Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That the one where

Hide contents

Silco meets with all the other bosses?

If so, yeah, that’s one of my favorites in the show. 

Yes

Of no fault of the show, I forgot all about Ekko :rofl:

This episode remedied that, I highly doubt they killed him off at the bridge. Especially if Jinkies! survived.

19 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yes

Hide contents

Of no fault of the show, I forgot all about Ekko :rofl:

This episode remedied that, I highly doubt they killed him off at the bridge. Especially if Jinkies! survived.

There is so much you can pull from that scene with Silco. But the fact he just casually breathes the toxic air while it chokes all the others says a ton about who he is. So many others want to escape the Undercity, even the so called "bosses" who act like like those are their streets, but none of them are really about it and now have moved so far from their roots that they can’t even breathe the air down there. Silco, for all his flaws, is 100% authentic and about it. Such a gangster move.

19 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Of no fault of the show, I forgot all about Ekko

That’s fair. A lot happens between the time jump and his unmasking. 

The bridge duel is actually the scene I mentioned where a character uses their "ultimate" from the game in a creative way.

Apparently, the game version of Ekko has a device that lets him rewind time and get a chance to "redo" something if he screws up. That’s his ultimate.

Portraying that power in a more grounded way by having his duel with Jinx mimic their childhood game, and him remembering what she did back then and using that knowledge for a "redo" where he corrects his mistakes is so damn clever on the writers’ part. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor

Reveal hidden contents

How the hell does that kid survive getting blasted by that magic shooting hammer, falls down several hundred feet, and survives long enough for Jayce and the Golden Fleece, and Vi-dil-le-dil-lee to get down there?

Clearly been hitting the shimmer. :P 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

"Take those off!"

"No"

Gears up for a fight, but remembers he can just disable them remotely. Makes something up about not making it alone, dumb fuck ass rat-girl buys it.

I know dfarg is a badass, but homeboy had a gravity hammer that shoots beams of explosive magic. He probably would’ve won if he needed to. XD 

Hide contents

I'd like to believe Stilco's right hand woman didn't behead his ass because she's also old enough to remember how fucked things were. Also because golden jaw man was a little bitch.

That, and despite his weakness for Jinx, Silco is clearly the best man for the job. Main thing she wants is for the Undercity to have a strong leader who will fight for it. If she killed Silco, who could replace him?

Though clearly she begins to shift on that as the story progresses. 

She has a really cool design by the way. I dig the cape. XD 

Welp, finished Arcane. Definitely... isn't changing my opinion on fucking League of Legends, but goddamn that was a great show.

Once again Jinx fucks things up right when a resolution is reached, lady just cannot help it :rofl:

If this was any other show, I'd assume every one of the councilors would survive, but this one? I'm assuming they all got gibbed.

Welp, finished Arcane. Definitely... isn't changing my opinion on fucking League of Legends, but goddamn that was a great show.

Hide contents

Once again Jinx fucks things up right when a resolution is reached, lady just cannot help it :rofl:

If this was any other show, I'd assume every one of the councilors would survive, but this one? I'm assuming they all got gibbed.

Knew you’d like it. ;) 

Jinx has a fitting name. XD Hell of a cliffhanger. Much as I like Jayce and Medara, I’m hoping that every one of them dies, just for the punch it’ll have. But if they don’t, it will at least have a massive impact regardless. War is unavoidable now. And I imagine Medara’s people will be getting involved too. Her mother isn’t the sort to forgive something like this.

My favorite scene in the whole show is Silco sitting by the statue of Vander, finally understanding his brother after all these years. He killed him for abandoning the cause to protect the children, but then ultimately ended up with the same dilemma but even sweeter, and couldn’t bring himself to do it. "Is there anything so undoing as a daughter?"

That guy’s development is soooo good. Even if future seasons end up crap (man I hope not), I’d consider S1 worth the watch for his arc alone.

I know he’s not as exciting as some of the others, but one thing I live about Jayce’s story is that dude is constantly getting the hardest, most important decisions thrust on him. Everyone else has such clear-cut goals and paths they’re on that are difficult, but at least they know what’s right and wrong. Poor Jayce almost never does. 

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

Tamriel Rebuilt for Morrowind’s latest release as of November includes a rework of the Imperial holdings in the Telvanni east along the coast of the inner sea and the first push into the Hlaalu holds

current map

Hide contents

4A072C5C-857D-472D-B3BF-1C8B0C048A4E.thumb.png.40f0e6c1924303bba6ee8c38a50569c8.png

LOOK AT THE SOUL BETHESDA LOOK AT THE FUCKING SOUL! 

Tamriel Rebuilt is another one of my favorite mods. Especially when the modders came out and said "Yeah we like some stuff in the newer games and we don't mind adapting some of it, but we will excise anything that isn't faithful to the provinces as they were depicted in Morrowind XD

• Like 1