Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Who only has Whorra because they literally killed off the spirits of every past Avatar. Poor fucking earth kingdom hick has WHORRA and only Whorra to guide him and give advice :rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to undo that just because of how damn stupid a decision it was for future stories.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to undo that just because of how damn stupid a decision it was for future stories.

Imagine learning your past life destroyed a thousand lifetimes worth of skill, wisdom and knowledge.

I'd fucking never seek her out, and make sure to keep all future Avatars from ever speaking to her dumb ass either.

• Haha 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'd fucking never seek her out, and make sure to keep all future Avatars from ever speaking to her dumb ass either.

Yeah, it would definitely be better to start over again with a new "first" Avatar than have her be first in the new chain. You might legitimately save the world by preventing her from being a future hero’s primary source of "wisdom". 

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, it would definitely be better to start over again with a new "first" Avatar than have her be first in the new chain. You might legitimately save the world by preventing her from being a future hero’s primary source of "wisdom". 

"I'm erasing your stupid ass spirit."

"No! It's not what Aang would have wanted!"

"Who?! WHO bitch?! I don't know any eeehng. You know what, I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it."

• Haha 1

Merry Christmas you filthy animals

You might have heard, there is another failed Netflix "Witcher" spinoff called Blood Origin. This one appears to be especially lazy and slapdick. Even Netflix recognized that it's garbage, since it was originally supposed to be 6 episodes but they didn't have enough story and didn't want to pay for the CGI. So the whole thing got re-done in editing and cut down to 4 episodes. Yeah, that always works out.

Here are some Polish (translated) reviews, if you want to amuse yourself with it being trashed to hell and back.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Also, I just gotta say this, the Aen Elle are not exactly supposed to be sexy but goddam. Can a girl please buy a sexy male elf ANYWHERE?!

This is supposed to be Avallach. Really, just don't click. Don't do it to yourself.

2gvwq889n28a1.png

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Problem with elves is theyre all supposed to be kinda feminine so you dont have a lot to work with from the start. Takes a lot to make that feel masculine lol. 

Like british men xD

Wait till you see the "Elves" in Elden Ring XD

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Witcher elves range from Legolas to a fucking Death Metal band. XD 

I called the Wild Hunt ones Kratos Elves XD

Anyways, this always rings true

d8voqrs-d93198aa-8188-4612-8570-b197e7b3

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Problem with elves is theyre all supposed to be kinda feminine so you dont have a lot to work with from the start. Takes a lot to make that feel masculine lol. 

Like british men xD

No, no, no. Tolkien male elves are supposed to be manly, at least the Noldor, albeit with flowing hair etc. Are you gonna make me post pics?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

No, no, no. Tolkien male elves are supposed to be manly, at least the Noldor, albeit with flowing hair etc. Are you gonna make me post pics?

Celan xD If you post pics and these niggas look like Kaitlyn Jenner with baldur's hair ima laugh lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Celan xD If you post pics and these niggas look like Kaitlyn Jenner with baldur's hair ima laugh lol

You think manliness consists in beards, so that's bound to happen. But anyway they don't look like those monstrosities up above. 

Even Peter Jackson got it right in some spots, such as Elrond, who I think was played pretty well.

Celeborn.jpg

Elladan.jpg

Feanor.png

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

Even Peter Jackson got it right in some spots, such as Elrond, who I think was played pretty well.

Peter Jackson did pretty great with the elves in general. Many feel like a step or two below angelic, which is perfect for what they’re supposed to be. And they all carry themselves like people who have been around thousands of years, with that sort of wisdom and aloofness about them.

And Hugo Weaving is badass in anything. XD 

• Like 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I do wish we could’ve seen Gil-galdad at some point, though. He was always one of my favorites. 

They showed him in the Last Alliance, but he was ugly and looked old. :( GG is supposed to be hot, dammit.

Jackson's elves are kind of hit or miss. He popularized the idea that most elves are blonde, which they are not. Most are described as dark haired with grey eyes. Thranduil and Legolas were probably dark haired in the mythos. Celeborn (the top pic above) is specifically noted to be silver haired, but that's unusual, as is Maedhros who was red haired.

Fingon (father of Gil-Galad) cutting off Maedhros' hand to save him from Thangorodrim

Fingon Maedhros.jpg

15 minutes ago, Celan said:

Jackson's elves are kind of hit or miss. He popularized the idea that most elves are blonde,

I feel like that was more the fault of pop culture being retarded than of Peter Jackson, himself. Legolas and Galadriel got the most screen time, so people latched onto them the most when copying him.

I don’t think most of Jackson’s elves are even blonde. If you look at the extras, a ton of them have dark hair. Though personally, I’m not so nit picky about hair color anyway unless it’s an important trait (like Lannisters being blonde ¬¬). I think that Jackson crushed it with conveying the feeling that the elves were supposed to give off of these wise and ancient people who are a little of sad and almost done with this world, and perhaps a little haughty because everyone else is virtually a child compared to them. But also very regal, noble, and badass.

Most media with elves copies the aesthetic but then just makes them behave and carry themselves like stupid humans in their 30s. Maybe with some tree hugging sprinkled in. Jackson put a lot more into them than that. 

• Like 1