Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

On 12/14/2022 at 6:06 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

Rings of power in general had this weird disconnect of me being blown away by a scenic shot (some of Numenor looked breathtaking) and then being thrown into the bloody ground by some hideously cheap looking costume XD Production must have been a clusterfuck cause some the movie-level visuals being right next to sci fi channel-esque quality can't be explained by anything else.

They handed Tolkien to a completely novice, incompetent showrunning pair. It was D & D all over again.

23 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

First day of work went swimmingly.

Right before clocking in, some random lady outside the restaurant was unconscious and couldn't be woken up. An ambulance came and resuscitated her ass, word is she's high off her fucking kite.

I joked about who's going to have to climb in the back of the ambulance and say "Thank you for eating at Carrabba's." :rofl:

Welcome to the United States of Fentanyl

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

12 minutes ago, Celan said:

They handed Tolkien to a completely novice, incompetent showrunning pair. It was D & D all over again.

Never thought I’d say this, but that might be unfair to Dumb and Dumber. Those two at least had the competence to produce a few good seasons back when they gave a crap. Mostly by leaning on GRRM’s writing and a very solid cast and crew, but that counts for something.

The RoP duo had more time and the biggest budget in TV history, yet failed to create anything of any merit at all. Imagine how stoked we would all be right now if this show’s season 1 had been as good as GoT’s. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:19 PM, TheCzarsHussar said:

Welp, finished Arcane. Definitely... isn't changing my opinion on fucking League of Legends, but goddamn that was a great show.

Hide contents

Once again Jinx fucks things up right when a resolution is reached, lady just cannot help it :rofl:

If this was any other show, I'd assume every one of the councilors would survive, but this one? I'm assuming they all got gibbed.

Just finished my (delayed) rewatch. XD Did you have any favorite characters?

I had forgotten that the golden plates on Mel’s dress shimmer right before Jinx’s rocket hits the council building, and it seems to alert her because she turns her head right as it happens. My prediction is that this will protect her, somehow. Like it creates a shield or something. Would make sense for her to have something like that considering that her family has tons of enemies.

I think Viktor will survive as well, maybe thanks to his hex core augmentations. There’s still too much story potential with him. 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just finished my (delayed) rewatch. XD Did you have any favorite characters?

Reveal hidden contents

I had forgotten that the golden plates on Mel’s dress shimmer right before Jinx’s rocket hits the council building, and it seems to alert her because she turns her head right as it happens. My prediction is that this will protect her, somehow. Like it creates a shield or something. Would make sense for her to have something like that considering that her family has tons of enemies.

I think Viktor will survive as well, maybe thanks to his hex core augmentations. There’s still too much story potential with him. 

It's hard to have a favorite when every named character is so well written.

Not Jinx I'm afraid to say. I did end up liking the character alot by the end, she pulled through my distain for the Harley Quinn archetype.

As much as I also liked Vander and the grizzled police chief, they didn't last long enough. If either survived another episode or two than easily would take the favorite.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's hard to have a favorite when every named character is so well written.

Reveal hidden contents

Not Jinx I'm afraid to say. I did end up liking the character alot by the end, she pulled through my distain for the Harley Quinn archetype.

As much as I also liked Vander and the grizzled police chief, they didn't last long enough. If either survived another episode or two than easily would take the favorite.

For me it’s Silco, easily.

Vander is an easy second and could’ve been first if he had more time to shine. 

I wish more devs had the balls like the Capcom crew to tell the execs to go fuck themselves, apparently Resident Evil 7 was "almost" a live-service microtransaction riddled game, and when the team tried repeatedly to convince them to trust in their vision of a "purely single-player experience" the same execs cried calling it " marketing’s worst nightmare: a regular old single-player horror game. :rofl:"  It took one of the more rationale higher ups to tell them to stuff it 

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-7-was-almost-a-live-service-game-with-microtransactions

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

same execs cried calling it " marketing’s worst nightmare: a regular old single-player horror game. :rofl:

Imagine how out-of-touch an exec must be to believe that not adding microtransactions would be a nightmare for marketing.

Nightmare for profits? Potentially. MTX makes bank.

But nightmare for marketing? Name a single AAA dev in the last five years to release a functional game without MTX that didn't get showered in praise and goodwill from players for doing exactly that.

Not having MTX is a thing to market. It's one of the easiest ways to immediately get players to root for your game to succeed.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Imagine how out-of-touch an exec must be to believe that not adding microtransactions would be a nightmare for marketing.

Nightmare for profits? Potentially. MTX makes bank.

But nightmare for marketing? Name a single AAA dev in the last five years to release a functional game without MTX that didn't get showered in praise and goodwill from players for doing exactly that.

Not having MTX is a thing to market. It's one of the easiest ways to immediately get players to root for your game to succeed.

There were probably ancient Japanese fossils who are completely out of touch with anything XD Maybe Capcom is doing so well caused them all too die off  Or maybe they misinterpreted how the west was shifting towards MTX games and thought they'd get good will by doing that, by being completely out of touch 

15 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Is there any reason Morrowind's Nord voice actor never returned for Skyrim?

Maybe he got burnt out after having to voice the Nords, Argonians, Khajiit, (and Orcs in Oblivion) for two games and recoiled at the idea of doing it all again a third time XD

His last game credit on imdb was in 2007, so it looks like he retired.

• Sad 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Welp, training is over. I passed the menu test, it was a right fucking ordeal XD

Not only was the practice test a total red herring as unlike what I was told (which was almost one to one), the real test had like ten questions out of seventy from it.

It took me...several tries before I made a good grade of 93. I was a little baffled by my supervisor being so happy about it, until later on in the shift I learned that most people just cheat by taking the test at home.

It all made sense why my supervisor waved the charge when I bought a dessert to celebrate :rofl:

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’d only be interested if they scrubbed Kora from the canon and restored the world how it was. Going even further in the future seems like the worst thing they can do. 

I doubt it, though it's apparently pretty far into the future but only in a human lifetime. Because it's the Avatar right after Whorra.

Who only has Whorra because they literally killed off the spirits of every past Avatar. Poor fucking earth kingdom hick has WHORRA and only Whorra to guide him and give advice :rofl:

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1