Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably still in alpha. No way they’d release it like that.

I imagine that this game is coming about six years later than it needed to for people to still be excited for it. 

For a game that's been in development for like six years, alpha is pretty pathetic state XD Dreadwolf was announced even before Elden Ring. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That game has had an extremely troubled development. Forget alpha, I’m surprised it’s even happening at all. 

It's was called Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem XD I honestly think if Bioware fucks this up (which I think is likely at this point) EA might add another body too the pile 

Any of y’all hoping that TES6 gives us more than four armor pieces again?

I’d love Morrowind style where left and right gauntlets and pauldrons are all their own separate pieces, plus the options for clothing underneath and robes on top. But even if it was just giving us legs and pauldrons as their own things again, I’d be rather pleased. More than one ring would also be nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Any of y’all hoping that TES6 gives us more than four armor pieces again?

I’d love Morrowind style where left and right gauntlets and pauldrons are all their own separate pieces, plus the options for clothing underneath and robes on top. But even if it was just giving us legs and pauldrons as their own things again, I’d be rather pleased. More than one ring would also be nice.

I know Bethesda will NEVER do it, but I think the least we can expect now that...other games have it, is that every weapon type has a unique attack animation. It's so fucking boring (and unforgivable LAZY) for there to be literally three movesets. 

• Like 1

I think the excuse of "Bethesda can find the time" and "no extra money" and "mods will add them" to be so blood curdling these days. Bethesda lies on a giant pile of money, and is now bankrolled by Microsoft who has an even bigger pile of money, with thousands of employees at there fingertips.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Have them bring back directional attacks or based on movement. That was pretty cool have three options of attack for every weapon in Daggerfall and Morrowind.

They’d have to make it worth using, though. I love the concept, but in Morrowind every single weapon just had an objectively best attack and there was never any reason to use the other two. Made it feel a little pointless.

Would be cool if armor and enemy types had strengths and weaknesses against certain attack types.

Like a longsword might do more baseline damage when you "chop" than when you "slash", but maybe enemies with a thick skull such as bears or trolls are more resilient to chop attacks and so the slash does more damage to them.

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I know Bethesda will NEVER do it, but I think the least we can expect now that...other games have it, is that every weapon type has a unique attack animation. It's so fucking boring (and unforgivable LAZY) for there to be literally three movesets. 

Maybe not every weapon, but definitely weapon types. I don’t think it’s much to ask for axes, swords, and maces to all be wielded differently.

TLoU ep 4 was solid, but after ep 2 it has felt a bit predictable. They still are killing it with the scenery, especially the striking panorama shots. Joel warming up to Ellie also nice to see.

They introduced your expected armed gang that try to attack Joel and Ellie, who are now hiding out from them.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

18 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe not every weapon, but definitely weapon types. I don’t think it’s much to ask for axes, swords, and maces to all be wielded differently.

I want Bethesda to bring back pole arms, spears, and throwing weapons also. Like think about how bad ass it would’ve been to be roleplaying a legionary in Skyrim and you open up with a tossed pillum before closing in with you sword and shield on a stormcloak patrol

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

I want Bethesda to bring back pole arms, spears, and throwing weapons also. Like think about how bad ass it would’ve been to be roleplaying a legionary in Skyrim and you open up with a tossed pillum before closing in with you sword and shield on a stormcloak patrol

Long as my Stormcloak can answer by throwing an axe. XD But yeah, I agree. It’s crazy how many commonplace weapon types have just been deleted from this series. Hopefully they all make a comeback. 

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Adding to this, maybe have more fluid or viable unarmed combat. There's no need to go full Kung Fu but warrior monks have been a class in Elder Scrolls since at least Morrowind.

Let us throw hands dammit.

Out of every "Bethesda" game, the only one to even attempt something like this wasn’t even a true Bethesda game. It was New Vegas. XD Unarmed had leg sweeps, superman punches, and even pocket sand!

I have no idea why Bethesda has been so averse to using or expanding on ideas from that game. Seems like a no-brainer in this case.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Out of every "Bethesda" game, the only one to even attempt something like this wasn’t even a true Bethesda game. It was New Vegas. XD Unarmed had leg sweeps, superman punches, and even pocket sand!

I have no idea why Bethesda has been so averse to using or expanding on ideas from that game. Seems like a no-brainer in this case.

Despite New Vegas having those extra attacks, I think Oblivion had the most fun Monk playstyle. Especially when mixing in touch destruction magic

17 hours ago, Celan said:

TLoU ep 4 was solid, but after ep 2 it has felt a bit predictable. They still are killing it with the scenery, especially the striking panorama shots. Joel warming up to Ellie also nice to see.

Hide contents

They introduced your expected armed gang that try to attack Joel and Ellie, who are now hiding out from them.

I also just found out that it takes place in Kansas City. Which interests me because that is where our Fallout RP is set. I might end up watching this episode just to see how similar their post-apocalyptic KC looks to our own.

Odd change, because this stuff happens in Pittsburg in the game. I bet it’s got to do with availability of locations for filming.

14 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Despite New Vegas having those extra attacks, I think Oblivion had the most fun Monk playstyle. Especially when mixing in touch destruction magic

I never could get into it in Oblivion. Everything was so floaty. In general, I think that game has the weakest combat of any TES or Fallout game.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I never could get into it in Oblivion. Everything was so floaty. In general, I think that game has the weakest combat of any TES or Fallout game.

No arguments there. It's saving grace was not getting staggered from hitting blocks, you'd still have the bounce off/parry animation but without getting rooted to the spot.

So you could jump backwards or strafe in light/no armor

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Long as my Stormcloak can answer by throwing an axe. XD But yeah, I agree. It’s crazy how many commonplace weapon types have just been deleted from this series. Hopefully they all make a comeback. 

Like if spears and spear combat where a think you could have stormcloak levy’s with spears and polearms to keep the legion back a bit and so one like the legion would have their ranged pilum (with the degradation system back in) so they throw them and break shields then go to close in with their swords and shields, then you have the Stormcloaks with spears and halberds and shit so they’d focus more on keeping the legionary’s back to they can’t use their sword and board technics effectively. It would give the two sides different strengths and weakness

Fuck:dntknw: