Soulsborne Thread #11

On 12/29/2022 at 12:20 AM, The Good Doctor said:

Who are some characters you would pair up to fight each other across games? Sounds like Isshin vs Malenia would be a good one.

A few times start us off:

Reveal hidden contents

Ornstein and Smough vs the Godskin Duo

Radahn vs Nameless King

Gideon Ofnir vs Micolash

Abyss Watchers vs Shadows of Yharnam

Yhorm vs Rykard

Bloody Crow vs Fia's Simp Squad

Maliketh vs Gael

Radagon vs Soul of Cinder

Morgott vs Twin Princes

Godrick vs One Reborn

Patches battle royale

I wanna see the Orphan of Kos show that pussy Elden Beast what a true eldritch being looks like.

Oh and Malenia vs Maria tho im pretty sure Malenia would win since she's like Maria on steroids so.... hmm. She's like Maria and Sister Friede in one person. Mmmm.

Malenia vs Sister Friede and Mariah 2v1

Cause tbh the bosses in Elden Ring are on an entirely different level than previous fromsoft games.

Like Mohg or Morgott, they alone shit on everything in dark souls 3.... his fights in the very beginning and is on par with the fucking aspect of the lords of cinder. Nameless king is easy compared to them imo. Nameless king would be an average boss in elden ring lol.

They would have to scale him up some, and have him be a giant dude on an elden ring dragon like the dragon knight guys slinging those op lightning spells atop a fucking dragon instead of a horse AND make that dragon like the partisnacks guy lol three headed and everything and time skipping.

THEN he would be worthy of his name in elden ring. Or lol at least a regular dragon with lightning powers xD 

So. I wanna see the Nameless King scaled up vs like Radahn or something.

Aldrich would get shat on by Rykard.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But dont you need the elden ring to kick off anything? The elden ring would be in space lol, for all we know that means the erdtree would dip too

I don’t think there’s any suggestion that the tree itself would or could dip. It’s very much connected to the Lands Between both metaphysically and literally, regardless of the present gods or natural order imposed by the Ring. Removing it altogether would make Ranni’s ending go from "questionable and risky" to "outright apocalyptic".

Frenzied Flame might need the Elden Ring to use the tree to destroy all life. That is not yet confirmed. But we know it can spread like a plague in some capacity all on its own. And worse, we have that seen curses can spread and infect the world using the tree roots without using the Elden Ring. It’s just seen as "unnatural" when this happens. So my worry would be that the Flame could do the same when there’s nobody around to resist it.

Point is, Ranni’s ending is just too loaded with loose ends and unknowns for me. I highly doubt the edgy blue redditor has thought things through enough to even account for these possibilities, considering she didn’t even account for how her plastic ass was gonna accomplish anything past falling into a well.

To be fair thats also the point of her ending, but that doesnt take from the point of it being too edgy lol. It can indeed lead to disaster but for some that chance is worth it to be masters of your own destiny.

I can sympathize but its also very arrogant, selfish, nihilistic and boring. Atheist drivel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I wanna see the Orphan of Kos show that pussy Elden Beast what a true eldritch being looks like.

That’s just bullying. :rofl: 

Orphan all the way.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Like Mohg or Morgott, they alone shit on everything in dark souls 3.... his fights in the very beginning and is on par with the fucking aspect of the lords of cinder. Nameless king is easy compared to them imo.

Compared to Morgott? Really? 

Damn dude, for me it’s not even close. Bloodlord version of Mohg is up on Nameless King levels, but Morgott ain’t touching either of them, imo.

Agreed that ER bosses are generally harder. But I still definitely wouldn’t put NK as an average one among them.  

As for the frenzied flame it’s possible that you just needed the elden ring out of play, not necessarily needed it to burn the tree. Hence you don’t get a prompt it just burns

Tho I’d argue it does and that the elden rings power is what kindles the frenzied flame and it burns way more than just the tree.

Otherwise you wouldn’t need the frenzied flame and the giants flame from the forge would have been enough

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s just bullying. :rofl: 

Orphan all the way.

Compared to Morgott? Really? 

Damn dude, for me it’s not even close. Bloodlord version of Mohg is up on Nameless King levels, but Morgott ain’t touching either of them, imo.

Agreed that ER bosses are generally harder. But I still definitely wouldn’t put NK as an average one among them.  

Bro morgott I think would pack the nameless king up real tidy. He was way easier sure but still a tougher fight than nameless king imo. Lorewise it might be different, though morgott is also the head of the court that all the other demigods sat at.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for the frenzied flame it’s possible that you just needed the elden ring out of play, not necessarily needed it to burn the tree. Hence you don’t get a prompt it just burns

Tho I’d argue it does and that the elden rings power is what kindles the frenzied flame and it burns way more than just the tree.

Otherwise you wouldn’t need the frenzied flame and the giants flame from the forge would have been enough

Possibly. Again, too much of an unknown for me to risk it.

But even discounting the possibility of the FF using the Elden Ring to end all life, I do know that the FF can spread on a smaller scale independently of the Elden Ring, and that the tree roots can be used to amplify the spreading of curses independent of the Ring as well. Both of these things have been going on and getting worse and worse in the time leading up to the game’s beginning, to the point of threatening entire civilizations.

Without any Elden Lord or surviving powers to combat this, there’s no reason to believe at all that these things won’t continue to worsen. Maybe they won’t destroy the world with hax like in the FF Ending, but they could still prove quite disastrous in their own right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Possibly. Again, too much of an unknown for me to risk it.

But even discounting the possibility of the FF using the Elden Ring to end all life, I do know that the FF can spread on a smaller scale independently of the Elden Ring, and that the tree roots can be used to amplify the spreading of curses independent of the Ring as well. Both of these things have been going on and getting worse and worse in the time leading up to the game’s beginning, to the point of threatening entire civilizations.

Without any Elden Lord or surviving powers to combat this, there’s no reason to believe at all that these things won’t continue to worsen. Maybe they won’t destroy the world with hax like in the FF Ending, but they could still prove quite disastrous in their own right. 

Fair enough, agreed

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bro morgott I think would pack the nameless king up real tidy. He was way easier sure but still a tougher fight than nameless king imo. Lorewise it might be different, though morgott is also the head of the court that all the other demigods sat at.

I dunno. Did you even struggle much with Morgott when you fought him? I remember NK being a nightmare for you the first go-round, and can still remember in my head that elation in your voice when you beat him. :lol: Was downright wholesome how relatable it was. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I dunno. Did you even struggle much with Morgott when you fought him? I remember NK being a nightmare for you the first go-round, and can still remember in my head that elation in your voice when you beat him. :lol: Was downright wholesome how relatable it was. XD 

:rofl: this is true but to be fair I bet that morgott would’ve been a nightmare for me back then too

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Morgott is very much a balrog character btw XD 

I’ll be honest, he’s a Doc character too. Probably my favorite after or even alongside Radahn. XD 

I’m a sucker for the hardcore "duty-to-the-end" types. And the cynical verbal smackdowns. He’s like the Stannis of the Lands Between. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Put it this way, if all the bosses in dark souls three except maybe Yorm came toe to toe with Morgott in Stormveil Castle, I bet he’d put all their ambitions to rest lol

Nameless on his Stormdrake would fuck shit up.

I honestly think the talk of atheisms is a little unfounded. This world isn't operating on the Christian cosmology.  Atheisms, as in denying the existence of God's. Ranni's denial of them doesn't come across as that; it reminds me of the ancient Greek ideal that God's are fickle, selfish beings who don't have mortals best interests which is why we shouldn't trust them. (It's calling the kettle black) 

The influence of Norse Mythology cannot be understated, and with how the divine drops like flies it's similar to the Aesir/Vanir tend to die alot more then other deities. "Killing God" in the context of Elden Ring is no different from how Malekith splattered the Gloomeyed Queen; your founding a new age by supplanted in the old (In all endings.) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll be honest, he’s a Doc character too. Probably my favorite after or even alongside Radahn. XD 

I’m a sucker for the hardcore "duty-to-the-end" types. And the cynical verbal smackdowns. He’s like the Stannis of the Lands Between. 

Lol he is, though the self loathing reminds me of Lorgar for sure and also his duty to a cause when he is unloved and yet being the most loyal of said cause, that’s very Lorgar and balrog 

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Currently using my dual longswords again since everything else on a faith build is too op lol, but those fucked him and everything else up too on a fresh new game ngl

It’s weird, but I feel like Elden Ring is the hardest From game after Sekiro, but once you git gud, it becomes the easiest pretty handily. To the point where the once-scary stuff can be handled pretty casually.

Besides Malenia. She has never been just straight up easy for me on any playthrough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nameless on his Stormdrake would fuck shit up.

I honestly think the talk of atheisms is a little unfounded. This world isn't operating on the Christian cosmology.  Atheisms, as in denying the existence of God's. Ranni's denial of them doesn't come across as that; it reminds me of the ancient Greek ideal that God's are fickle, selfish beings who don't have mortals best interests which is why we shouldn't trust them. (It's calling the kettle black) 

The influence of Norse Mythology cannot be understated, and with how the divine drops like flies it's similar to the Aesir/Vanir tend to die alot more then other deities. "Killing God" in the context of Elden Ring is no different from how Malekith splattered the Gloomeyed Queen; your founding a new age by supplanted in the old (In all endings.) 

This is true, admittedly. I get that through the lense of elden ring.

However I’m mostly talking about the fan base who do look at this game through whatever irl lense they are raised on. However even if I did look at it through elden rings lense alone, she herself in making the decision she does is being as fickle as the gods and order she judged. It’s not truly atheistic at all but it appeals to them due to the selfishness they both share in their ideology. They’re ironically very religious in how they try to spread and force their way of thinking on others. In overthrowing the greater will, which people were mostly happy with before the shattering, she’s doing the same thing they are.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This world isn't operating on the Christian cosmology. 

No, but it does come closer to this than any other From titles, and pretty blatantly draws some inspirations from it that make Colonel’s comparison applicable.

She’s not really an "atheist", but her misgivings against the world’s systems are rooted in similar "woe-is-me" notions of life being hard for some people (namely herself) and therefore the "god" who imposes this system must be bad. That’s why so many surface-level atheists on the internet find her ending so resonant to them, it’s a power trip against a dominant religion, complete with an anime girlfriend to simp over. :P 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s weird, but I feel like Elden Ring is the hardest From game after Sekiro, but once you git gud, it becomes the easiest pretty handily. To the point where the once-scary stuff can be handled pretty casually.

Besides Malenia. She has never been just straight up easy for me on any playthrough. 

It’s a very easy game to cheese basically, once you shake the souls mindset, everything becomes much easier. Except Malenia lol

In fact I find Ranni’s outlook 1. More honest than atheism and 2. worse than nihilism.

Because she is looking at the world, sees that it has meaning and that there are gods with a plan for said world and everyone in it, and deciding that she will be rid of it all and make all, meaningless.

It’s not much better than the frenzy ending at all tbh. Only marginally.

• Like 1