Soulsborne Thread #11

I’ve joked about my race plenty and others as well so I get that y’all have gotten comfortable doing so over the years. I don’t care about that usually. Sometimes however it gets heavy handed. 

I don’t wanna hear about it every time I show a part of my culture or what makes me, me, it was a joke rap and yes I know it’s bad lol and I know this was a joke too but it goes too far sometimes.

Im guilty of it too tho and for one it’s also my fault for saying nigga this and nigga that so much around y’all. From here on I’ll try not to do that to avoid confusion and to not be hypocritical. 

Not turning into a liberal snowflake, just don’t wanna give people the wrong idea. I do not like my skin color being joked about or my personal appearance in general. Never have.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Took a while to decide, but I think default might actually be my favorite. Shod all these heathen maidens and their secretive agendas. Shod "healing" the land. Gimme my throne and piss off.

I considered that as well. You dont need to be in it for the world, can be in it just to be the champ and live the life.

However, I do like the idea of working with/for Melina and her being the Gloam Eyed Queen, her daughter, or aspect, or both, and us being her deliverance of destined death to the empyreans who defy death and the natural order before the outer greater will came into play.

Especially because theyre so arrogant and made me suffer lol. So I could pay everyone back by giving them destined death, still being the elden lord, and ridding the world of its stagnancy by bringing back death.

• Like 1

And after watching a video about the endings I changed my mind cause they had to make it about "killing god" and all that atheist bullshit of independence and science lmfao so yea definitely not feeling it.

That said its a small comparison, the idea is basically independence of the greater will. But then that leaves just us, which is fine except I come back to that "imagine" song and that stupid shit lol so nvm done rambling fuck Ranni.

I also realized I fucked up and didnt have to summon her, and just clicked on the first thing with an indicator. So I can do all her quests, other side quests, minus the three fingers and frenzy and decide whatever ending I want, correct?

Can literally sidestep that hoe's summoning sign 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I considered that as well. You dont need to be in it for the world, can be in it just to be the champ and live the life.

However, I do like the idea of working with/for Melina and her being the Gloam Eyed Queen, her daughter, or aspect, or both, and us being her deliverance of destined death to the empyreans who defy death and the natural order before the outer greater will came into play.

Especially because theyre so arrogant and made me suffer lol. So I could pay everyone back by giving them destined death, still being the elden lord, and ridding the world of its stagnancy by bringing back death.

This almost reminds me of the Lord of Londor ending too which was my fav

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As I understand it, you deliver destined death in every ending. That is unleashed on the world when you kill Maliketh. It’s necessary for you to access the inside of the tree.

What the Dusk ending is said to do, very vaguely, is somehow benefit Those Who Live in Death, by restructuring the natural Order of the world to include them. At least that’s the pitch Fia makes to us. That, and potentially make way for Godwyn to some day return. He’s my main hangup on that ending; too much of an unknown quantity, and I know Fia really supports him, not me.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

come back to that "imagine" song and that stupid shit lol so nvm done rambling fuck Ranni.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Same. 

Her ending also doesn’t account for the Frenzied Flame, presumably because Ranni doesn’t know about them. Without an Elden Lord or any semblance of Order (be it current but with a lord, Golden, or Dusk), what’s gonna be there to stop the next bozo who stumbles through the sewers from stumbling into the Three Fingers and going on to burn the world?

I see Ranni as a shortsighted edgelord.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So I can do all her quests, other side quests, minus the three fingers and frenzy and decide whatever ending I want, correct?

Correct.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That was indeed my main focus, but for a less selfish motive, even in this ending, we do still repair the Elden Ring, albeit without any extra modifications. And we do take over the Lands Between, offering some semblance of stability for the first time since the Shattering.

So the world should still become better than it is right now, just not in any revolutionary, "rewriting of the universal code" sort of way. 

For me, it’s kind of a "perfection is the enemy of good" scenario, where I can see how the Golden, Dusk, and possibly even (but probably not) Ranni’s endings could be better, but they also introduce lots of mystery and unknowable variables that could backfire. Maybe I just have trust issues. XD 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

As I understand it, you deliver destined death in every ending. That is unleashed on the world when you kill Maliketh. It’s necessary for you to access the inside of the tree.

What the Dusk ending is said to do, very vaguely, is somehow benefit Those Who Live in Death, by restructuring the natural Order of the world to include them. At least that’s the pitch Fia makes to us. That, and potentially make way for Godwyn to some day return. He’s my main hangup on that ending; too much of an unknown quantity, and I know Fia really supports him, not me.

Nah its said that destined death is only granted if you apply the rune that chick gives to you, to the elden ring after he is reborn and she lays with him. Then everyone is "living in death" or mortal, and dies naturally as they did before the erdtree was there.

You killing maliketh opens that possibility and its needed for that to happen.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Same. 

Her ending also doesn’t account for the Frenzied Flame, presumably because Ranni doesn’t know about them. Without an Elden Lord or any semblance of Order (be it current but with a lord, Golden, or Dusk), what’s gonna be there to stop the next bozo who stumbles through the sewers from stumbling into the Three Fingers and going on to burn the world?

I see Ranni as a shortsighted edgelord.

Correct.

Well there were two separate barriers protecting that from happening, from both omen fell brothers, before lol we killed them. She could do the same if she knew of it but even if someone did that, theyd have to go to the erdtree and kill the elden lord. But you will be with her in space and solitude for 1000 years.

That part of it I did like and it sounded romantic, but now that I have seen the ending and heard all the dialogue I get why the atheists like it so I hate it lol, plus its very ironic. Its not saying no gods exist. Its just having them fuck off so atheists can pretend they dont exist.

Perfect irony and the hell they deserve

The only thing I am undecided on is, I believe Melina and Ranni are two sides of what was once the same being, separated after ranni was killed using the death rune, one being close to the original, Melina being a new being entirely, I.E. The gloam eyed queen, whose purpose was to guide you to the erdtree and burn the barrier and get you inside. From there ranni sacrifices her other half as intended to use as kindling, however I dont believe that this means ranni and melina are exactly of the same goal entirely. And melina is the one I like and want to help, not Ranni.

Ranni we know what she wants, sort of. Melina is happy so long as you dont destroy everything. However because I believe that she is destined death and she even makes a comment about wanting to deal indiscriminate death to fix the state of the world, much like Thanos, this is why I believe that the dusk era is the era she would like most. And if you look at her fighting style and what she's using, she was likely there to help kill Godwyn, and she also had the death rune prior to maliketh defeating her/the gloam eyed queen.

Why are Melina and Ranni the same but different, well I think its because the half of ranni that took the death rune was also the death rune proper. Same as how Radagon/Marika are the elden ring and is argued that so too are their children. For instance Godrick the Grafteds rune I believe is the base of all the runes right.

And he grafts himself to become stronger.... think about that. The base rune literally grafts the other runes to it to complete it, and Godrick like all the others encompass their respective runes. Even Malenia is just like her rune which is corrupted with rot because she is corrupted with rot by the scorpion god reborn.

So tldr Ranni and Melina are two sides of what was once the same coin but are now separate beings with their own desires even though Melina does serve her original purpose still, guiding you to the erdtree, or whatever other worthy tarnished she came across that was favored by fate. If you consider that and what Radahn does, it also makes sense that she wants the stars freed. Perhaps thats also the true reason Malenia fought him but who can say.

Come to think of it, I like the idea of Ranni and Melina being the same being a lot because of who they also mirror, Queen Marika and Radagon.

Marika and Radagon are the same being, either by a fusion process or separation, I dont know really. But clearly one is protecting the elden ring, Radagon, and the golden order, and Marika probably not.

Melina refers to a mother in the tree, which could be a few things but is probably Marika/the death rune and elden ring itself.

If Ranni and Melina split from a whole, it explains why there's a fucking doll she half possesses with four arms. Its a reference of course to that human diagram for one, for two its the husk that is left of the body they both once occupied, and is why ranni is split with the eye they both share a tattoo mark of. And why its on different sides of their face.

And another reason why it has four arms. Its four arms for two people and yet its lesser than two people. Definitely some good old fashioned Fromsoftware irony.

Oh my bad, and the doll connection to radagon and Marika is the husk like appearance they took at the end when occupied by the elden ring (which btw to me is a yellow sign reference lol)

Speaking of, the Not A Mask? thing fits this too with her/their being a doll and their bodies being ceramic or brittle stone like appendages, whatever. And yet thats truly who they are and what their body composition was/is. Fromsoft does love their dualities.

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

She could do the same if she knew of it but even if someone did that, theyd have to go to the erdtree and kill the elden lord. But you will be with her in space and solitude for 1000 years.

That’s my point. Like them or not, everyone who guarded it is dead and the only possible replacements pissed off to the void. XD So at this time, basically everything is wide open for the taking. 

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Its not saying no gods exist. Its just having them fuck off so atheists can pretend they dont exist.

Perfect irony and the hell they deserve

All while completely ignorant to the part they play in keeping a far worse entity at bay. 

45 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nah its said that destined death is only granted if you apply the rune that chick gives to you, to the elden ring after he is reborn and she lays with him. Then everyone is "living in death" or mortal, and dies naturally as they did before the erdtree was there.

You’re right. Misremembered it as us releasing it when we remove it from Maliketh. But that’s just for use against the Erdtree. 

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s my point. Like them or not, everyone who guarded it is dead and the only possible replacements pissed off to the void. XD So at this time, basically everything is wide open for the taking. 

All while completely ignorant to the part they play in keeping a far worse entity at bay. 

But dont you need the elden ring to kick off anything? The elden ring would be in space lol, for all we know that means the erdtree would dip too