Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Moving on from dragons, are there any characters who y’all would like to see again who appeared in previous lore or games?

Divayth Fyr or one of his Daughter wives.

Delphine, but only as a head on a spike

Galmar acting as an ambassador for like one quest or something

Ralof

Morgiah of Firsthold (Barenziahs daughter and the queen of firsthold as of Daggerfall, being a dark elf she has the life span for it)

Malacath taking on a main role like Hircine, Azura, Sheogorath (I’m tired of Sheogorath), and Herma mora. Because hopefully tes 6 is high rock and hammerfell

• Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

21 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Morgiah of Firsthold (Barenziahs daughter and the queen of firsthold as of Daggerfall, being a dark elf she has the life span for it)

I doubt the Thalmor would’ve let her remain in Firsthold. Would be cool if she ended up like Barenziah and Helseth did after losing the fight for Wayrest. A powerful noble who lost her home and crown, but managed to return to High Rock and restore some measure of power for herself there.

25 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Malacath taking on a main role like Hircine, Azura, Sheogorath (I’m tired of Sheogorath), and Herma mora. Because hopefully tes 6 is high rock and hammerfell

I’m pretty tired of Sheogorath too. Really wouldn’t mind it if he skipped this game entirely. Would be cool if they did the Morrowind thing and only focused on Princes who have a place in the native cultures. If virtually nobody in High Rock or Hammerfell cares about Vaermina, or Mehrunes Dagon, then there’s no need for them to have statues or cults there.

Malacath and Peryite would both be good choices for taking on the big role, since neither have gotten much attention in the past but both seem really prominent in the West.

I think it would be best if most daedric stuff was relegated to High Rock, and of that, most of it is in the Western Reach.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Any characters you’d like to see return?

Endar Drenim ;)

I'd also love if the Nerevarine returned from Akavir but stayed in Morrowind. Have it be a huge thing spoken of, like how his expedition was massive news during Oblivion.... that was only spoken of once in a throwaway line XD

Imagine if there was even an allusion that he was returning to battle the champion of Herma Mora. Cough Dragonborn Cough

All my other choices have been mentioned.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

And if it's in High Rock, let us have a really cool depiction of the river tribes. None of that generic shit, give me crazy nomad mounted shaman-wizards.

Nope the massacred my boy so they might as well massacre high rock as well, at least with high rock I’d have fun in generic Europe land

• Sad 2

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Imagine if there was even an allusion that he was returning to battle the champion of Herma Mora.

Literally the most epic duel of all Tamrielic history and it is happens off-screen via rumor. :rofl: 

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Endar Drenim ;)

If I ever got a job at Bethesda, I’d quietly work to canonize elements of our RP behind the scenes.

Doubt I could get away with big stuff like who rules what nation, but I’d definitely slip in some characters in places that would make sense for them to be. Stuff like:

-A berserker named Ubbe the Savage who is part of a Stormcloak/Nordic reaver crew.

-A Roscrean druid who preaches about Jhunal.

-Endar Drenim willing to pay you some money for bringing him rare items to use in his experiments.

-Rumors about a huge werewolf in Valenwood, bandits burning Riften, royals getting sick in High Rock, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Nope the massacred my boy so they might as well massacre high rock as well, at least with high rock I’d have fun in generic Europe land

High Rock has room for both. They could do the whole Arthurian thing, with all the classical knights and castles and such being the urban element, with the more weird and wild stuff (druids, fairies, weird tribes and shamans, etc) being the less tamed wilderness.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Even when they failed there job (there one fucking job ) in Oblivion people seemed to like the Blades still.

The only time they didn't fail horribly is Morrowind

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Literally the most epic duel of all Tamrielic history and it is happens off-screen via rumor. :rofl: 

I'd like to imagine they each have the most broken builds of their respective game. With the dragonborn using a 5+ million damage wooden sword while the Nerevarine is a walking god of enchantments, custom spells and is max level.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"Delphine's head on a pike" 

Isn't it sad after two games of likeable dudes like Jauffre, Cyrus (the other XD), and Caius two old farts completley tanked the blades reputation so fully most people hate their guts XD

Baurus was pretty trash. His team removed Uriel from a perfectly safe district, surrounded by Legionnaires, and led him into a dark, unvetted murder dungeon to get killed. XD 

Caius Cosades was great, though.

Tbh, I think Delphine and Esbern are better characters than most other Blades we’ve seen. Delphine has an annoying attitude, but I like that they are actually competent and even pull off some wins without player intervention.

I also kind of funny how we had an exact conversation in Soulsborne general about how excited we were to see the team explore some of the Lands mentioned but not seen in ER like Kaiden and the Badlands. But when we have the discussion about Beth properties we're like "How the fuck are they going to ruin it?" XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

With the dragonborn using a 5+ million damage wooden sword while the Nerevarine is a walking god of enchantments, custom spells and is max level.

If exploits can be used, then infinite-shout Dovahkiin (which is lore friendly anyway) should wreck. I love the Nerevarine and he’s far and away the better protagonist, but there’s no beating the ridiculousness of unlimited thu’um. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

If exploits can be used, then infinite-shout Dovahkiin (which is lore friendly anyway) should wreck. I love the Nerevarine and he’s far and away the better protagonist, but there’s no beating the ridiculousness of unlimited thu’um. XD 

Imagine the Dragonborn thinking he's got this in the bag, only to get ragdolled by a god tier reflect spell.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Imagine how dark of a game it'd be if there was a succession crisis before the Oblivion Crisis.

It's really grim how things were alluded with Caius. That his family would be murdered if he didn't return, possibly to his own death.

Even disregarding all the jungle and Cyrodiilic culture stuff that got mixed, Morrowind passed Oblivion an easy layup for its story. Uriel’s sickness, the doppelgängers and succession crisis, the riots in the city, it was all there and ready to be used. Damn shame Oblivion dropped that ball so hard.

Would’ve also been cool if Caius filled Jauffrey’s role in the story. But not as a weird celibate monk.