Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Longstory short LOTR flopped big time; it has about a 37 competition percentage. To give a comparison how abysmal that retention is, Netflix cancelled Resident Evil when that had a fucking 47 XD 1 billion dollars down the drain,. 

And they will always present themselves as having done a better job than they did; so if they come across as somewhat disappointed, you can bet your ass that it was actually really, really bad. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The only problem I have now is that Chris immediately sucks the tension out of ever game he's in cause he's the story-breaking power of the RE-verse XD

The thing I find funniest about it all is that the devs referenced the Chris boulder-punching memes in RE8, which means they’re probably aware of the Redfield bloodline memes too. And that’s amazing to think about. XD 

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What’s that mean for an idiot like me?

When there's a big upcoming piece of new content, wther for a patch or DLC, for steam company's have to update the despot before they announce it (its how you manage the storefront) Its how we knew when a big update was coming for Elden Ring.  So Fallout 4 is getting some kind of new update that's being labelled as "New Vegas 2' internally at Beth. 

• Confused 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

April fools for people paying attention?

I think even Todd is smart enough there only allowed to do that shit on the first XD

Beth mentioned they were planning some big for the upcoming Fallout anniversary; most people assumed it was going to be an Anniversary edition for 4 with a bunch of shitty Creation Club additions. 

If not an April Fools prank, then yeah, at best I reckon it’s just a trolly name they’re using to introduce some update including CC content or some shit like that.

Skyrim CC made them money by leaning heavy on the fandom’s nostalgia for Morrowind and Oblivion, which makes it surprising that it’s taken them this long to do the same with New Vegas (if that is indeed what they’re doing).

I’m guessing they’ll just add some overpriced NCR Ranger armor, a generic-voiced securitron follower, and some other basic surface-level crap like that. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Speaking of which, FROST got a big update recently, more or less finishing the mod, and it released alongside a extensive submod list approved  by the OG creator, games such a fun experience 

Fucker was working on Frost all this time?!

How would you compare it to Dust?

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

I will burn this motherfucker down…. I have 400+ fucking mods all working together nicely

That’s a damn achievement. I’ve worked hard to get even <100 working right and still ended up completely breaking my game. 

I bet you’ll be pissed. Especially if it’s all for the sake of something titled "New Vegas 2" and it’s really just CC nonsense. Talk about adding insult to injury. XD 

16 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s a damn achievement. I’ve worked hard to get even <100 working right and still ended up completely breaking my game. 

I bet you’ll be pissed. Especially if it’s all for the sake of something titled "New Vegas 2" and it’s really just CC nonsense. Talk about adding insult to injury. XD 

It’s gonna be Skyrim AE all over again breaking my shit. I can’t fucking stand it

Fuck:dntknw:

I so fucking miss Oblivion's piecemeal dlc; the super comprehensive additional dungeons and housed packs that included so much detail and were more like full on class adventures that gave a certain playstyle a ton of cool, immersive shit. 

Ya'll ready for a shitty modder made "Shroud hideout" and new decals for power armor XD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

A worthy sacrifice for "New Vegas 2". :P 

Enjoy exploring Boston with That Gun and your NCR Ranger cosplay. 

“New Vegas 2” *eyes rolling into the back of my head*

shitty CC content will be shitty CC content. The only worthwhile CC content for F4 is the military backpack that gets outclassed by the the backpack added by militarized Minutemen, and the brotherhood weapon skins

Fuck:dntknw: