Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, it’s pretty funny that this happened over a month ago and people were probably just like "weird title but ah well, nice tits" and moved on.

Then 33 days later one of those people plays Necrom early, sees that name, remembers the tits, and is like… "hey, what the fuck?!" :rofl: 

Pretty excellent troll tbh, also good advertising. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

45 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If the old Beth forum was still up people would he having fucking meltdowns just about now XD

I am kinda disappointed at how tame the new forum is lol. People agree with my controversial statements now instead of being condescending and giving me a reason to debate point for point.

What kind of fetching fetcher fly shit is this anyway.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I mean that Oblivion already

Hide contents

introduced a new Prince. 

Jyggalag was new? Coulda sworn that he had a book before oblivion but I wouldn't know since oblivion was my first eso game

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I am kinda disappointed at how tame the new forum is lol. People agree with my controversial statements now instead of being condescending and giving me a reason to debate point for point.

What kind of fetching fetcher fly shit is this anyway.

The new forums are trash, yeah. The TES fanbase as a whole has gotten a lot lamer since they dumped the old site and stopped making games. Everyone’s a pansy now.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The new forums are trash, yeah. The TES fanbase as a whole has gotten a lot lamer since they dumped the old site and stopped making games. Everyone’s a pansy now.

To be fair these moderators are much stricter than before as well, believe it or not lmao. Plus they're developers and not just outsourced individuals, and, if they're feeling especially petty, will ban you in game for forum nonsense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Jyggalag was new? Coulda sworn that he had a book before oblivion but I wouldn't know since oblivion was my first eso game

You’re right, I forgot the name was mentioned once in a book in Daggerfall. But it was kinda like Ebonarm where they basically retconned him out and then later retconned him back in.

Still, considering how Morrowind and Oblivion cemented the whole "16 Princes" thing, I think it’s safe to consider the confirmation of a secret never before seen 17th in Shivering Isles as his introduction. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

You’re right, I forgot the name was mentioned once in a book in Daggerfall. But it was kinda like Ebonarm where they basically retconned him out and then later retconned him back in.

Still, considering how Morrowind and Oblivion cemented the whole "16 Princes" thing, I think it’s safe to consider the confirmation of a secret never before seen 17th in Shivering Isles as his introduction. 

That's fair.

Lets say 16 "mainstream" ones who give a shit about nirn, or don't, but in some way have their spheres influenced by nirn. Even in a small way. 

I would say Jyggalag is safely outside that description whether you believe he was cursed by the other daedra or that he turned into Sheogorath after Lorkhan's divine spark became Nirn's divine spark. I.E. the heart. Because perfect order and stasis no longer existed then as a concept, but it did prior to the creation of Nirn.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lets say 16 "mainstream" ones who give a shit about nirn, or don't, but in some way have their spheres influenced by nirn. Even in a small way. 

That’s certainly how it is now, no question. I was talking about back when we only had lore from Oblivion and prior, when they were described as a more concrete "sixteen" and everyone pretty well accepted that as fact because there was no evidence to the contrary.

Jyg broke that in Shivering Isles (though it was kind of a loophole since they presented him as literally the same spirit as Sheogorath, so it was still kinda 16 until we split him off), and then MK went on to write OOG stuff about how there are many more Princes who have no connection to Nirn and have spheres that are barely comprehensible to mortals, which ESO has confirmed as canon several times now.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Makes sense that we wouldn't necessarily know every last daedric prince out there, and we did know more existed anyway because apparently Mehrunes Dagon destroyed the others.

Clearly not all of them.

More Necrom spoilers

Interestingly, this expansion also states very strongly that Princes of Oblivion fundamentally cannot, under any circumstances, be truly and fully destroyed.

They can be cursed to the point of unrecognizability like Jyg, or "cast down and wiped from the annals of history" like this new Prince, but a part of them remains and they can always return.

Apparently this new Prince is unknown because after her defeat, Herma Mora obliterated all records and memories of her from the Arubis, wiping knowledge of her even from the other Daedric Princes. But because Herma Mora is the Prince of lost and forbidden knowledge, he cannot actually make himself lose memory of her. Because it is his nature to know that which is supposed to be forgotten. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My entry to the lore questions for their lore interview. Fingers crossed, maybe it gets used ^^

I bet it does. They love when people ask their questions in-character. Let us know! Or better yet, link the page when they give the responses.

Also, that profile pic. Did you get some art commissioned and not share with us??

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s certainly how it is now, no question. I was talking about back when we only had lore from Oblivion and prior, when they were described as a more concrete "sixteen" and everyone pretty well accepted that as fact because there was no evidence to the contrary.

Jyg broke that in Shivering Isles (though it was kind of a loophole since they presented him as literally the same spirit as Sheogorath, so it was still kinda 16 until we split him off), and then MK went on to write OOG stuff about how there are many more Princes who have no connection to Nirn and have spheres that are barely comprehensible to mortals, which ESO has confirmed as canon several times now.

More Necrom spoilers

Hide contents

Interestingly, this expansion also states very strongly that Princes of Oblivion fundamentally cannot, under any circumstances, be truly and fully destroyed.

They can be cursed to the point of unrecognizability like Jyg, or "cast down and wiped from the annals of history" like this new Prince, but a part of them remains and they can always return.

Apparently this new Prince is unknown because after her defeat, Herma Mora obliterated all records and memories of her from the Arubis, wiping knowledge of her even from the other Daedric Princes. But because Herma Mora is the Prince of lost and forbidden knowledge, he cannot actually make himself lose memory of her. Because it is his nature to know that which is supposed to be forgotten. 

I actually didn’t know MK wrote that tbh, but that’s cool, glad they didn’t pull that totally out of their ass

Microsoft literally purged all of 343's Leadership; 

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/halo-franchise-director-frank-oconnor-may-have-left-microsoft

Frank, whose been in the franchise since Halo 2, resigned. I know his custodianship of the franchise has been...very mixed, it's kind of shocking to see an OG leave. I wonder what the fuck is Microsoft planning, giving Halo to IDSoftware? 

We have the best Jamaican restaurant around, but you have to drive through the absolute worst part of Macon.

On the way there, there was three ghetto ass people standing in the road greeting each other, a car wreck that happened way up the road with people about to draw in each other screaming, and drivers as bad as Atlanta.

Although, fun.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

We have the best Jamaican restaurant around, but you have to drive through the absolute worst part of Macon.

On the way there, there was three ghetto ass people standing in the road greeting each other, a car wreck that happened way up the road with people about to draw in each other screaming, and drivers as bad as Atlanta.

Although, fun.

I just saw a rocket launch. 

48 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I sign in from leave today and start work tomorrow :cry: I don’t wanna be in the army anymore

Reveal hidden contents

BC7180B0-FC59-4BEF-BD51-9564A86EEC52.thumb.jpeg.7ac2e7d1082605358e4f6ef68367362d.jpegF671736D-6A6D-485E-B8FC-E5D954DA5817.thumb.jpeg.c0bb73c01ce31a6b0b73e42c6dbf429f.jpeg
the latest beard attempt

If this was a war movie you'd be the character who was going to recieve his honorable discharge in a couple of weeks but dies mid way XD