Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

@Centurion When it comes to Beyond Skyrim though; the Atmora team made the decision to incorporate Frostfall as a base, and expand it into the very world and design of the project itself. Describing it as a "horrifying dead" continent, they've said it resembles a "Survival horror" and "Dark-Souls like" experience, which sounds amazing to me. 

AtmoraLoadscreens.jpg

AtmoraExplorer1.png

132038981_1370936816581077_9745204170073

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@Centurion When it comes to Beyond Skyrim though; the Atmora team made the decision to incorporate Frostfall as a base, and expand it into the very world and design of the project itself. Describing it as a "horrifying dead" continent, they've said it resembles a "Survival horror" and "Dark-Souls like" experience, which sounds amazing to me. 

AtmoraLoadscreens.jpg

AtmoraExplorer1.png

132038981_1370936816581077_9745204170073

I agree with making Atmora almost mystically cold. That no mortal can travel too far north or have their very soul frozen.

I meant to talk about it earlier, but I just recalled the thought.

Morrowind has some sprinklings of Dwemer society that were actually really endearing. I forget the book that talks about this, but it's in one of the eastern Dwemer ruins. How two rival holds were feuding, with a giant feast serving as an assembly, and how with everyone drunk the two leaders made peace with one another.

Ultimately they'd feud again when one commented his skills of invention and mathematics surpassed the other. I dunno, it's lore tidbits like that which I never expected to see coming from the Dwemer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I meant to talk about it earlier, but I just recalled the thought.

Morrowind has some sprinklings of Dwemer society that were actually really endearing. I forget the book that talks about this, but it's in one of the eastern Dwemer ruins. How two rival holds were feuding, with a giant feast serving as an assembly, and how with everyone drunk the two leaders made peace with one another.

Ultimately they'd feud again when one commented his skills of invention and mathematics surpassed the other. I dunno, it's lore tidbits like that which I never expected to see coming from the Dwemer.

Kagrenac and Nerevar’s friendship humanizes them more than almost anything else we’ve seen. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Kagrenac and Nerevar’s friendship humanizes them more than almost anything else we’ve seen. 

You'd think more of them would survive too. If the only prerequisite of not getting turned to ash and becoming the skin of Anumidium was just to be in an Outer Realm, there should be a handful of other Dwemer.

Actually there probably was, only reason Yagrum is still kicking is because he's effectively immortal from Corpus. 

the cool thing about that rimmen guard armor is the lore reason why it’s akiviri inspired. In case you didn’t know, after the fall of the potentate a warlord named attrebus took control of the imperial city and launched a genocide against the remaining akiviri in Cyrodiil which caused them to flee and settle in and around rimmen

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

On 12/2/2022 at 3:24 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

TES is a super (supeeerr) rare Western setting where Japanese influence not only looks cool, it makes sense with how influential Akavari culture has been on the Tamrieliec continent, so I love the design XD

I wish it was more present in Cyrodiil. Kinda sucks that the Blades are the only major remnant of it.