'm having trouble remembering. The way I'd have done it, there'd have been sightings of it, and you only know for sure ah this is dracula at the end when he comes in wings stretched out and mouth all bloody etc. 

I think the title gives it a way; and I think it's a pretty cool ass title, so I think it's worth the trade off XD

But then again, part of what Alien so memorable was you only got a good look at the Xenomorph almost an hour into the film 

Cool ass poster too 

6703526C-9F49-4E4D-9879-D88EF16EA355.jpe

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He looks way more like book Paul than the 80s version, but in my opinion the older one had better acting chops. 

I’ll have to wait and see. Paul for me was definitely not my favorite part of the last one, and not just because it took place before he goes full Fremen war chief badass.

One thing I liked in the book is that after the time skip, he is noted as having grown up quite a lot. Gurney barely recognizes him. He’s gotten stronger and more authoritative. A man, not a boy, whose skin has gotten rough and dark, eyes have fully blued, etc. as he has gone almost full native.

I’m just not sure about this guy’s ability to pull off that version of Paul. I’m willing to give him a chance, but I think he should’ve at least spent some time outside and gotten a good tan. XD 

To be fair that’s not in either movie adaptation :P however it is in the mini series

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think the title gives it a way; and I think it's a pretty cool ass title, so I think it's worth the trade off XD

But then again, part of what Alien so memorable was you only got a good look at the Xenomorph almost an hour into the film 

Cool ass poster too 

6703526C-9F49-4E4D-9879-D88EF16EA355.jpe

The title is cool lol that’s true. And the title is fine, I’m more speaking of the trailer itself where you hear Dracula 

that name is too iconic for a horror, imo. Too much imagery behind it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

To be fair that’s not in either movie adaptation :P however it is in the mini series

I know. But I’d definitely like to see it. Spending two years leading a Fremen raiding party in the high desert should change a man pretty significantly.

But even if the actor himself doesn’t bulk or toughen up (hard to tell from the trailer), I hope he can at least pull off the strength and charisma of Paul from the later part of the book. The time for mopey angst is behind him! I wanna see Muad'Dib! :lol: 

• Haha 1

New ones got more confidence.

New Paul is definitely better in some ways, but this isn’t one I’d give him. If anything, the creators went out of their way to make him much more reluctant and full of self-doubt. He even has a scene or two where he talks about it with Leto. Plus he mumbles a lot and could use a sandwich. XD

I liked him well enough for what he was, and suspect this change was intentionally made so that his development feels more prominent, but he hasn’t yet sold me on his ability to pull that part off yet. Not saying he can’t; but it just hasn’t yet been proven. 

37 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I love this and wish it’s how they’d done it. But I’m sure they felt like they had to do it this way just because including "vampire" and "Dracula" in the marketing will surely help it sell more tickets.

Though even if they miss some opportunities, I still think it’s just a really cool premise at face value. Hope they do it well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I love this and wish it’s how they’d done it. But I’m sure they felt like they had to do it this way just because including "vampire" and "Dracula" in the marketing will surely help it sell more tickets.

Though even if they miss some opportunities, I still think it’s just a really cool premise at face value. Hope they do it well.

It's  a hundred times more interesting for Universal Monsters then what they fucking did with that "Dark Cinematic Universe" shit a couple years ago XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Out of… monsters. :rofl: 

Imagine what the inevitable "Avengers" style team up would have been like. 

The monster mash was low key one of the first cinematic universe; but it really only amounted to crossover movies, along with induvial releases XD

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The monster mash was low key one of the first cinematic universe; but it really only amounted to crossover movies, along with induvial releases XD

Who would be the big overarching "Thanos" character who all the monsters team up to defeat? It would have to be a hero, right?

Van Helsing, maybe? Pope Urban II? An aged, overweight Brendan Fraser from The Mummy?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Who would be the big overarching "Thanos" character who all the monsters team up to defeat? It would have to be a hero, right?

Van Helsing, maybe? Pope Urban II? An aged, overweight Brendan Fraser from The Mummy?

You are joking about that; but apparently there making a cinematic universe out of the recent success, the "Pope's exorcist", with the pope being the "big good" :rofl:

Maybe they would do some "greater evil" shit, and it'd be Typhoon from Greek Mythology. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

You are joking about that; but apparently there making a cinematic universe out of the recent success, the "Pope's exorcist", with the pope being the "big good" :rofl:

I went with Urban II because of his role in launching the Crusades. XD 

All joking aside, I’m not really into exorcism/demon movies, but the new one you’re referencing is based off of a real priest and there is some really cool history to the guy. He actually seems to have been a bit of a church rockstar back in his day.

I don’t care to see the movie, but I would recommend looking the guy up just for the cool read.