Soulsborne Thread #11

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

THERE ADDING ODACHI's (Japanese Greatswords). Another weapon type is a duelist shield, reverse sword grip shortblades, and "throwing knives" that turn all your basic attacks into range. 

There's probably another type that's a fighting stance

It sounds like the DLC area might be accessible by touching Miquella’s arm, which would mean that Mohg is the gatekeeper for even getting to play the thing.

Assuming that’s right, they’re designing this DLC for people who have beaten Mohg, meaning they’ve basically got no reason to hold back on the difficulty whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

It sounds like the DLC area might be accessible by touching Miquella’s arm, which would mean that Mohg is the gatekeeper for even getting to play the thing.

Assuming that’s right, they’re designing this DLC for people who have beaten Mohg, meaning they’ve basically got no reason to hold back on the difficulty whatsoever.XD

In the IGN interview, Miyazaki said outright there would be several "Malenia" level challenges and that there scaling it for experienced end game players 

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In the IGN interview, Miyazaki said outright there would be several "Malenia" level challenges and that there scaling it for experienced end game players 

Joke’s on me, I am in the top 1% of players in terms of experience but would probably lose to Godrick right now. XD 

• Haha 2

I look forward to pulling my main and first ER character out of the grave for this one. Downloading ER right now even though we got plenty of time just to get back into it. The hype is real and I can't wait to try the new weapons and hoping as well for new magic types.

• Like 1

Just now, Elden Clown said:

I look forward to pulling my main and first ER character out of the grave for this one.

Same here. Got one save, my first ever, who I got 100% on the entire map with, killed Radagon, and then retired before choosing an ending, with plans to take him into the DLC. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Same here. Got one save, my first ever, who I got 100% on the entire map with, killed Radagon, and then retired before choosing an ending, with plans to take him into the DLC. 

What ending would you choose?

Really flavorful detail

4d467a6b046003ca754b508f036d4d98d383edbd

According to Miyazaki, the lion/omen/crucible thing is a cultural remnant of pre-Golden Order civilizations. What it's based on is a traditional Chinese festival lion-dragon (You can even see omens using it like a puppet from below) 

giphy.gif

That's some crazy/cool fantasy shit XD

• Like 2