Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Cast your votes, comments and concerns for Missouri, the Carolina’s, Georgia, and Tennessee. Me and the wife are looking around for houses in those states for after I get out in 2026

If laws are a factor in your choice, Missouri has the most to offer, being very Constitutionalist, pro gun, legal weed, etc. State reps stand up to Feds on behalf of citizens more than almost anywhere. It also has a lot to see and do in the North and West, particularly if you’re into outdoorsy stuff. Has the best BBQ in the country. Just avoid St. Louis and the Southeast flatlands where I live so you don’t get shot and ate. :P 

East Tennessee around the Smokies is beautiful but expensive. Lots to do. Middle Tennessee has Nashville in driving distance if you want to be near a major city that’s actually not that terrible (easily beats out STL). Great food, great music, and the second or third best BBQ in the country.

Ignoring Georgia because I know little about it. Maybe Czar can give a pitch.

South Carolina used to be great when I went there, but then they closed Hard Rock Theme Park, which was the best thing in the entire state, so fuck em. Good seafood and Myrtle Beach is fun if that’s your thing. Also Colonel is there so that’s pretty cool.

Don’t have good memory of North Carolina. I haven’t been there for more than a few days.

Oh yeah, huge plus for Tennessee, no income tax. So when you get a civilian job, the gov’t won’t rape you for a portion of your paycheck. 

Sales tax is a little higher but it amounts to pennies on any given purchase, and at least it’s all part of consensual transactions instead of them just taking what you earn.

Just now, Centurion said:

Why’s that?

Because I live in the worst part of Missouri outside of St. Louis. Cool people if you can get used to the shady shit, but there’s nothing to see or do, not a lot of jobs or money outside of farming, and it’s on one of the most dangerous earthquake faults in the world that is like twenty years overdue for killing us all like it did our ancestors back when it sank the entire region in 1812.

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Probably the biggest factor is house prices and cost of living, then of course we both want to get back to the south

Missouri is cheap, but apparently Tennessee is even cheaper depending on where you choose to live. I lived in Nashville so I had to pony up. :P 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ignoring Georgia because I know little about it. Maybe Czar can give a pitch.

Forget Georgia.

Mountains are nice, but expensive and there's probably like fifty secret bases and missile silos up there.

Middle Georgia is ass, Atlanta is begging to die in a car accident and southern Georgia is swampland as far as the eye can see. Though this likely is a plus if you're Doc :P

On 4/5/2023 at 3:21 PM, TheCzarsHussar said:

Fucker was working on Frost all this time?!

How would you compare it to Dust?

Last time I played it was alot more open and disjointed. But apparently the new update and modlist added endings you can get. 

DUST is pretty much designed like a puzzle box; you have one objective; Get the fuck out of the Mojava. But there's a bunch of different ways to do so, the obstacles, foes, and areas designed to be a survival horror encounter that tests your skill in combat, resource management, and cunning.  But it still has a survival sandbox that adds a ton of really amazing and immersive interactions; its just 99.9 percent designed to fuck you over. 

FROST maintains most of that, but it leans to a survival simulation. The connects all the subways and turns the underground into a MASSIVE area with tons of interactions and secrets but your mostly there to survive.  (The outside is like this, but because 90 percent of the landmass is irradiated, you view it more of taking trips to get supplies and fucking back to the metro) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Last time I played it was alot more open and disjointed. But apparently the new update and modlist added endings you can get. 

DUST is pretty much designed like a puzzle box; you have one objective; Get the fuck out of the Mojava. But there's a bunch of different ways to do so, the obstacles, foes, and areas designed to be a survival horror encounter that tests your skill in combat, resource management, and cunning.  But it still has a survival sandbox that adds a ton of really amazing and immersive interactions; its just 99.9 percent designed to fuck you over. 

FROST maintains most of that, but it leans to a survival simulation. The connects all the subways and turns the underground into a MASSIVE area with tons of interactions and secrets but your mostly there to survive.  (The outside is like this, but because 90 percent of the landmass is irradiated, you view it more of taking trips to get supplies and fucking back to the metro) 

I dig it. Sounds like the dev wasn't just trying to copy paste. Especially enjoy the idea of a more interconnected underground, wish Fallout 3 had more of that too.

Disney announced three Star Wars films; one of them is going to be a Rey standalone film. 

You know what would be cool; some mushroom shamba/enlightenment film that has her going on this vision-quest through all these spiritual trials that redeem her character to some extent...but it's probably going to be a fan-service laden shitfest XD

Oh and snips show

The Sean-Connery looking Dark Jedi with armor actually looks pretty cool XD Seeing all the Rebels characters in live action was a trip. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Disney announced three Star Wars films; one of them is going to be a Rey standalone film. 

I guess they weren’t embarrassed enough last time. :dntknw:

47 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You know what would be cool; some mushroom shamba/enlightenment film that has her going on this vision-quest through all these spiritual trials that redeem her character to some extent...

What’s to redeem? She’s a flawless Mary Sue who effortlessly saved the galaxy by farting rainbows. Only interesting thing I could think of to do with Rey is make her a villain like they hinted at but never had the balls to do. Still don’t.

As for Ahsoka, I’m so tired of seeing Filoni’s "past their expiration date" OCs on screen at this point. Even the cool-looking villain just does nothing for me because we already know she’s just going to kick his ass anyway.

Everything about that trailer was generic corporate mush. The music, the framing, the "trailer lines". It’s the exact same trailer we’ve seen a thousand times. Look to Andor’s trailers for something made by people who actually seem to care. Thrawn deserves so much better, but then so did Kenobi, Boba Fett, Luke, Han…

Damn this series brings the grouch out of me. XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I guess they weren’t embarrassed enough last time. :dntknw:

What’s to redeem? She’s a flawless Mary Sue who effortlessly saved the galaxy by farting rainbows. Only interesting thing I could think of to do with Rey is make her a villain like they hinted at but never had the balls to do. Still don’t.

As for Ahsoka, I’m so tired of seeing Filoni’s "past their expiration date" OCs on screen at this point. Even the cool-looking villain just does nothing for me because we already know she’s just going to kick his ass anyway.

Everything about that trailer was generic corporate mush. The music, the framing, the "trailer lines". It’s the exact same trailer we’ve seen a thousand times. Look to Andor’s trailers for something made by people who actually seem to care. Thrawn deserves so much better, but then so did Kenobi, Boba Fett, Luke, Han…

Damn this series brings the grouch out of me. XD 

Like it or not, Ahsoka was born from Lucas's brain; it was his decision make her and include her into Clone Wars. XD 

And we've already talked in length about our disagreements when it comes to the Clone Wars; but it's not its fault it became so popular people want to see stuff from it in live action XD Again, like it or not, Ahsoka one of the most popular characters in the franchise at this point; Disney sees a popular character, and then they milk them for bucks. 

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It wasn't Lucas's stamp of approval, he created the character, not Filoni. XD

Once again, the name of whoever invented her has nothing to do with my problems with the character or that crappy trailer. I mentioned Filoni because he spearheaded TCW, wrote the vast majority of her actual content, and is clearly obsessed with her, but I’d never argue that Lucas only makes good things. XD 

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And we've already talked in length about our disagreements when it comes to the Clone Wars; but it's not its fault it became so popular people want to see stuff from it in live action XD Again, like it or not, Ahsoka one of the most popular characters in the franchise at this point; Disney sees a popular character, and then they milk them for bucks. 

Not sure why you’re trying to convince me that she’s popular like that should matter to me. Popular =/= good, especially in the modern Star Wars fan base, which has very low standards.

Disney milking something for bucks definitely doesn’t have anything to do with its quality either. See: Grogu. Hell, they’re even doing it with Rey.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Anyways, it's still probably going to be shit, XD I stopped watching Mando after the last (horrible) episode. 

I heard it was bad. And that there were some embarrassing cameos by Jack Black and some fat rapper lady… XD 

I need to watch Andor soon. Centurion has been trying to get me to. Got one episode left of TLoU and then I may give it a go. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I heard it was bad. And that there were some embarrassing cameos by Jack Black and some fat rapper lady… XD 

I need to watch Andor soon. Centurion has been trying to get me to. Got one episode left of TLoU and then I may give it a go. 

Funny you call her the fat rapper lady, but Jack Black is the picture of health? XD