Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

12 minutes ago, Celan said:

Hide contents

A good thing in the game is that they showed very clearly how willing citizens who were just trying to do the right thing (a la COVID lockdown, for instance) were carted off and shot in mass graves because there wasn't enough room in the DZs.

Surprised HBO would have the stones to portray that right now. I mean, it is fitting for the universe. Pretty sure that kind of shit was said to have happened in the game as well. But these last few years, following "guidelines" without question has been something that every corporation has tried to hammer home the importance of.

Curious if HBO even realizes what message they’re sending or if it’s just strictly a matter of adapting the source material for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Surprised HBO would have the stones to portray that right now. I mean, it is fitting for the universe. Pretty sure that kind of shit was said to have happened in the game as well. But these last few years, following "guidelines" without question has been something that every corporation has tried to hammer home the importance of.

Curious if HBO even realizes what message they’re sending or if it’s just strictly a matter of adapting the source material for them. 

They should adapt Dead Space and piss of the Church of scientology XD

• Haha 1

Ellie and Joel definitely have that kind of interaction in the show, but yeah, Bill never knows of Ellie's existence in the show.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Apparently it’s not yet been confirmed whether Amazon bought the rights to the full Tomb Raider IP or if they just got the rights to make TV/movies. But the amount they reportedly paid suggests that they got it all. :( 

Worse still, it’s being said that they got Phoebe Waller Bridge to make the next movie, so I’m sure it’ll be crap. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Apparently it’s not yet been confirmed whether Amazon bought the rights to the full Tomb Raider IP or if they just got the rights to make TV/movies. But the amount they reportedly paid suggests that they got it all. :( 

Worse still, it’s being said that they got Phoebe Waller Bridge to make the next movie, so I’m sure it’ll be crap. 

It also shows how FUCKING retard Square is cause they sold the IP's as a package for the pittance of three hundred million, wheras Nordic sold Tomb Raider by itself for twice the amount. What the fuck were they thinking?

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It also shows how FUCKING retard Square is cause they sold the IP's as a package for the pittance of three hundred million, wheras Nordic sold Tomb Raider by itself for twice the amount. What the fuck were they thinking?

That’s what I was saying! Anyone could’ve bought TR at the price they threw it out for! Idiots didn’t even know what they had.

Granted, Amazon overpays for everything. But still, I bet Square are hurting right now seeing what the buyers turned around and sold it for. 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Because that’s what everyone wanted. The long awaited sequel to a party-based RPG that has no party control and plays like a hack-and-slash. ¬¬

Apparently it's "destiny-like" too XD Fucking EA.

If I want a character action game i'll play DMC or GOW. I don't think of Dragon Age.