Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

8 hours ago, Centurion said:

One of my main complaints about fallout is how small the world map is, how big the ruins are, and how tiny the “big settlements” are compared to where they are located

Mine too, which is why I am mixed on the idea and mostly just shared it for the fun of discussion.

I think the pros would be that it would make the world of Tamriel feel bigger, and the regions more detailed (I agree that just a scaled up Whiterun Hold would get boring and repetitive, but you could make it much more interesting and diverse if you focused solely on just it and maybe one other hold). With more realistic town and population sizes. It would also allow for Beth to get a lot more mileage out of each country.

But the cons would be less regional diversity in an individual game, and you’d basically have no choice but to focus on smaller scale stories, and couldn’t do big national conflicts like the civil war or the Sixth House uprising, let alone apocalyptic ones like the dragons. 

Too bad Beth doesn’t commission third party spinoffs anymore. I think it would be perfect for something like that. I’d love a New Vegas-like political conflict that is just centered around a single big and important city. 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

All these quotes make it clear that he knows nothing at all about video games. 

So of course they hired him of all people to adapt a video game. 

There's alot of digs at Mario too; which I still have fond memories of as a kid for being fun and polished as fuck platformers XD It's like everyone associated with the Last Of Us wants to drain away just the pure gameplay aspects of gaming. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There's alot of digs at Mario too; which I still have fond memories of as a kid for being fun and polished as fuck platformers XD It's like everyone associated with the Last Of Us wants to drain away just the pure gameplay aspects of gaming. 

Considering that Druckman literally said that they don’t like using the word "fun" at Naughty Dog, that’s not surprising.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

139744553_ElderScrollsOnlineScreenshot2022_12.31-09_07_47_99.thumb.png.e61145003a7e144668a835bb9c94d29c.png

Bruh…. A mil???? Holy shit guy you have enough to just give that away! That’s awesome tho. I think I have 75,000 at the most lmao. I remember when trying to get 50,000 so you could buy an imperial motif seemed impossible and I got tired of working for it so I just got the imperial edition and my my imp character my smith as well 😆

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Btw Centurion I still tell people that story about you and the motifs when people ask me what got me into pvp XD Was you lol

Hell yeah lmao there’s no way I would’ve gotten them without you. You earned like 70% of the alliance points for those bastards

Fuck:dntknw:

Don’t know if I ever posted it on here, but I ended up watching House of the Dragon and really liked it a lot.

Daemon and Aemond were badasses who stole every scene they were in, but King Viserys was the real MVP of the season. I’d go so far as to say that he has the best arc of anyone in this show or even Game of Thrones when it was at its peak. We don’t get a lot of characters like this on TV these days.

Rhaenyra and Alicent were also distinct improvements over their book counterparts. A great job was done of making both of them likable and understandable despite their many flaws. 

And the dragons were really damn cool. Lots of personality and physical traits to make each one feel unique. Far moreso than Dany’s did in GoT.

@Celan Glad you talked me into giving it a chance.

Only character I didn’t like from a writing standpoint was-

- Rhaenys. The writers made her a hypocritical, murderous bitch and I don’t think they are aware of it. Unlike Aegon II, who is a monster that we are obviously supposed to hate, I get the distinct impression that they want us to be rooting for Rhaenys even after her stunt towards the end.