Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Someone told an AI art generator to show warriors of different time periods taking selfies. This Nord selfie made me giggle.

hj9f60entqoa1.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The guy in the middle, at the end of the table, he has two heads. XD 

LOL yes, AI art is not quite there yet. Just like AI putting coherent sentences into Joe Biden's mouth.

• Haha 3

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Bought Witcher 3 on pc a day or two ago, at Doc's (and I believe Colonel too back in the day) suggestion I'm running Deathmarch and damn is this brutal.

First quest I'm on is helping this man find a man's brother in a battlefield. Fighting four ghouls took about four attempts before I finally survived the battle. But it was very satisfying when I did, I'll bet Witcher 3 combat is going to be insanely fun once I master it. At the moment I'm very sloppy :P

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bought Witcher 3 on pc a day or two ago, at Doc's (and I believe Colonel too back in the day) suggestion I'm running Deathmarch and damn is this brutal.

First quest I'm on is helping this man find a man's brother in a battlefield. Fighting four ghouls took about four attempts before I finally survived the battle. But it was very satisfying when I did, I'll bet Witcher 3 combat is going to be insanely fun once I master it. At the moment I'm very sloppy :P

Death March admittedly feels a lot better on NG+ …

… when you can have mutagens (an endgame thing) right at the start. It will give you a lot more power to tailor your build to match the enemies’ insane tankiness or, my personal preference, become a glass cannon who dies quickly but melts them just as fast as they can melt you.

My favorite builds are centered around using alchemy buffs tailored to whatever enemy I’m up against. Relatively weak by default, but can use potions to get insanely powerful for a temporary amount of time. Really nails the feel of playing as a witcher. High risk high reward, because the potions will raise your blood "toxicity" and damage your health over time, but you’ll turn into an absolute beast.

• Like 1

@TheCzarsHussar I’m really curious what you think of the characters and world after you’ve played a bit. I still maintain that TW3 does a better job of capturing the "war torn landscape" feel than any other game I’ve played, and the armies all feel appropriately scaled with Nilfgaard‘s massive war camps, Radovid’s armies occupying cities, and whatnot. Makes the world feel very immersive and real.

Most of the game’s best character content is more on the personal side of things. Specifically Geralt and his friends and family. 

However, on the political side of things, King Radovid is one of my favorite characters. Not as someone I’d ever support, but more as a super well-written villainous character. He is a cruel dictatorial asshole who persecutes mages over a personal grudge. But he is also an absolute badass who toppled the Lodge of Sorceresses and halted Nilfgaard’s advance through sheer strategic brilliance, keeping the kingdoms of the North independent from Imperial rule while also freeing them from the manipulation of mages.

The guy is accidentally and unknowingly preventing an ancient mystical prophesy from coming true through sheer ruthlessness, unpredictability, and strategic competence. Plus, he is a goldmine for hilarious memes.

:GwynSucks::MadRad::GwynSucks:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Resident Evil just officially jumped the shark in the most glorious fucking way

Hide contents

They added a giant fucking Uruk-Hai to the game 

:rofl:

el-gigante-castle_feature.jpg

That’s not RE jumping the shark. Chris Redfield punching boulders into pebbles was jumping the shark. This is just another freaky boss thing. XD 

Chris Avellone's accusers say "never mind"

“Mr. Avellone never sexually abused either of us. We have no knowledge that he has ever sexually abused any women. We have no knowledge that Mr. Avellone has ever misused corporate funds. Anything we have previously said or written about Mr. Avellone to the contrary was not our intent. We wanted to support women in the industry. In so doing, our words have been misinterpreted to suggest specific allegations of misconduct that were neither expressed nor intended. We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry. We believe Mr. Avellone shares a desire to protect and uplift those communities. We believe that he deserves a full return to the industry and support him in those endeavors.”

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Celan said:

Chris Avellone's accusers say "never mind"

“Mr. Avellone never sexually abused either of us. We have no knowledge that he has ever sexually abused any women. We have no knowledge that Mr. Avellone has ever misused corporate funds. Anything we have previously said or written about Mr. Avellone to the contrary was not our intent. We wanted to support women in the industry. In so doing, our words have been misinterpreted to suggest specific allegations of misconduct that were neither expressed nor intended. We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry. We believe Mr. Avellone shares a desire to protect and uplift those communities. We believe that he deserves a full return to the industry and support him in those endeavors.”

As if it wasn’t disgusting enough, these people have the gall to try and moralize and virtue signal about how much they care for others in the same breath that they’re "apologizing" for destroying the life of someone else. 

Worst part is their retraction won’t undo all the damage. They’ve messed with his life forever. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Holy shit got to a certain point in the original that was a QTE (albeit a cool one); its been replaced by a full on fucking boss fight in a knife fight that's straight out of Metal Gear Solid and it's own parry mechanics. The game is crazy! 

Is it Krauser? It’s Krauser, isn’t it? XD 

• Haha 1

If any of you have ever thought about writing professionally, but then doubted yourself and your ability to make it in that scene, I urge you to check out some of the Star Wars novels by Chuck Wendig. These books were commissioned by Disney for a multi-billion dollar IP, yet the writing quality is so utterly garbage that it makes amateur fanfic authors look like GRRM by comparison. 

If this guy can become a published author, then I believe that any literate person can. It’s not even a compliment to say that I have seen far better writing than his from every member of this forum.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

If any of you have ever thought about writing professionally, but then doubted yourself and your ability to make it in that scene, I urge you to check out some of the Star Wars novels by Chuck Wendig. These books were commissioned by Disney for a multi-billion dollar IP, yet the writing quality is so utterly garbage that it makes amateur fanfic authors look like GRRM by comparison. 

If this guy can become a published author, then I believe that any literate person can. It’s not even a compliment to say that I have seen far better writing than his from every member of this forum.

raw

Fun story about that, Chuck wrote the Aftermath (A...Civil War aftermath :rofl:)  trilogy; a horrible group of books that layed the entire foundation for the shitty post Episode 6 era, and we are still feeling its effect in every expanded Universe project and some of the shit from the movies, so Chuck Wendig is partially responsible for you know what 

I heard he got fired from Disney (thankfully) when some of his super unhinged "I wanna kill Star Wars fans" came to light, so cancel culture saved the day for once XD

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

raw

Fun story about that, Chuck wrote the Aftermath (A...Civil War aftermath :rofl:)  trilogy; a horrible group of books that layed the entire foundation for the shitty post Episode 6 era, and we are still feeling its effect in every expanded Universe project and some of the shit from the movies, so Chuck Wendig is partially responsible for you know what 

I heard he got fired from Disney (thankfully) when some of his super unhinged "I wanna kill Star Wars fans" came to light, so cancel culture saved the day for once XD

"Only an author of evil, Darth."

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fun story about that, Chuck wrote the Aftermath (A...Civil War aftermath :rofl:)  trilogy;

I didn’t know he was so notorious. XD Yeah, those are the books I was referring to. Out of sheer curiosity, I read the first few pages of the first Aftermath book and man, it was bad. The prose was terrible and extremely on-the-nose. 

But I was just criticizing his writing. I didn’t know he was also unhinged. :rofl: 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I didn’t know he was so notorious. XD Yeah, those are the books I was referring to. Out of sheer curiosity, I read the first few pages of the first Aftermath book and man, it was bad. The prose was terrible and extremely on-the-nose. 

But I was just criticizing his writing. I didn’t know he was also unhinged. :rofl: 

Chuck-Wendig3.png

DpVVoURU4AAqLwN.jpg

3vmkdNj.jpeg

wendig-1.jpg

wendig-2.jpg

tweets030815.png?resize=525,424&ssl=1

The dude is one of the most hated authors in the sci fi sphere; i'm suprised you never knew about him XD

• Haha 3