Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Miyazaki said to expect more Elden Ring content.

The wait is maddening, I was so high on copium that I was certain we'd see dlc.

At least it won, the god of war fans were roasting Elden Ring the whole time in the comments. I was there live when Elden Ring won, the comments were moving at light speed of salt lmao

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve just gotten through the new GoW. It’s actually really damn good. Enough that I’d be happy to see both it and ER do very well. We could use more games like both of them. 

I still didn't like the direction they took with aspects of the story. 

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I still didn't like the direction they took with aspects of the story. 

I loved the story! :lol: 

The stuff you warned about was true, but the game is loooong and it spends that time working really hard to convincingly develop the characters to a point where those payoffs feel right. It’s not just a random "screw you, this is Kratos now" like TLoU2 did with Joel and Ellie.

That stuff sounded awful out of context, but the actual events make it so much better. And it’s not nearly as cringy and weak as the text made it sound. The very next thing Kratos and the gang do after the whole "open your heart" scene is go off to kill someone who needs to die. XD Kratos didn’t become some pacifist. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Really? I feel like nothing interesting at all got announced besides Armored Core, which is… meh. We already knew Phantom Liberty and Baldur’s Gate were coming.

Christopher Judge had a fifteen minute speech  where he just rambled about trickle down economies, his mother, and random shit, Miyisaki was invaded by a dark phantom, and fucking Elden Ring won GOTY so i'm happy XD

• Haha 2