Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

oof that blows for them, but tbh im over batman games now, they already made the perfect one with arkham city. 

I'm more upset it's supposed to be Kevin Conroy's final vocal performance; imagine the last time we hear the iconic Batman voice, it's in a shitty live service destiny clone 

• Sad 2

On 4/10/2023 at 1:53 AM, The Good Doctor said:

You don’t have to be so nice. XD From the scenes I’ve watched, she is an absolute plank of wood. Terrible as Ada, especially when they had a perfectly good VA for the character in the RE2 Remake. 

Based on her whiny soapbox of a post, my guess is the actress couldn’t handle the legitimate criticisms, complained about it, and got on her high horse, and then the trolls started coming out of the woodwork because that’s what they always do to insecure celebrities who try preaching at them. Sucks, but that’s the internet for you. 

She was pretty wooden in The Expanse, too. This is a very spoiler heavy clip but just compare her performance to Shohreh Agdashloo who sparkles in every scene.

On 4/10/2023 at 2:31 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently TESO stole some fan art; understandable from an Indie developer but not Zenimax :rofl:

And to top it all off, it was for fucking microtransaction trash. Talk about insult to injury. 

You guys hear about the dude  who was passing top secret information about the Ukraine war, China and every other thing to his Discord buddies? That kid is about to land in federal ass pounding prison and he's only 21 years old, but I want to know how in hell someone still that wet behind the ears gets top secret clearance?

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

2 hours ago, Celan said:

She was pretty wooden in The Expanse, too. This is a very spoiler heavy clip but just compare her performance to Shohreh Agdashloo who sparkles in every scene.

Not surprising. It’s really bad in RE4. She sounds like she’s just reading lines in monotone without any regard for context or the character’s own personality.

And regarding the Ukraine thing, let this be a lesson, kiddos. Don’t post military secrets on Discord. Whats App is much more secure. 

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not surprising. It’s really bad in RE4. She sounds like she’s just reading lines in monotone without any regard for context or the character’s own personality.

And regarding the Ukraine thing, let this be a lesson, kiddos. Don’t post military secrets on Discord. Whats App is much more secure. 

Oh that makes me really sad tbh.  I hope she's the only character like that. RE4 was a big part of my childhood and i'm waiting for a good sale to get the remake. 

1 hour ago, Celan said:

I dunno what happened to above post. Damn nested spoiler tags.

Here is The Expanse clip.

Hide contents

Would still fuck that old lady <3 

Youngins are disposable I guess would be their thinking, like soldiers. Typically die young.

Easily manipulated, etc. Brainwashed.

Guess they underestimated social media's pull on the youth. Was just talkin to Doc I think it was, or someone else about if the govt bothers to monitor discord or not. Guess that answers that question lol.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is this you being facetious, I can't tell xD Whats App is highly monitored just in case you aren't joking lol

8 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Oh that makes me really sad tbh.  I hope she's the only character like that. RE4 was a big part of my childhood and i'm waiting for a good sale to get the remake. 

From what I’ve heard, she is. It is apparently an excellent remake. 

I was older when I first played RE4, but it is my favorite of the originals. Really fun and well-crafted game. I’m working on getting through the other remakes right now before I make it to 4. 

On 4/10/2023 at 12:54 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

FtUrtYSaQAAMkwc?format=jpg&name=large

So long story short; Lily Gao was chosen to reprise her role from the Return to Racoon City movie for Ada in the Remake. 

I personally didn't think she did a bad job at all; but it isn't an oscar worthy performance by any means. Its a decent fit for the hardened Ada who isn't bothering to be pretend to be the good guy anymore, but she sounds a little like she smokes a pack of cigarettes a day. But there's a ton of vile, racist shit being thrown at her, so the immense overreaction is super uncalled for in my opinion

Anyways, some people, went crazy about this, alongside...a certain something they did with Ashley. 

FsB917AaQAIjUHR?format=jpg&name=large

Games getting review bombed now by bots, and it's pretty unfortunate that the whole shitty discourse is now coming to the series. 

e0f8c0da_o.png.f43c6622fef40045b30d894111f03312.png

Considering the game has a 10/10 on steam reviews, and Capcom just announced the game sold 5 million copies in a couple days, hopefully the ignore the screaming from that crowd XD

For once I agree with balrog lol, is it a bit flat yes but I like stoic voices. 

All that I'm asian boo hoo stuff tho is bogus. I didnt find anything wrong with her va job for RE4 personally. 

Side note I can always tell when a game is using unreal engine now lol, they all look the same nearly. Except Doom <3 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Would still fuck that old lady <3 

Youngins are disposable I guess would be their thinking, like soldiers. Typically die young.

Easily manipulated, etc. Brainwashed.

Guess they underestimated social media's pull on the youth. Was just talkin to Doc I think it was, or someone else about if the govt bothers to monitor discord or not. Guess that answers that question lol.

One of his homies reposted his top secret secrets on a public forum and Minecraft. XD 

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

24 minutes ago, Celan said:

One of his homies reposted his top secret secrets on a public forum and Minecraft. XD 

Woooow literally sold his ass. See cant trust dudes for shit lol. 

I feel like mans did that on purpose, he gonna get stretched wide open.

58 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Side note I can always tell when a game is using unreal engine now lol, they all look the same nearly. Except Doom <3 

Resident Evil doesn’t use the Unreal. Capcom developed their own in-house engine.

Or are you talking about another game? Cause I don’t think the RE remakes look samey to other games at all.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Resident Evil doesn’t use the Unreal. Capcom developed their own in-house engine.

Or are you talking about another game? Cause I don’t think the RE remakes look samey to other games at all.

Nvm was VR only, and some dude recreated the remake on unreal engine. I thought it did personally, couldnt honestly tell the difference from some other unreal engine vids i saw

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

From what I’ve heard, she is. It is apparently an excellent remake. 

I was older when I first played RE4, but it is my favorite of the originals. Really fun and well-crafted game. I’m working on getting through the other remakes right now before I make it to 4. 

Glad to hear. Which remake you on atm? 
RE4 was the game I played as a kid that caused my fear of being chased with no way to stop it being so extreme. Thanks chainsaw dude :sadvaultboy:

Just now, Elden Clown said:

Glad to hear. Which remake you on atm? 
RE4 was the game I played as a kid that caused my fear of being chased with no way to stop it being so extreme. Thanks chainsaw dude :sadvaultboy:

I recently finished a "Claire A" run of RE2 and moved on to "Leon B". But as fun as it is, I’m a little burnt out on this map and am tempted to just skip ahead to RE3 (never played its remake before) so I can finish that and move on to RE4. That is easily the one I’m most excited to play.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I recently finished a "Claire A" run of RE2 and moved on to "Leon B". But as fun as it is, I’m a little burnt out on this map and am tempted to just skip ahead to RE3 (never played its remake before) so I can finish that and move on to RE4. That is easily the one I’m most excited to play.

Noice! I need to finish Claire's run in general. Have fun with RE3 it's short but sweet. That's all I'll say about it. 
Same with RE4 though.

• Thanks 1