Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Could have had an Immersive Sim Vampire-Apocalypse (in the vein of Salem's Lot) game with survival horror elements but we got this instead

To be honest, I had no interest in this from the very first trailer. I’m so tired of this trend of "millennial humor" or whatever it’s supposed to be called. You know, when the heroes are all "wise"-cracking college students who never take anything seriously and yet are so much better than all the older people who do. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

To be honest, I had no interest in this from the very first trailer. I’m so tired of this trend of "millennial humor" or whatever it’s supposed to be called. You know, when the heroes are all "wise"-cracking college students who never take anything seriously and yet are so much better than all the older people who do. 

I soon as I heard looter-shooter I was wary; the trailer was very cringey but I felt "It's Arkane! At worst it'll be a solid, if unexceptional, shooter". How wrong I was  XD

Oh and BTW; funny you said College student XD

FvI9p-mWAA0BaFH.jpg:large

Remeber when Hunters looked like this? 

Old_Hunter_concept_art.thumb.webp.f657108fd76c21b96c45e30295620a00.webp

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I soon as I heard looter-shooter I was wary; the trailer was very cringey but I felt "It's Arkane! At worst it'll be a solid, if unexceptional, shooter". How wrong I was  XD

Oh and BTW; funny you said College student XD

FvI9p-mWAA0BaFH.jpg:large

Remeber when Hunters looked like this? 

Old_Hunter_concept_art.thumb.webp.f657108fd76c21b96c45e30295620a00.webp

Bloodborne 2 hunters will look like the one on top just to punish you Balrog

• Haha 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

The music choice (Who fucking knew people still listened to the Smashing Pumpkins XD) is 90's levels of cheesy, but this actually looks a very cool idea; it's based off a single Chapter of Dracula. The director also did the Autopsy of Jane Doe, which was a very good horror movie. 

Kinda looks like Vampire Alien on a ship XD Great to see Davos's actor get some roles! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

it's based off a single Chapter of Dracula.

For an adaptation, that’s a pretty creative idea to roll with. The trailer didn’t grab me (the music was… yeah), but the premise is interesting enough that I might give it a watch if I hear enough good things about it.

• Like 1

So.... for me this is mixed. The music yea is off imo, but a lot of this is off as well, like the chick on the boat knowing about Dracula because she's from Romania. That wasn't the case in the book, and yea yea ik its different and I GUESS for the sake of marketing they needed that.

But it was much more terrifying when no one knew what the fuck was going on, on the ship and didnt know what the fuck he was or who he was. It was just some devil and niggas just started disappearing left and right until there was barely anyone left and he just came out like whatuppppp.

This trailer makes it feel like some epic monster hunt or something. However I know from experience now that oftentimes the movie trailer isn't at all indicative of the actual movie. I am hoping its far from the movie's actual feel. Jump scares and all that, not a thriller but an actual horror.

I'm gonna watch it since I'm kinda obsessed with Bram Stoker adaptations.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Paul Muad'dweeb looking a bit more fitting this time around XD

Looks great.

43 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How so? 

Personally I think its simply his acting. I roasted him originally as well until I saw the movie. He fits very well, better than the original movie Paul Atreides Imo. That he seems more fitting to Czar now imo is simply that he's in the part of the story where he's that nigga and knows he's that nigga. First movie he was still figuring that out... but had glimpses of it. Especially near the end. It's natural progression.

I'm very excited to see part two.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So.... for me this is mixed. The music yea is off imo, but a lot of this is off as well, like the chick on the boat knowing about Dracula because she's from Romania. That wasn't the case in the book, and yea yea ik its different and I GUESS for the sake of marketing they needed that.

But it was much more terrifying when no one knew what the fuck was going on, on the ship and didnt know what the fuck he was or who he was. It was just some devil and niggas just started disappearing left and right until there was barely anyone left and he just came out like whatuppppp.

This trailer makes it feel like some epic monster hunt or something. However I know from experience now that oftentimes the movie trailer isn't at all indicative of the actual movie. I am hoping its far from the movie's actual feel. Jump scares and all that, not a thriller but an actual horror.

I'm gonna watch it since I'm kinda obsessed with Bram Stoker adaptations.

I agree with most of this; I'll say I think they nailed the more Nosferatu-inspired Dracula design; as if since his isolated with the crew, he no longer has to put on an illusion of blending into society and became a undead abomination whose sole purpose is to cause suffering. 

I love this shot 

Dracula-in-Last-Voyage-of-the-Demeter.jp

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I agree with most of this; I'll say I think they nailed the more Nosferatu-inspired Dracula design; as if since his isolated with the crew, he no longer has to put on an illusion of blending into society and became a undead abomination whose sole purpose is to cause suffering. 

I love this shot 

Dracula-in-Last-Voyage-of-the-Demeter.jp

I'll give you that, in this shot. The others I thought looked too Vampire Lordy but I'll watch it again and see. 

Not that Dracula doesn't have that look too, he does, but yea I'd rather here he lean Nosferatu esque.