Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Well, I beat RE3. It was fun for what it was.

The gameplay was alright. I probably would have more good to say about it if I hadn’t just played through RE2, and oddly enough, that game did the same thing except generally better. Dodge and an infinite use knife were nice inclusions, but they don’t really make up for the removal of limb damage or the ability to use secondary weapons to save yourself when grabbed.

I liked the diversity of locations and set pieces, and none of them dragged on so long that they wore out their welcome like the sewers did for me in RE2. Although as short as the game was (I beat it in 6 hours and I was taking it slow), I think it really would’ve benefited a lot from three or four more sections like in the original, or at least a couple more "large" ones like the city streets at the start of the game.

I much preferred Mr. X to Nemesis when it comes to the stalker/open world segments. However, far as arena boss fights go, I think the Nemesis ones were a little better than William Birkin. They were more dynamic, particularly the second to last fight.

33 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well, I beat RE3. It was fun for what it was.

Hide contents

The gameplay was alright. I probably would have more good to say about it if I hadn’t just played through RE2, and oddly enough, that game did the same thing except generally better. Dodge and an infinite use knife were nice inclusions, but they don’t really make up for the removal of limb damage or the ability to use secondary weapons to save yourself when grabbed.

I liked the diversity of locations and set pieces, and none of them dragged on so long that they wore out their welcome like the sewers did for me in RE2. Although as short as the game was (I beat it in 6 hours and I was taking it slow), I think it really would’ve benefited a lot from three or four more sections like in the original, or at least a couple more "large" ones like the city streets at the start of the game.

I much preferred Mr. X to Nemesis when it comes to the stalker/open world segments. However, far as arena boss fights go, I think the Nemesis ones were a little better than William Birkin. They were more dynamic, particularly the second to last fight.

I really like the almost xenomorph-esque design he has transformed; it's pretty scary 

XD

I also think the enemey variety was better in 3; you have all the monsters from 2, plus the additions of the two Hunter types (which look amazing in the RE engine) the bugs, the Nemesis Zombies and the Pale Heads

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

I really like the almost xenomorph-esque design he has transformed; it's pretty scary 

XD

I also think the enemey variety was better in 3; you have all the monsters from 2, plus the additions of the two Hunter types (which look amazing in the RE engine) the bugs, the Nemesis Zombies and the Pale Heads

Except for the absence of Mr. X (who is the most impressive enemy across both games), I agree.

RE3 didn’t have those big nasty sewer monsters or the ivy zombies from 2. That said, I liked the two hunter types way better than either of them anyway. Both were fun to fight and usually got me to break out the grenade launcher. Fire for the slimy guars and acid for the lizards.

Pale heads were creepy, but ultimately just tankier zombies. I dig the design but don’t feel very strongly about them in terms of gameplay. 

Lickers seem identical to RE2 except much rarer and you can no longer stunlock them with the knife. Luckily, they only show up in Carlos segments so flash bang + unloading the assault rifle was an easy combo to deal with them.

The bugs were nasty. Nobody told me that Jill was gonna get mouth raped in the first two hours of the game. O.o I found fighting those things to be more annoying than difficult, but it did add some diversity to the gameplay and was certainly more tense than most other segments. Reminded me of the spider levels in Metro where they come at you from almost anywhere.

I think people would have been alot more understanding taking out the clocktower, park, and the staging grounds and replacing them with generic sewers and a reskinned lab if the game had been advertised as more of a stand-alone expansion with a thirty or forty bucks pricetag rather then a full game. 

Oh and artificially increasing the price by bundling a shitty multiplayer game nobody cared about was a tactic that reminded me of old 2010 Capcom XD

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think people would have been alot more understanding taking out the clocktower, park, and the staging grounds and replacing them with generic sewers and a reskinned lab if the game had been advertised as more of a stand-alone expansion with a thirty or forty bucks pricetag rather then a full game. 

Yeah, but even then I think people still would’ve been like "why the hell did you skimp on RE3?"… Which is fair.

Why did they? The original RE3 has some of the most iconic parts of the series and was plenty deserving of the same love and attention in its remake that 2 and 3 got.

Honestly, at this point I’m hoping the remakes don’t stop at the numbered titles. I want to see Code Veronica and the final part of Umbrella Chronicles (where Chris and Jill help tank Umbrella) get remade as well. So Claire and Jill can get their follow-ups the way Leon does.

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

the final part of Umbrella Chronicles (where Chris and Jill help tank Umbrella)

Actually, how funny would it be if they did this, and just called it Resident Evil 6? XD Just completely ignore the original dumpster fire in this remake timeline and make the final numbered title (before moving on to the FP games) actually relevant to the games before it. Though I guess it would be out of order from 5 chronologically. 

Come to think of it, they could also make the Chris/Jill flashbacks a more prominent portion of 5 and combine that operation with the Umbrella Chronicles one. 

@The Good Doctor don’t crucify me but I took a look at F4’s creation club houses and the shroud house specifically because you always bring it up. Well the back story for it is it’s a mob bosses house and his cover story was being a comic book and memorabilia collector and one of his main business ventures was producing counterfeit memorabilia. Honestly a pretty good “excuse” and relatively grounded as far a cc stuff goes

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

the shroud house specifically because you always bring it up.

I don’t think I’ve ever said a word about it until recently when Czar joked about it being a thing and I told them that it actually was already. XD 

I generally don’t mind the CC houses except that they’re usually overpriced and sometimes buggy.

Come to think of it, principle annoyance with greedy cash grabs aside, I don’t find Fallout 4’s CC content to be nearly as offensive as Skyrim’s. Usually because it’s too small and shitty to even break the lore in any major ways. XD

Meanwhile, Skyrim’s CC content is simultaneously far more ambitious and catastrophic to its setting.

17 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, but even then I think people still would’ve been like "why the hell did you skimp on RE3?"… Which is fair.

Why did they? The original RE3 has some of the most iconic parts of the series and was plenty deserving of the same love and attention in its remake that 2 and 3 got.

Honestly, at this point I’m hoping the remakes don’t stop at the numbered titles. I want to see Code Veronica and the final part of Umbrella Chronicles (where Chris and Jill help tank Umbrella) get remade as well. So Claire and Jill can get their follow-ups the way Leon does.

I hope we find out one day; there's alot of horror stories about development for games of its ilk, but all we know is that Capcom outsourced it, and were so horrified with the fan reaction, they fired the oursourced team and got the ones who did 2 to work on 4.  

If I had to guess, they had the idea that 2 was doing so well, they needed to immediately capitalize on it's success by getting 3 out as fast as possible. Which once again reminds me of old Capcom with how short-sighed it was XD

It might be really hard to adapt Umbrella Chronicles due to the fact it wasn't anything like the other games; it was a light gun on the rails shooter in the vein of House of the Dead XD

17 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Actually, how funny would it be if they did this, and just called it Resident Evil 6? XD Just completely ignore the original dumpster fire in this remake timeline and make the final numbered title (before moving on to the FP games) actually relevant to the games before it. Though I guess it would be out of order from 5 chronologically. 

Come to think of it, they could also make the Chris/Jill flashbacks a more prominent portion of 5 and combine that operation with the Umbrella Chronicles one. 

People are saying the exact same thing about the Dead Space Remake team redoing  Dead Space 3. And it's been countered by a pretty good point; with how much fixing that and RE6 would require it would be pretty much an entirely different game XD So why not make a new game instead? 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Jokes aside I literally have no idea what the correlation is lol, snakes? Thats scalies lol aka argonian lovers and the only thing I love argonians for are leather boots. Speaking of, let me kill Lorgar and keep his fur.

Furries love vore; vore as a fetish on the internet originates from there fandom. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Aren’t furries notoriously cannibalistic?

No thats bosmer.

*Balrog voice* "Kernel, you said previously that your favorite position was doggie style (its not actually, its legs over my shoulder ;) ) therefore! You Must Be A furry!"

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And it's been countered by a pretty good point; with how much fixing that and RE6 would require it would be pretty much an entirely different game XD So why not make a new game instead? 

That’s exactly what I’m proposing. Basically a new RE6. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I mean are they, the most famous ones I know of were very much into bare skin lol. Jeffrey Dahmer for instance is like the Anti Furry

The rise of furry culture is a relatively new phenomenon compared to the entire history of cannibalism. You’ve gotta give them time to make their mark on the world.