Soulsborne Thread #11

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also interesting to see how different pre-rot Radahn looks from his siblings... before one got eaten and the other was a little too into dolls.

Maybe his prolonged conquest of the stars had that effect on him, or mastery of gravity magic? What do yall think? @BigBossBalrog @The Good Doctor @Elden Clown @ColonelKillaBee

Capture.JPG

I think it's his Great Rune corrupting his appearance. That or he's been engaging in Dragon Communion (silted eye looks very indicative) and there's a chapel right by his stronghold. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think it's his Great Rune corrupting his appearance. That or he's been engaging in Dragon Communion (silted eye looks very indicative) and there's a chapel right by his stronghold. 

It's probably my resolution making his eyes look slit, because they're round pupils in the trailer.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's probably my resolution making his eyes look slit, because they're round pupils in the trailer.

Definitely round. Don’t think there is much evidence of Radahn worshipping dragons or taking communion. More likely he just allowed their church in his country after it got absorbed into the Golden Order. 

Oh and the new Cathedral of the Deep is absolutely terrifying. Some of the shit in here...

The premise of this world is that Aldritch is still inhabiting the Cathedral so it's all kinds of pure nightmare fuel right now. Darkly beautiful though. 

DarkSoulsIII2024-03-1520-16-49.thumb.png.5d8cc9dd588bdc4f1443fc8aa4a60fd1.png

DarkSoulsIII2024-03-1520-18-18.thumb.png.2639d9a9c3e183a096b8d77d0931d2cb.png

DarkSoulsIII2024-03-1520-19-13.thumb.png.a59d34c3ec22fc212239c0e62b4026e0.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrogYooo holy shit the pus of man corrupted lothric knight with Godfrey's movement is insanely fun to fight! Got to phase 2 before running out of resources and homeward boning out.

Way more balanced than the bloodborne reskin XD

Too bad he turns into Tree Spirit XD (but its cool to see the original idea used). The Pus Beast was actually really easy for me. But I had alot of fire shit. 

• Like 1

Too bad he turns into Tree Spirit XD (but its cool to see the original idea used). The Pus Beast was actually really easy for me. But I had alot of fire shit. 

Naw I loved every moment of it. I didn't (want to use my limited fire resources) so phase 2 didn't have terrible lot of damage. But I'm so used to fighting those things from my sl1 run that it was a breeze.

Got it second try, Lothric Godfrey is what slapped all my estus away the first try :rofl:

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

How'd you fair with the Gertrude angelic gank? Took me about four tries due to them teleporting and being glued to each other.

Took me two. The changes to the C Knight threw me off but once I adjusted they were pretty easy. Cool fight. Love how they share a boss bar. 

42 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They did it. They actually did it.

Reveal hidden contents

Made an awesome pre-Gywndallion Aldritch fight.

That was a... Fight. Almost said fun one. Took me two tries but had to play as if fighting Rom which sucked the fun out.

Hit and run

Hit and run

Hit and run 

39 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So I was getting furiously salty about fighting the corrupted monk reskin but uh, turns out it's the hardest area in the game that I'm tackling a hundred levels underleved with a plus 3 :rofl:

I warned you XD 

• Haha 1

I warned you XD 

I did go through all of war torn and cathedral first. I just didn't know what the third area was meant to be. I unfortunately just happened to pick the HARDEST.

But I finally clapped the one eyed witch cheeks. Took insane parrying, patience and learning literally all of her moves. Which wasn't that terribly hard since it's Gundyr and corrupted monk, two bosses I love fighting 

With all the complaints about Archthrones horrible balancing, it got me thinking. Which enemy in ds3 vanilla do you think is the most annoying to fight?

For me it's easily the Lothric Knights with spear and greatshield. They have blatant input reading and will almost always either raise their shield or shield bash you when you try and kick. Plus those lightning fast shield pokes. All other variants are so well balanced but that too

7 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

With all the complaints about Archthrones horrible balancing, it got me thinking. Which enemy in ds3 vanilla do you think is the most annoying to fight?

For me it's easily the Lothric Knights with spear and greatshield. They have blatant input reading and will almost always either raise their shield or shield bash you when you try and kick. Plus those lightning fast shield pokes. All other variants are so well balanced but that too

Eh, I think it's a little over-exaggerated. It's overturned for sure, but the way people are whining are acting like the devs killed their favorite pet XD They just posted this too. Ultimately I think weird balance being the biggest issue is a good thing because A, it's a demo. And B, it's an easy problem to fix. 

09648a0d_o.thumb.png.ca85e9a9eb34281dbb1ea439f7a15814.png

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Midir. Because he takes ten hours to kill. 

Midir is an end-game boss for a post-launch DLC XD