Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

5 hours ago, Elden Clown said:

Hey peeps, could use some ideas for some Skyrim characters if anyone has a spark. Play with permadeath sometimes but always survival and high difficulty. 
Also @ColonelKillaBee You use wabbajack lists right?

If you like Wabbajack then try putting Wab in your left hand and a weapon enchanted with soul trap in the right. Get the Black Star and use the soul trap weapon to keep Wab infinitely charged. Simple but effective. No magicka cost so this works no matter if you’re a warrior or a mage.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Woooow literally sold his ass. See cant trust dudes for shit lol. 

I feel like mans did that on purpose, he gonna get stretched wide open.

He set himself up as some kind of guru to a bunch of teenage nerds. They unironically called him "OG" and one said people were sobbing when he was signing off to go on the lam from the FBI. What a pile of fuck up.

It kind of reminds me of the last high profile leaking case, the brilliantly named "Reality Winner," who spent five years in prison for "leaking" the news that Russians were trying to phish election officials. Like we all don't get phishing emails every day.

I don't know how the military recruits at all when there are this many morons coming up the ranks.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

13 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

I have convinced the wife to try Skyrim modded. With that said if I have question about the Skyrim RP. Should I ask anything related to it in a channel in that section or is here fine?

We like to keep most RP talk in the OOC threads in those sections.

3 hours ago, Celan said:

He set himself up as some kind of guru to a bunch of teenage nerds. They unironically called him "OG" and one said people were sobbing when he was signing off to go on the lam from the FBI. What a pile of fuck up.

It kind of reminds me of the last high profile leaking case, the brilliantly named "Reality Winner," who spent five years in prison for "leaking" the news that Russians were trying to phish election officials. Like we all don't get phishing emails every day.

I don't know how the military recruits at all when there are this many morons coming up the ranks.

He goes by Jack the Dripper :rofl: eyoo that name lit ngl lmfao

This shit is too funny. Our gov't likes to pretend they're infallible and sure, we know better but damn if this isn't the funniest chin check ever. 

Kid is fucked for sure lol, whole life ruined probably, but lmao he at least fucked up in style.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

@BigBossBalrog Started RE3 remake. I can see why it’s less popular than RE2.

The city streets made for a nice semi-open world sandbox with lots of shortcuts and alternate routes to learn, but it didn’t even take two hours for me to fully complete and explore this area before I got funneled into the sewers. Doesn’t touch the RCPD in terms of exploration. Not nearly as scary so far either.

I do enjoy the quickened pace and new combat options, but some things are a strict downgrade. Why the hell was dismemberment a thing in 2 but not 3? That was so well implemented before and made the way you approached any zombie encounter much more tactical. Puzzles have not impressed me yet either.

Jill would benefit a lot from the "Leon treatment". There needs to be a game that actually gives her a personality. XD Makes me wish I could switch her and Ada’s VAs so the one with talent can go to the character who would put it to actual use. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Started RE3 remake. I can see why it’s less popular than RE2.

The city streets made for a nice semi-open world sandbox with lots of shortcuts and alternate routes to learn, but it didn’t even take two hours for me to fully complete and explore this area before I got funneled into the sewers. Doesn’t touch the RCPD in terms of puzzles or exploration. Not nearly as scary either so far.

I do enjoy the quickened pace and new combat options, but some things are a strict downgrade. Why the hell was dismemberment a thing in 2 but not 3? That was so well implemented before and made the way you approached any zombie encounter much more tactical. 

Jill would benefit a lot from the "Leon treatment". There needs to be a game that actually gives her a personality. XD Makes me wish I could switch her and Ada’s VAs so the one with talent can go to the character who would put it to actual use. 

The dodge is very fun; the problem I believe was that Zombies got the "swarm" treatment, there's alot more happening, so they toned the dismemberment (which sucks a ton). 

How did you like Nemy? He's a very cool pursuer...till you realize you never get chased by him like the streets section again :( The rest of the game is very linear, but it has some good set pieces. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

How did you like Nemy?

I don’t. Part of why Mr. X was so cool was that half the game was effectively a big hide-and-seek match where he is physically on the map searching for you at all times. It was terrifying and stressful, but also fair.

The Nemesis just straight up teleports. You can run around him, cross a street, and he’ll just appear right in front of you. It’s really lame. And yeah, highly scripted as well.

That said, he is scary and the two times I seriously went toe-to-toe with him in the streets were fun, especially with the environmental traps at my disposal to help put him down. Just wish he was more dynamic in the actual chasing, because that was one of the best parts of RE2.

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t. Part of why Mr. X was so cool was that half the game was effectively a big hide-and-seek match where he is physically on the map searching for you at all times. It was terrifying and stressful, but also fair.

The Nemesis just straight up teleports. You can run around him, cross a street, and he’ll just appear right in front of you. It’s really lame. And yeah, highly scripted as well.

That said, he is scary and the two times I seriously went toe-to-toe with him in the streets were fun, especially with the environmental traps at my disposal to help put him down. Just wish he was more dynamic in the actual chasing, because that was one of the best parts of RE2.

I kinda loved the jump, but I get the complaint XD

SneakyUnitedFennecfox-max-1mb.gif

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I kinda loved the jump, but I get the complaint :(

The guy’s badass, don’t get me wrong. Intimidating design and moves. But I can’t help but think of how much more I’d like his segments if they took a cue from Mr. X and had him actively seek me out in real time.

You never get that fear of "Where is he? Has he heard me? What route should I take to avoid him? Etc." Nemesis is always either absent from the game or has just spawned directly on top of your head. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

The guy’s badass, don’t get me wrong. Intimidating design and moves. But I can’t help but think of how much more I’d like his segments if they took a cue from Mr. X and had him actively seek me out in real time.

You never get that fear of "Where is he? Has he heard me? What route should I take to avoid him? Etc." Nemesis is always either absent from the game or has just spawned directly on top of your head. 

It's especially annoying because in the original game he had that behavior; you even got special loot and awards if you choose to fight and down him when he was chasing you through a level. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's especially annoying because in the original game he had that behavior; you even got special loot and awards if you choose to fight and down him when he was chasing you through a level. 

The loot part is in this game actually. I downed him twice using exploding barrels and he dropped weapon upgrades both times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

One change I like, is I really love the redesigned Gamma's; pretty much giant horrifying salamanders 

I’m guessing I’m really close to meeting them since I got off after reaching the sewer.

I’ll also say this, the game looks amazing. Jill in particular looks as real as any game character I’ve seen without triggering the uncanny valley. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m guessing I’m really close to meeting them since I got off after reaching the sewer.

I’ll also say this, the game looks amazing. Jill in particular looks as real as any game character I’ve seen without triggering the uncanny valley. 

Oh shit sorry for the spoiler