Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

12 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, the Last Dragonborn has never seen a map or been to any country in Tamriel, isn’t capable of learning anything new unless it involves killing, stealing, or magic, and has to have words of power literally shoved forcefully into his soul because language is hard.

Bruh it’s annoying. Your a nord? Well you’re not from Skyrim and the game lets you know it, “Why’s a foreigner want to fight for Skyrim” -Galmar Stonefist. Your a dark elf? Well your not from Skyrim or Morrowind “Outlander” “hur dur there’s no jarls?” Guarantee if Bethesda had done somewhere else than solsthiem it would’ve been the same. Like Stros M’kai “what’s x reguard thing” even tho your a redguard. Etc etc

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Bruh it’s annoying. Your a nord? Well you’re not from Skyrim and the game lets you know it, “Why’s a foreigner want to fight for Skyrim” -Galmar Stonefist. Your a dark elf? Well your not from Skyrim or Morrowind “Outlander” “hur dur there’s no jarls?” Guarantee if Bethesda had done somewhere else than solsthiem it would’ve been the same. Like Stros M’kai “what’s x reguard thing” even tho your a redguard. Etc etc

I don’t know if Bethesda just can’t write player dialogue, or they just choose not to, but that is something they have always struggled with. New Vegas, or better yet, Outer Worlds, has the same dialogue system but with so much more opportunity to display our experience and and personality in the things we say. Makes you feel like you’re playing a character and not just a soulless avatar created by the gods at the start of the game.

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t know if Bethesda just can’t write player dialogue, or they just choose not to, but that is something they have always struggled with. New Vegas, or better yet, Outer Worlds, has the same dialogue system but with so much more opportunity to display our experience and and personality in the things we say. Makes you feel like you’re playing a character and not just a soulless avatar created by the gods at the start of the game.

The fucking worst that I just remembered is the asking what the Great War was or what’s the white-gold concordat like my character was born five fucking days ago under a fucking hill

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

The fucking worst that I just remembered is the asking what the Great War was or what’s the white-gold concordat like my character was born five fucking days ago under a fucking hill

Seriously, the only way an adult in Tamriel could conceivably not know this stuff is if he grew up in Morrowind (which we’ve ruled out), Argonia (where other races aren’t allowed), or a cave.

This game makes a lot more sense in general if we just assume the Last Dragonborn is a literal caveman. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Seriously, the only way an adult in Tamriel could conceivably not know this stuff is if he grew up in Morrowind (which we’ve ruled out), Argonia (where other races aren’t allowed), or a cave.

This game makes a lot more sense in general if we just assume the Last Dragonborn is a literal caveman. 

Like the game treats you like your from Cyrodiil and then makes you a fucking idiot when it comes to stuff you would 100% know about

20 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Like the game treats you like your from Cyrodiil and then makes you a fucking idiot when it comes to stuff you would 100% know about

If not for the dialogue in Cidhna Mine where we can briefly mention our family, I’d seriously wonder if it was Beth’s intention for the Dovahkiin to have poofed into existence right before the game started.  

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I just assumed my PC was dropped as a child and was a little slow in the head XD Don't bully them!  (I question the choice of every guild to name them guldmaster after three quests though...)

The events of Skyrim are all false, the main character is a prisoner of the Dominion and the Great War is still ongoing.

They've fooled your mind into a faux reality, how else can you explain how un-Nordic Skyrim is. Dragons? That's a Cyrodiil thing.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I question the choice of every guild to name them guldmaster after three quests though...)

One of the only things I will give credit to Skyrim’s Thieves Guild for is that they actually make you earn this. You’ve got to steal a lot of shit plus beat the questline before they’ll put you in charge. But even then, it really only works because all the veteran members are either uninterested or too incompetent to even compete.

And I guess the Dark Brotherhood does effectively get wiped out in their questline to the point where it’s basically just a choice between you (the Night Mother’s chosen) or the vampire brat.

No excuse for the Companions and definitely not the College.

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

One of the only things I will give credit to Skyrim’s Thieves Guild for is that they actually make you earn this. You’ve got to steal a lot of shit plus beat the questline before they’ll put you in charge. But even then, it really only works because all the veteran members are either uninterested or too incompetent to even compete.

And I guess the Dark Brotherhood does effectively get wiped out in their questline to the point where it’s basically just a choice between you -the Night Mother’s chosen- or the vampire brat. 

But the question is who would want too for such a shitty questline XD Though yeah, it is better in terms of actually doing stuff then the Mages Guild and Companions. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

And I guess the Dark Brotherhood does effectively get wiped out in their questline to the point where it’s basically just a choice between you -the Night Mother’s chosen- or the vampire brat. 

I had to work my ass off to become Patriarch of the Tribunal, it felt well earned to don the Ebony Mail. I cannot imagine how different, quick and ass-kissing it'd be if designed today.

54 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But the question is who would want too for such a shitty questline XD 

Oh yeah, it was trash. I hate to say it, since her grandma Barenziah is one of the better written characters in the series, but Karliah is an absolutely abysmal character. One of the worst Bethesda has made.

53 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I had to work my ass off to become Patriarch of the Tribunal, it felt well earned to don the Ebony Mail. I cannot imagine how different, quick and ass-kissing it'd be if designed today.

All the faction questlines in Morrowind make you earn it. You can’t even reach the higher ranks without having tons of experience or training. The Temple in particular won’t accept anyone as their Patriarch who hadn’t gone on extensive pilgrimages and crusaded multiple times into hell itself. XD 

I especially like the progression through House Telvanni. Their culture awards the ambitious, so it makes sense that you rise relatively quickly after going the extra mile to distinguish yourself. And in the end, you essentially carve out your own place at the top, rather than being arbitrarily chosen over someone more suitable. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh yeah, it was trash. I hate to say it, since her grandma Barenziah is one of the better written characters in the series, but Karliah is an absolutely abysmal character. One of the worst Bethesda has made.

All the faction questlines in Morrowind make you earn it. You can’t even reach the higher ranks without having tons of experience or training. The Temple in particular won’t accept anyone as their Patriarch who hadn’t gone on extensive pilgrimages and crusaded multiple times into hell itself. XD 

I especially like the progression through House Telvanni. Their culture awards the ambitious, so it makes sense that you rise relatively quickly after going the extra mile to distinguish yourself. And in the end, you essentially carve out your own place at the top. 

For even more Telvanni greatness check out uveriths legacy and rise of house Telvanni mods. Fantastic. Gives you shit to do as archmagister and allows you to make house Telvanni the defacto head of Morrowind through guile and intrigue

• Thanks 1

another thing that irritates me, I’m a dark elf. I’m wearing the ebony mail, I’m wielding the ebony blade, I have azuras Star in my possession. Not one comment on these things from the temple in Raven Rock and Assistant Hlervu still yells at me about “the temple is for followers of our faith alone” like bitch what

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like killing Alduin and having Vilkas say he’s never even heard of me. XD 

How about not being able to call bullshit on Wuunferth for saying the college hasn’t allowed necromancy for hundreds of years, when that’s patently false. Or Brynjolf sucking your dick about being “special” even if you fuck up the Brand-Shei quest. Imperial prison patrols getting lippy with a Legate, the list goes on

12 minutes ago, Centurion said:

another thing that irritates me, I’m a dark elf. I’m wearing the ebony mail, I’m wielding the ebony blade, I have azuras Star in my possession. Not one comment on these things from the temple in Raven Rock and Assistant Hlervu still yells at me about “the temple is for followers of our faith alone” like bitch what

I always thought this was kinda of tolerable. You can tell a Dark Elf being a native or a "foreign" Dunmer if they sound like they have throat cancer or not XD So Dovah-Dark Elf is a gay sounding one

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like killing Alduin and having Vilkas say he’s never even heard of me. XD 

This reminds me of a video I saw where Vilkas says his line about take a few swings and I can take it, then the player does a downwards power swing with a deadric war hammer and his skull literally splits in half but he walk away like “damn you might just make it”

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I always thought this was kinda of tolerable. You can tell a Dark Elf being a native or a "foreign" Dunmer if they sound like they have throat cancer or not XD So Dovah-Dark Elf is a gay sounding one

I think it’s more about the fact that he’s fully decked out in sacred artifacts of the guy’s primary gods. XD