Soulsborne Thread #11

Lmao I almost fucked myself out of a bunch of content and progressed too far lol XD killed Maliketh the Black Blade with Guts’ sword using lions whatever weapon ash and a frost trait.

radahns swords were not… cutting it ;) in that fight. Oh and added the poise breaker thing to my potion mix, absolutely fucked that boss.

fuck that fire giant bitch btw. Second phase blew.

Maliketh was tough as fuck at first tho. Good fight.

There’s a whole swathe of the ice giant map I haven’t unlocked yet to the west and north but I have no idea how to get there

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Maliketh was tough as fuck at first tho. Good fight.

There’s a whole swathe of the ice giant map I haven’t unlocked yet to the west and north but I have no idea how to get there

Maliketh is one of my favorite fights in the game. Maybe even #1. Such a cool and mechanically well-designed boss fight.

Have you killed Commander Niall, yet? In the fort at the northern part of Mountaintop of the Giants?

Kill him, loot the medallion, and take it back to the great lift that brought you to the Mountaintops from the Forbidden Lands. You can use it instead of the one you used before and it’ll take you down to a secret bottom level, which leads to another region.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maliketh is one of my favorite fights in the game. Maybe even #1. Such a cool and mechanically well-designed boss fight.

Have you killed Commander Niall, yet? In the fort at the northern part of Mountaintop of the Giants?

Kill him, loot the medallion, and take it back to the great lift that brought you to the Mountaintops from the Forbidden Lands. You can use it instead of the one you used before and it’ll take you down to a secret bottom level, which leads to another region.

See I thought that too cause I read the medallion and couldn’t get it to work, and yea I have both halves

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

See I thought that too cause I read the medallion and couldn’t get it to work, and yea I have both halves

You go to the spot where you used the other medallion, and the normal prompt appears. Instead of clicking it, you scroll left or right to a secondary prompt and click that one instead. 

It’s the Haligtree medallion of that helps.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That talisman did dick against Maliketh tho 

rykard would have gotten hoed

It’s actually amazing, but only works against the attacks where his sword changes colors and is imbued with Death.

The window for using it is also extremely narrow, so unless you’re very skilled at parrying, it is pretty damn damn  difficult to use. Insanely satisfying when you do, though.

I like to imagine Rykard would’ve gone after Maliketh differently, since at that point he may not have known that Rykard was his enemy yet. And this would’ve just been his last resort if it came to a fight.

No way pre-serpent Rykard could take Maliketh fairly, though. The Black Blade is one of the deadliest and most feared beings in the Lands Between. He was designed and equipped to slay a god (not a demigod) if she got out of line. Like a crazy OP version of Blaidd. 

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Will try again soon. I am positive I fucked all sorts of quests btw lmao, I did a terrible job at that XD

Happens. :lol: 

You finished Fia’s, Ranni’s, and Nepheli Loux’s, so that’s good.

Definitely ruined the one with D and missed out on some good content with him and Fia, as well as an awesome greatsword, but then, you did choose to kill him on sight just for his armor. XD  

I bet you’re doing fine on Millicent’s, which is probably the one most worthwhile to complete. Did you give her a new arm in Altus?

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Happens. :lol: 

You finished Fia’s, Ranni’s, and Nepheli Loux’s, so that’s good.

Definitely ruined the one with D and missed out on some good content with him and Fia, as well as an awesome greatsword, but then, you did choose to kill him on sight just for his armor. XD  

I bet you’re doing fine on Millicent’s, which is probably the one most worthwhile to complete. Did you give her a new arm in Altus?

i totally missed her lmao

is she tied to malenia? 

32 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

i totally missed her lmao

is she tied to malenia? 

Yes. You’ve met her before. She’s the one you saved in that church who was dying from Scarlet Rot. If you never gave her the prosthetic arm, she should still be hanging out near the Erdtree Gazing Hill in Altus. 

After that, you can find her at the boss fight site of grace in the Windmill Village after you beat the Godskin Apostle. You might have missed this one.

Then she goes to the Mountaintop of the Giants and hangs near the second site of grace you find in that area.

After you spoke to her at the MotG, she moves to the Haligtree for the final arc of her quest. Which is a little ways ahead of you, still. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Chadahn fears no furry. They were on the same team. 

I think the implication Malekith was step-mom's, "if you betray the golden order you get uncle Malkekith", and everyone was afraid of him as a result of him being able to perma-killed them. Ranni and Rykard built an entire contingency around him coming for them XD

Yea I dunno they said Big Dick Radahn was THE strongest of the Demigods so I'm inclined to believe that. I only just heard of this dude lol and lol yeh, it was a tough as fuck fight with a crazy hard to deal with mechanic but Radahn they gave infinite optional summons and he changed the motherfucking night sky xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think the implication Malekith was step-mom's, "if you betray the golden order you get uncle Malkekith", and everyone was afraid of him as a result of him being able to perma-killed them. Ranni and Rykard built an entire contingency around him coming for them XD

True, but there WAS a contingency.

There is no contingency for Radahn xD 

• Haha 1

That Orochimaru could box with the likes of Maliketh with a counter to his hax ability to me puts him below Chadahn. Chadahn they were just like fuck it dude zerg him until he dies, and that was many years after he already lost his feet and mind to scarlot rot

Maliketh was just Maliketh lol

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea I dunno they said Big Dick Radahn was THE strongest of the Demigods so I'm inclined to believe that. I only just heard of this dude lol and lol yeh, it was a tough as fuck fight with a crazy hard to deal with mechanic but Radahn they gave infinite optional summons and he changed the motherfucking night sky xD

Mally isn't a Demigod, he's Marika's half-brother, and the holder of Destined Death, I always considered him being higher on the pantheon so to speak 

He killed the Gloom-Eyed Queen a super powered Empyrean