Soulsborne Thread #11

Funny, with most games, I’m really stoked to see the concept art because it shows how the designs started and changed over time, and in many cases it’s even kinda sad because old concepts are so much cooler than final products.

This art, though? It’s just the same thing that’s in the game. XD It’s impressive that they realized their designs so perfectly, but at the same time I’m not as into looking at the art because it doesn’t reveal anything new or different. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Funny, with most games, I’m really stoked to see the concept art because it shows how the designs started and changed over time, and in many cases it’s even kinda sad because old concepts are so much cooler than final products.

This art, though? It’s just the same thing that’s in the game. XD It’s impressive that they realized their designs so perfectly, but at the same time I’m not really as into looking at the art because it’s not really revealing anything new or different. 

That's fair; what's funny is the Dark Souls 1 design works came with a whole section with unused design...that was pretty much recycled wholesale for Artorias of the Abyss (it was the first glimpse of him too); so the art book was an early preview XD Nothing like that in here though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's fair; what's funny is the Dark Souls 1 design works came with a whole section with unused design...that was pretty much recycled wholesale for Artorias of the Abyss (it was the first glimpse of him too); so the art book was an early preview XD Nothing like that in here though. 

What about the cut characters? Are there any concept art of them?

BTW: the new Armored Core is filled with Dune references; got a huge kick out of it. 

The whole plot is about a mystical substance that is being fought over by every faction in the galaxy, used as both a substance for high tech R & D, as well as a recreational drug; Coral (And it's way more then what initially appears).

There's the RLF, a rebel group centered on the ruins of Rubicon; that' treats the coral with religious reverence and is almost a warrior-cult....and this is there logo XD (It's shameless but still pretty cool)

hqdefault.jpg.125eb0cbe6e23167bf5f761fb0046302.jpg'

There's alot more. Without spoiling anything...they even have the other super iconic element covered. (That I won't talk about) 

• Like 1

Since Archthrones demo is (supposedly) for sure coming out this month, I've been browsing their twitter since it's where all the concepts and teasers are.

Fn_GrGkWIAEECoT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I generally like the mixture of Tree Sentinel and Lothric Knight armor here, but my one complaint is that I think the model would look way cooler if he had the hollow faces of the Lothric Knights. Maybe there's a lore reason otherwise.

14 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Since Archthrones demo is (supposedly) for sure coming out this month, I've been browsing their twitter since it's where all the concepts and teasers are.

Fn_GrGkWIAEECoT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I generally like the mixture of Tree Sentinel and Lothric Knight armor here, but my one complaint is that I think the model would look way cooler if he had the hollow faces of the Lothric Knights. Maybe there's a lore reason otherwise.

The Lothric Civil War section is taking place during the cusp of the battle, so I assume they aren't Hollowed. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Lothric Civil War section is taking place during the cusp of the battle, so I assume they aren't Hollowed. 

Lothric and Lorian aren't elderly, and the civil war couldn't have taken place before Lothric was born, as his linking of the fire was a huge element of it, with the Angelic Faction (either protecting him, or keeping him prisoner) to avoid the linking. So as far as timelines go I always assumed it concluded at most a few years ago. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...