Soulsborne Thread #11

Looking back into the Nightfall mod. It's just not doing it for me, solely because of how ANIMU the player is.

Dark Souls 1 combat is weighty, with only the DWGR changing that up. Seeing weapons attack faster than ds3 and the player teleporting around instantly as rolls doesn't do it for me.

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I mean...

What the fuck XD

Funny story; that wasn't made for Nightfall; it was for a mod called Rekindled. Rekindled went under; and the lead mod of that jointed the Nightfall team, and let them use everything they created. 

I think they were calling that mob an "Eclipse Knight". 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hmmm, I wonder why. Surely not because enemies like that belong in a gay ass code vein game instead of dark souls :rofl:

You say that; but the lead modder for Rekindled actually has a Souls credit unlike yourself; they were a modeler on Demon's Souls Remake XD

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You say that; but the lead modder for Rekindled actually has a Souls credit unlike yourself; they were a modeler on Demon's Souls Remake XD

They kept him the hell away from animations. And you say that as if I'm not already not at all a fan of the Remake's visuals XD

Amazing graphics, not so amazing art style.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's his most disliked video too XD 

Did you watch it? I was telling Czar, I like most of what I’ve seen from that channel, but that video was full of blatant cherry picking and really disingenuous or downright bad examples. Felt like he had it out for the game for no good reason.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Did you watch it? I was telling Czar, I like most of what I’ve seen from that channel, but that video was full of blatant cherry picking and really disingenuous or downright bad examples. Felt like he had it out for the game for no good reason.

Some people pointed out he clearly lowered the volume of the sound effects himself and he got extremely defensive XD

He was probably one of the creeps mad you canr peak up Ashley's skirt anymore. 

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He was probably one of the creeps made you can peak up Ashley's skirt anymore. 

More likely he spent three hours getting S rank on all the shooting gallery challenges only for the token machine to award nothing but crappy ammo crafting charms. XD 

• Haha 1

I love how every next game released by Fromsoft becomes the thing all the idiot journos compare everything to. XD 

"Hollowknight is the Dark Souls of platformers"

"Apex Legends is the Bloodborne of battle royales"

"Armored Core is the Elden Ring of Fromsoft games that aren’t Elden Ring because Elden Ring is the Dark Souls of the Skyrim-like Elden Souls Dark Lord of Ring: Gollum"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I love how every next game released by Fromsoft becomes the thing all the idiot journos compare everything to. XD 

"Hollowknight is the Dark Souls of platformers"

"Apex Legends is the Bloodborne of battle royales"

"Armored Core is the Elden Ring of Fromsoft games that aren’t Elden Ring because Elden Ring is the Dark Souls of the Skyrim-like Elden Souls Dark Lord of Ring: Gollum"

I think they were calling Crash Fucking Bandicoot "The Dark Souls of Remakes" it's getting ridiculous XD 

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 1:42 AM, TheCzarsHussar said:

Looking back into the Nightfall mod. It's just not doing it for me, solely because of how ANIMU the player is.

Dark Souls 1 combat is weighty, with only the DWGR changing that up. Seeing weapons attack faster than ds3 and the player teleporting around instantly as rolls doesn't do it for me.

It's not trying to be Dark Souls 1; it's a fan made sequel. 

If you don't like, it don't play it  XD The modders said the combat rhythm of 1 is no longer what people want; and going by Sekiro and Elden Ring, Fromsoft agrees. 

9 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

New Tarnished Archeologist video. Dealing with the Divine Towers, insane cataclysms and the ancient giants.

I don’t think I’ve even seen the last ten. haha That is a great YouTube channel, but I’ve kinda been out of Elden Ring for a while now. I think when the big DLC drops, I’ll dive back into it and probably binge a bunch of these videos back-to-back.

I’ve actually been really into cRPGs lately. The news of Avowed got me back into Pillars of Eternity, and I’ve dabbled in some of the Baldur’s Gate games as well; mainly just making characters and coming up with RPs.

Plus, gotta get back into RE4 and finish that. I also recently booted back up New Vegas (as is tradition 4-5 times per year :P) and got neck deep in Honest Hearts so I could hear Joshua Graham’s epic voice on my new sound system. You can feel the gravel. XD 

• Like 1