Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

I don't know much about it other than it's happening. 

I’m in the same boat. All I can say from what I’ve seen is that the power armor looks good and I am looking forward to seeing Walton Goggins in whatever role he’s been cast.

I’m sure season 1 will be gimmicky as hell. They’re going to want to squeeze as much "iconography" in there as they can to put in the promos. Expect a vault in episode 1, the blue jumpsuits, super mutants, BoS, etc. If it’s iconic, it will probably be crammed in there. I just hope it’s done halfway well and doesn’t feel that forced.

If this show turns out of the same quality as HBO’s The Last of Us show, that would be nice, but honestly with competent writing and direction, a good Fallout show should easily be able to top that.

Unfortunately, this is being made by Amazon, not HBO, and I’ve yet to see a big budget show from them that didn’t turn out to be trash. The main creators worked on Westworld, which does not at all fill me with confidence, and I doubt whatever contributions Bethesda have made in the writers room have done the story any favors. So as badly as I want it to be good, I’m expecting disappointment.

15 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m in the same boat. All I can say from what I’ve seen is that the power armor looks good and I am looking forward to seeing Walton Goggins in whatever role he’s been cast.

I’m sure season 1 will be gimmicky as hell. They’re going to want to squeeze as much "iconography" in there as they can to put in the promos. Expect a vault in episode 1, the blue jumpsuits, super mutants, BoS, etc. If it’s iconic, it will probably be crammed in there. I just hope it’s done halfway well and doesn’t feel that forced.

If this show turns out of the same quality as HBO’s The Last of Us show, that would be nice, but honestly with competent writing and direction, a good Fallout show should easily be able to top that.

Unfortunately, this is being made by Amazon, not HBO, and I’ve yet to see a big budget show from them that didn’t turn out to be trash. The main creators worked on Westworld, which does not at all fill me with confidence, and I doubt whatever contributions Bethesda have made in the writers room have done the story any favors. So as badly as I want it to be good, I’m expecting disappointment.

Ngl completely forgot Amazon was heading the project. That makes me worry as well. 
Honestly your whole statement sums up how I feel about it after learning that info.

8 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Finished the subplot with chosing the next king.

Ceyrs won out, but I like Hjalmar more as a character. He'll make an outstanding champion when Nilfgaard rears its golden sun-crested head.

I won’t spoil the ending but you probably got the happiest one.

Though people sleep on the less known third ending where Svanrige becomes king. And the guy who everyone wrote off as a weakling who would just be his mother’s puppet turns out to be the most badass of them all. He rips up the peace treaty she meant him to sign with Nilfgaard and goes on to bring the Jarls to heel and establish an absolute monarchy.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what Wild Wasteland perk is referencing here? I've wondered for so long. Btw starting on my playthrough where I will complete Honest Hearts for the first time, wish me luck. Using quite a few mods but nothing that adds overpowered stuff or anything like that. If anything it is harder because of JSawyer Ultimate Edition. I'm overly excited to be honest.

ScreenShot12.thumb.png.2f306683938fd88e799bd2cc2d194b53.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am usually halfway decent at picking up the WW references but that one has always stumped me as well. 

JE Sawyer mod is the best way to play New Vegas. 

Gonna put it in spoilers just to keep it short but looked it up. Kind of interesting. 

During the Barton the Fink quest, Barton Thorn instructs the player to investigate an overlook south of Goodsprings. There is a dead Prospector up there named Johnny, wearing glasses, with a glass pitcher next to him, and five aces on the table. On the cliff are four balls in a line. (Without Wild Wasteland, a generic dead prospector will be at the site instead of Johnny.)

This is a reference to the failed game project Zybourne Clock, more specifically to one of its characters, "Johnny Five-Aces," as well as a metaphorical explanation of time-travel involving four balls placed on the edge of a cliff. Initially announced on the Something Awful forums, this project featured questionable artwork and somewhat convoluted plot material, and eventually became a forum inside joke.

The line formed by the 4 red balls besides Johnny is actually a sign pointing the exact direction of the deathtrap fridge (another Wild Wasteland scene) from there. Sometimes, Johnny may not be present, in which case he likely fell off the cliff and may be found below it. 

• Thanks 1