Soulsborne Thread #11

Replaying BB right now; and decided to finally do an Arcane Build (the last one I did was before the DLC released XD

Just wanted to gush how understated, mundane, but fucking creepy and well-done this little moment is XD

Shows a masterful understanding of horror; which makes me want a full on survival horror game done by them 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beat me Arcane playthrough a couple days ago; considering the fact Orphan for the first time, took my thirty minutes instead of two hours goes to show how fucking brokenly OP you become by the end 

My opinion that magic is gutted in BB is the same, but I know it gets busted at a certain point XD I think it's a design flaw for Arcane players though; you pretty much spend most of the game as and invalid with a SINGLE weapon (the Tonitrus) and a ranged weapon (the flamethrower) if you want decent damage for a pure arcane build for the early and mid game...and once you get you become an unstoppable  eldritch mageslayer :rofl:

Seriously; the combination of replacing the gun with the Augur for Tentacle parries and augmenting your damage with Blacksky Orb is some of the funnest shit ever. 

I still think there should have been an early game Hunting Tool; I know how lore accurate it is for Eldritch magic to be locked till you get to the end game, but i'm sure they could have found a workaround. 

Oh and it made me a Tonitrus believer; it fucking melts EVERYTHING, and I was solely relied on it's transformed form for arcane scaling. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'd be more worried for the big....N-phent in the room

What is that?

I think a Castlevania-like animated Souls series could work. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they change the story pretty significantly and make a party of protagonists instead of a single loner. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

What is that?

I think a Castlevania-like animated Souls series could work. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they change the story pretty significantly and make a party of protagonists instead of a single loner. 

NETFLIX XD

Unless they do a prequel thing; could center it around the Four Knights of Gywn. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Imagine if they made it as enemies XD

Turns out, beyond Demon Soul's swamp woman, who is unintentionally thematically related to the later ones. Just a playtester who invaded a dev in the swamp with the butcher knife and a bag on her head.

One of the best known invader themes, the naked cannibal lady, started off as a goddamn playtester :rofl:

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Imagine if they made it as enemies XD

Turns out, beyond Demon Soul's swamp woman, who is unintentionally thematically related to the later ones. Just a playtester who invaded a dev in the swamp with the butcher knife and a bag on her head.

One of the best known invader themes, the naked cannibal lady, started off as a goddamn playtester :rofl:

Dark Souls development was filled with goofy stories like this; the art book has a bunch of them XD

Miyazaki wanted Gywnever to be very lithe and "fairy-like"...but the concept artist (who was horny as fuck) had other ideas, and his look of pride when he submitted the design made it so he couldn't find it in his heart to say no 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Dark Souls development was filled with goofy stories like this; the art book has a bunch of them XD

Miyazaki wanted Gywnever to be very lithe and "fairy-like"...but the concept artist (who was horny as fuck) had other ideas, and his look of pride when he submitted the design made it so he couldn't find it in his heart to say no 

The artist also surely scribbled in the corner: Large chest ahead, try holding in both hands.

• Haha 1

Good news and bad news;

The future press FROM colab guide books just released and it's super high quality and filled with alot of stuff that clarifies Lore bits.

Bad news; The Interview with the big M was short and pretty disappointing and had only a single new thing...

Good news: That single thing said (the context was them wanting to save the true meaning of the Roundtable Hold till "later games") was that there''s going to be more "Elden Ring games" XD

• Like 1