Soulsborne Thread #11

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

...barring for the fact they worked for the regime that ended up replacing them and scorning them once their Liege Lord left XD (Their like mini-Morgott's) 

I’m not bothered by that since the regime they served was technically just the OG elden lord.

edit: viking’d lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Tbh it’s very similar to Gwyn and his silver knights, and even his black ring knights somewhat, but especially the silver ones

I think it's intentional, Godfrey and Marika are kind of composites of Gywn.

Though I'd argue Godfrey take on him is the "I am Gywn as he should have been", remaining a honorable and noble warrior in contrast to Gywn's paranoid wreck of a man. 

Not sure how much Id say Godfrey or anyone is representing of Gwyn, Im sure they took inspiration somewhat from souls, but I think thats all it is really. 

Like those fucking beasts in ds3, the pontiff beasts, obviously inspired from bloodborne

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

I know this is more of a reccuring example taken from mythology buttttt- 

"There is a warrior-king. He gathers his allies and wages a genocidal war against the primeval rulers of the world, and replaces them with a new dynasty of Gods.

I think there the same archetype, but with alot of changes. 

Godfrey is easily the most balanced main boss tho imo, the most fair fight in the game probably xD Not too easy not too hard, feels right for the end game. Goldilocks boss.

Maliketh felt that way too almost. They just need to increase his health and lol lower that crazy damage in second phase some and he'd be just right as well, however im ok with him as is too. Second fairest fight in the game imo.

Radahn 3rd since yea he's op depending when you fight him but lol they give you all the cheese options in the world. Up to you how you wanna tackle him

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Maliketh felt that way too almost. They just need to increase his health and lol lower that crazy damage in second phase some and he'd be just right as well, however im ok with him as is too. Second fairest fight in the game imo.

Heck, I’d be fine with keeping Maliketh’s health the same if half of it wasn’t spent on his mediocre phase 1. 

If it was all, or like 80% phase 2, then that fight would easily be my favorite in ER. It embodies the kind of skill based "fair but difficult" that you want from an endgame boss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Heck, I’d be fine with keeping Maliketh’s health the same if half of it wasn’t spent on his mediocre phase 1. 

If it was all, or like 80% phase 2, then that fight would easily be my favorite in ER. It embodies the kind of skill based "fair but difficult" that you want from an endgame boss.

Gurranq revealing himself is pretty awesome though XD

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

How is it more fun if they nerfed the best part of the fight?

The smoothness of the combos, and incorporation of Waterfowl into regular moves. That's actually pretty cool looking.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Not to mention if it's Garden of Eyes, it's probably plagiarized XD

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s actually a really good sign considering most of the industry has been plagued with layoffs lately. 

Post-pandemic bubble mixed with a general kind of slump in the tech industry. Mostly on the western side when it comes to the game industry XD Quite a few were probably those weird "we don't actually do anything HR" positions.  

They reported a big upturn in there older games when Elden Ring released (alongside it's own insane sales); so there probably ranking in a ton.

• Like 1