Soulsborne Thread #11

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It was weird to see Souls become mainstream; so imagine how fucking strange it is for fans of a Niche Mech game that's never sold more then 200,000 copies seeing this in movie theatres XD

Despite Armored Core 4 being one of the oldest games of my 360 library (I think it came with the Xbox lmao), I forgot about the series existence until From announced 6.

Never got into 4, I tried a number of times but lil Czar just never meshed with it.

N4zxrC8hcFxeJe8hNRlLuuO-aGPiZU_0VYLbza6J

Elden Ring was just confirmed to be getting "Medium to Long term" additionally development to increase profits; short term I think the DLC is going to be super meaty, and we may get more then one; long-term they might have started work on a sequel. 

Got 500,000 additional sales since the last update in February. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

N4zxrC8hcFxeJe8hNRlLuuO-aGPiZU_0VYLbza6J

Elden Ring was just confirmed to be getting "Medium to Long term" additionally development to increase profits; short term I think the DLC is going to be super meaty, and we may get more then one; long-term they might have started work on a sequel. 

Got 500,000 additional sales since the last update in February. 

That’s great news! I am more than happy to keep exploring new stories in the Lands Between. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s great news! I am more than happy to keep exploring new stories in the Lands Between. 

Striking when the iron is hot I guess XD I'd be worried this means less short-term projects, but Armored Core is enough evidence to commit there committed to still do there non "blockbuster" stuff. 

I guess you'd pretty much be scrabbling to maintain something that's netting half a million copies every couple of months a year and a half in 

Honestly, more Elden Ring is pretty much the thing I would want most from them anyway at this point. Dark Souls is finished, Demon Souls and Bloodborne were sort of one-shots that don’t need sequels, and I’m not really all that into Armored Core. Unless they’ve got another original series in the works, or a really creative new idea for a Bloodborne sequel, this is the news I’m most happy to hear. 

On 5/11/2023 at 1:57 PM, The Good Doctor said:

Honestly, more Elden Ring is pretty much the thing I would want most from them anyway at this point. Dark Souls is finished, Demon Souls and Bloodborne were sort of one-shots that don’t need sequels, and I’m not really all that into Armored Core. Unless they’ve got another original series in the works, or a really creative new idea for a Bloodborne sequel, this is the news I’m most happy to hear. 

Fromsoft has a bout a hundred other IP's that could get reboots or sequel; i'd like a new Kingsfield (first person dungeon crawler) with the love and attention they give there new games XD

Or Kuon, which was Resident Evil in Feudal Japan. 

When it comes to the other Soulsborne games, I also don't mind them retiring them in favor of Elden Ring. ER world has alot of room to expand in the way the others couldn't. 

There's pretty much NOTHING they can do for Dark Souls, with how it ended at the literal end of the world XD

I was getting into the grove of DsR pvp again, made an SL80 build, 36 str 18 dex with 70 poise and med rolls.

I was having a blast and unless someone tried running away and chugging, I rarely went for backstabs. Instead doing r2s if I got behind people.

Everyone I fought even returned the favor and actually didn't obsess with backstabs. But eventually I ran out of people to invade, except for your classic cooky cutter poise stacking hornet ring great club backstabber.

I looked at his profile after three invasions (to block him XD) and this dude legit themed his entire playstation account around his dark souls remastered backstab build. Talk about trying to farm hatemail lmao

You think there's any correlation to Ds1's Kiln of the First Flame and Ds3's end of the world Gael arena?

They both have the same never ending ashen desert, and Anor Londo is visible in the far distance in ds3. Since there's serious time fuckery happening in dark souls 1, I almost wonder if they happen at the same point in time. It'd be a total fucking paradox however.

Another thought. If the dlcs of Ds2 are cannon, then the Bearer of the Curse is a true immortal. After combining the crowns the player can never hollow again.

Wouldn't that mean that character is still around by Ds3? Keep in mind this also means that Gael somehow took out our old character and his shard of the Dark Soul.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Wouldn't that mean that character is still around by Ds3? Keep in mind this also means that Gael somehow took out our old character and his shard of the Dark Soul.

That, or he rekindled the Flame and became part of the Soul of Cinder that gets taken out.