Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

18 minutes ago, Celan said:

I watched ep2 of TLoU and...

Reveal hidden contents

holy fucking shit... this is good.

I thought I was immune to being creeped out by zombie movies, but cordyceps did it. Plus just the gorgeous lost-world scenery and the characters are really good. I'm officially hooked.

Not surprised the scenery is good. While it’s not exactly unique in concept, the overgrown "green ruins" of the games are so well realized that they make for one of my favorite looking post apocalypses ever. 

Cordyceps is indeed very cool. I still wish it had the spores, but at least they’ve apparently done a good job with what they decided to use.

The characters need to be great. In the game, they are far and away the thing that carried what was otherwise a very basic story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Mora themed expansion coming to TESO, and Eastern Morrowind and Apocrypha are the new areas.    

So the rumors were correct. Can’t say I care much for more Mora at this point. He’s had enough spotlight. But Telvanni content is just about one of the only things that might be enough to actually get me back into ESO at this point. Maybe. Probably not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hey, @BigBossBalrog you know things.

Did something happen with the upcoming STALKER game? It used to be on the "coming soon" section of the Xbox marketplace but it isn’t anymore, and I haven’t heard anything about it in a long time. They pull the plug or something?

No it's coming soon, there was a major delay. Here's a recent trailer. 

Alot of the Devs signed up with army (there Ukrainians). Three of them have died so far. 

• Sad 3

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Most of the Metro lads are Ukraine too a couple days ago they made a post saying they couldn't make a new Metro game for awhile due to so many of them fighting the Russians, so they released super powerful modding tool for Exodus so fans could make there own.

Exodus felt like the end anyway. I honestly thought it was over. 

Dead Space is fucking awesome. 

The entire game's loading screens have been removed and now the Ishmuri is pretty much a Metroidvania interconnected spaceship.

I've already seen a ton of tweaks, like there was a segment where I had the choice between turning off the lights in a area or removing access to the elevators (forcing me to take the stairs) XD

There's a Left 4 Dead esque AI director who places jumpcares, controls ammo flow, and spawns enemies from vents during downtime to make sure the player is always on the edge XD

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Dead Space is fucking awesome. 

The entire game's loading screens have been removed and now the Ishmuri is pretty much a Metroidvania interconnected spaceship.

I've already seen a ton of tweaks, like there was a segment where I had the choice between turning off the lights in a area or removing access to the elevators (forcing me to take the stairs) XD

There's a Left 4 Dead esque AI director who places jumpcares, controls ammo flow, and spawns enemies from vents during downtime to make sure the player is always on the edge XD

Sounds awesome, would you recommend the remake over the original since I never beat it?