Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Was one of my favorite shows way back in the day, but I just find this silly. XD Show looks like it was just made to farm rage.

It's hard to fathom this show was made in good faith. But it's so sour and awful that I don't think it's self aware, I believe the writers are legitimately terrible people :rofl:

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It definitely wasn’t. I don’t think it was even made to appeal to anybody, just trigger them into talking about it. That chick who’s making it is extremely vain. 

I heard Indian people are even getting tired of her being the only one allowed by Hollywood to represent there culture XD

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I heard Indian people are even getting tired of her being the only one allowed by Hollywood to represent there culture XD

I would be too if that’s how my culture was being represented. XD Not that India needs Hollywood’s bullshit. Their movie industry is thriving.

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hollywood makes a remake; *Cricket* *Cricket* 

Capcom does it: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GO! 

Capcom remakes their own games. They care about what came before and try to respect it, because it’s theirs.

Hollywood remakes other people’s works. It’s all vanity projects where they think they can do better than the original creators by changing it in their own image.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Capcom remakes their own games. They care about what came before and try to respect it, because it’s theirs.

Hollywood remakes other people’s works. It’s all vanity projects where they think they can do better than the original creators by changing it in their own image.

The death of private studio's in the movie industry really sucked the life out of everything. But for movie examples, barring rare examples like the Thing, I can't really think of a time when people even were excited about movie remakes at all XD

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Celan @BigBossBalrog

Did either of y’all end up watching TLoU? I heard the first episode wasn’t bad. At least as its own thing.

I have no hope for it once it reaches the material from TLoU2, but at least the first game should provide it with a season’s worth of decent story to cover. 

I haven't watched it yet. I've been watching The Rig on Netflix.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

10-4. Not asking you to watch it, but if you decide to, I’d be curious what you think of it on its own merits, since you don’t have the the video game coloring your opinion like I know I would. 

I watched it. It was pretty good. They make a jarring time jump from shortly after the zombie event to twenty years later, is that the same in the game?

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

12 hours ago, Celan said:

I watched it. It was pretty good. They make a jarring time jump from shortly after the zombie event to twenty years later, is that the same in the game?

Yep. The story is all about the stuff happening 20 years after the outbreak. The beginning was mainly just so you’re aware of what Joel had and went through in the past. Because it will be relevant context to keep in mind for everything else he does throughout the rest of the story. 

Responses to ep1 seem to be pretty positive, from both game fans and general public, from what I can see. Of course, things could go south from here.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

Responses to ep1 seem to be pretty positive, from both game fans and general public, from what I can see. Of course, things could go south from here.

It 100 percent will once they adapt part 2 XD

My dad loved it too, but he isn't a fan of the games. I'm a little excited now to check it out though 

2 hours ago, Celan said:

I can't take the game fans' opinions to mean much because almost half of them loved the sequel for outright contradicting the first game. XD This is a rare case where I might actually value the general public's opinions more.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It 100 percent will once they adapt part 2 XD

How funny would it be if the show learned its lessons from "part 2" and did that stuff better than the game did? XD Granted, it would be hard to do it worse, but still, it's not that the game's concept was impossible to pull off. They just did a piss poor job of it at every turn. Competent writers could probably assemble those pieces into something more worthwhile.

44 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Now that, was a cool

Reveal hidden contents

Draugr.

That is one of my favorite scenes. Prince delves into a barrow and kills a draugr king for the cursed magical sword meant to claim vengeance and slay his uncle. It felt like it was taken straight from an old Norse saga. 

• Like 1