Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

"Son you've got a way to fall..."

BETHESDA AND MICROSOFT YOU MONSTERS! WHAT YOU DID TO ARKANE WILL NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BE FORGIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! 

They apparently wanted to do Dishonored 3, but Dishonored 2 and DotO didn’t make enough money so Bethesda told them to scale back and work on smaller, less expensive projects instead. Not a complete loss because we got Deathloop (which is great) out of the deal, but it’s a damn shame that this is what they’re working on now instead of the main series they actually wanted to develop. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They apparently wanted to do Dishonored 3, but Dishonored 2 and DotO didn’t make enough money so Bethesda told them to scale back and work on smaller, less expensive projects instead. Not a complete loss because we got Deathloop (which is great) out of the deal, but it’s a damn shame that this is what they’re working on now instead of the main series they actually wanted to develop. 

It just boggles my mind they thought Arkane would be good for a looter shooter when you have a bunch of highly experienced FPS teams; I can't fathom it. 

Not to mention apparently Live Service games cost a ton; why the fuck would you get them to make one instead of another experimental game if your goal is to save money? 

Still excited to try Deathloop but it still a shame for them to have an "Anthem" moment regardless.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://deadline.com/2023/05/writers-strike-talks-ended-no-agreement-1235353150/

The Hollywood writers have apparently just announced there going through with their strikes; apparently the last one was industry shattering. Make them squirm! 

They’ve been threatening this for a while now. Personally, I can’t think of a group with less ground to stand on for a strike than Hollywood writers in 2023. 

Not only are modern movie writers so bad at their jobs that any teenage fanfic author with a keyboard could probably replace them and do better with less ego and for a fraction of the cost, but this is happening just after AI writing programs hit the mass market.

These people must be unbelievably stupid to think they’re irreplaceable. If I was a producer, I’d see this as a chance to say "good riddance", cull the herd, and invest in finding some fresh new talent with emphasis on the talent part. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

They’ve been threatening this for a while now. Personally, I can’t think of a group with less ground to stand on for a strike than Hollywood writers in 2023. 

Not only are modern movie writers so bad at their jobs that any teenage fanfic author with a keyboard could probably replace them and do better with less ego and for a fraction of the cost, but this is happening just after AI writing programs hit the mass market.

These people must be unbelievably stupid to think they’re irreplaceable. If I was a producer, I’d see this as a chance to say "good riddance", cull the herd, and invest in finding some fresh new talent with emphasis on the talent part. 

The last one gave birth the eldritch abyss that was the Kardashians show and ended up killing Heroes and countless other projects, so they did alot of damage back then XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The last one gave birth the eldritch abyss that was the Kardashians show and ended up killing Heroes and countless other projects, so they did alot of damage back then XD

Leave it to Hollywood to waste an opportunity. XD 

But seriously, with just a few exceptions, big budget movie writing is so abysmal these days that it has very little room to get worse. 

It’s just that in principle this whole thing seems dumb as hell to me. Fundamentally, strikes are supposed to be about people who are overworked and under-appreciated leveraging the fact that people need them to get better benefits, because they’re good at what they do and can’t just be replaced. But the current slate of Hollywood writers are terrible at what they do, and they’ve gotta be conceited as hell to think anyone needs them that badly. 

The real damage from this will be from other production groups joining in. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Leave it to Hollywood to waste an opportunity. XD 

But seriously, with just a few exceptions, big budget movie writing is so abysmal these days that it has very little room to get worse. 

It’s just that in principle this whole thing seems dumb as hell to me. Fundamentally, strikes are supposed to be about people who are overworked and under-appreciated leveraging the fact that people need them to get better benefits, because they’re good at what they do and can’t just be replaced. But the current slate of Hollywood writers are terrible at what they do, and they’ve gotta be conceited as hell to think anyone needs them that badly. 

The real damage from this will be from other production groups joining in. 

I remember about a couple of big name screenwriters  (pretty much throughout movie history XD) have always whined about how little they are payed compared to the other big heads in the creative process. But with, as you say, how overwhelmingly horrible the writing quality has been in the last twelve or so years, maybe there being overpaid 

Something hilarious is that Netflix, in a very rare decent move, just announced they decided to invent a couple of billion into cultivating there korean talent and teams, and specifically said they'd be fine cause they'd just switch over to using more Korean writers then ones from Hollywood during the strike XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But with, as you say, how overwhelmingly horrible the writing quality has been in the last twelve or so years, maybe there being overpaid 

If they are getting paid at all, they are overpaid. XD 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Something hilarious is that Netflix, in a very rare decent move, just announced they decided to invent a couple of billion into cultivating there korean talent and teams, and specifically said they'd be fine cause they'd just switch over to using more Korean writers then ones from Hollywood during the strike XD

If Netflix slowly transitioned into a Korean zombie show streaming service… well, worse things have happened. :lol: 

The foreign market is clearly still undertapped, and alot of good shit comes from those areas. I'm really worried, however, if this move makes Western producers and such switch over and began to influence and subvert the foreign film industries with there shit. 

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The new Bonewalkers are a...very unique design. I like them, but I don't know if they fit the original. 

The thought of running into super buff Dunmer Frakenstein/mummies is pretty terrifying though XD

a0fa3g1uq0b71.png

At first I was going to say how the design subverts the old depictions of Dunmer, being lanky string beans. But then I noticed it went full Black Blade Kindred and had at least two dunmer fused together XD

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The new Bonewalkers are a...very unique design. I like them, but I don't know if they fit the original. 

I don’t know if they fit the original, but they do track well with the original bonelord designs. Very regal despite how macabre it is.

Either way, it’s a cool look.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:27 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

You suck the life out of every recurring joke we have like a Vampire you know that Czar It was funny TEN YEARS ago XD

For context this is a discord sever that knows NOTHING about our inside joke and now think Czar's a nut job 

27b5c7ca_o.png.f8896b88bce3bc045448264af1e56b68.png

see I was smart and stopped him, twice now, before that happened to me in discord XD My one friend said she thought he was cute lmao, couple years ago. I rolled my eyes

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee