Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

1672336827099404m.thumb.jpg.7d2aa8ca51c723b354c36d53fdbeff4b.jpg

But aren't you watching pixels on your TV XD

What a stupid claim from someone who has clearly never played a video game before. Even more stupid that they say this regarding The Last of Us, of all games!

"… When you die you get sent back to the checkpoint. All those people are back…"

Yeah… except that in the first fifteen minutes, Sarah -the character you start out playing as- does die, and there is no checkpoint to bring her back. 

And I’ll be surprised if the TV series manages to create a moment has even half as much weight.

I just read a little about Arthur Conan Doyle, the author of Sherlock Holmes. I heard that he was an Occultist in the same vein as Alister Crowley, which got my attention, but turns out he was just a Christian Spiritualist who believed strongly in ghosts and psychic powers.

But the part I wanted to share is that he may have also been a massive troll in his time. As he is believed to have been a major potential culprit for creating the Piltdown Man hoax, which was the discovery of a counterfeit fossil that had much of the scientific community fooled for forty years into thinking that it was the missing evolutionary link between ape and man. He was believe to have done this to get revenge on the scientific community for apparently debunking a psychic friend of his. :rofl: 

It most likely wasn’t actually him. The more likely culprit is the guy who "found" the fossil. But I kind of want to believe it was. XD 

37 minutes ago, Centurion said:

the planned pre-releases

This got me thinking, how would y’all feel about a TES game that’s not a whole province like Oblivion and Skyrim were, or even most of one?

I’m thinking of a more localized setting like in modern Fallout games, with only one or two major cities, but they are enormous and have huge populations like an actual city. The map itself would be a much smaller chunk of Tamriel, but scaled waaaay up from what we’re used to.

And all the rural villages and towns could be much larger and more prominent as a result, basically filling the role of major cities in previous games (which were really just village sized anyway).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This got me thinking, how would y’all feel about a TES game that’s not a whole province like Oblivion and Skyrim were, or even most of one?

I’m thinking of a more localized setting like in modern Fallout games, with only one or two major cities, but they are enormous and have huge populations like an actual city. The map itself would be a much smaller chunk of Tamriel, but scaled waaaay up from what we’re used to.

And all the rural villages and towns could be much larger and more prominent as a result, basically filling the role of major cities in previous games (which were really just village sized anyway).

Like if Tribunal was a single game and we got the whole city of Mournhold XD It'd be awesome. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Like if Tribunal was a single game and we got the whole city of Mournhold XD It'd be awesome. 

I was thinking more like Fallout 3 but replace the entire D.C. ruin part of the map with the thriving city of "Daggerfall" (or something like that). And the "wasteland" is the countryside. And of course the map as a whole would be bigger because new tech allows for that.

Not sure if I’d like it better or not, but I think I would. A more localized setting would allow for a more focused experience. Kinda like how in New Vegas everything was somewhat connected through the NCR/Legion/Vegas conflict. The world would be less disjointed, and ironically would feel bigger since you wouldn’t be able to sprint across entire kingdoms in a single day.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I was thinking more like Fallout 3 but replace the entire D.C. ruin part of the map with the thriving city of "Daggerfall" (or something like that). And the "wasteland" is the countryside. And of course the map as a whole would be bigger because new tech allows for that.

Not sure if I’d like it better or not, but I think I would. A more localized setting would allow for a more focused experience. Kinda like how in New Vegas everything was somewhat connected through the NCR/Legion/Vegas conflict. The world would be less disjointed, and ironically would feel bigger since you wouldn’t be able to sprint across entire kingdoms in a single day.

I rember that being a point of criticism in relation to New Vegas vs the content density of past titles on launch (Which was really fucking stupid looking back too it, because the sidequests and general quality is way above many Beth games). I think there's a big part of Bethesda's fanbase that think bigger is better for no other reason then it is XD

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I rember that being a point of criticism in relation to New Vegas vs the content density of past titles on launch (Which was really fucking stupid looking back too it, because the sidequests and general quality is way above many Beth games). I think there's a big part of Bethesda's fanbase that think bigger is better for no other reason then it is XD

Which says a lot about how stupid people are. The playable part of New Vegas’s map is actually bigger than Fallout 3’s. It’s just not a perfect flat square that allows you to go in any direction like a literal sandbox. 

And the map I propose would not be any smaller than past games either. It would cover a smaller portion of Tamriel’s map, but be scaled way up.

Daggerfall had the biggest map of any TES game by far, despite covering the smallest portion of Tamriel. I wouldn’t want something that drastic, but you get my point. 

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

So Vvardenfell. Essentially.

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

So Vvardenfell. Essentially.

Still a lot bigger than I was thinking. More like if you just took the Ascadian Isles region of Vvardenfell, scaled them and the locations in them way up, and added a lot more content and locations. With Vivec being the big focal location. 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Still a lot bigger than I was thinking. More like if you just took the Ascadian Isles region of Vvardenfell, scaled them and the locations in them way up, and added a lot more content and locations. With Vivec being the big focal location. 

Doesn’t really call to me. I liked the scale of Vvardenfell and how it feels larger that the other games, hell it made Morrowind actually feel like a country having more than 5 towns lmao. But I also like have a bigger/diverse place to explore. One of my main complaints about fallout is how small the world map is, how big the ruins are, and how tiny the “big settlements” are compared to where they are located

Fuck:dntknw: