Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Creation Club isn't canon though? 

Nope. But I’d gladly add some of it to my headcanon it if it was any good. There’s virtually nothing of value in there besides a few spells and pieces of gear.

Of the many quest or dungeon creations, Forgotten Seasons is the only one that’s any good and actually fits in with Skyrim. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Nope. But I’d gladly add some of it to my headcanon it if it was any good. There’s virtually nothing of value in there besides a few spells and pieces of gear.

Of the many quest or dungeon creations, Forgotten Seasons is the only one that’s any good and actually fits in with Skyrim. 

I thought the one with the two barbarians and giant spider boss to be decent too. Felt like a real dungeon quest. 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I thought the one with the two barbarians and giant spider boss to be decent too. Felt like a real dungeon quest. 

That one intrigued me because it actually added Nordic artifacts that you actually had to earn by fighting a unique boss.

Unfortunately, reading the stupid note didn’t trigger the quest for me, and you can’t enter that part of the dungeon unless the quest has started. So I never got to see the quest, the boss, or the gear. So yeah, one of the few with potential, and it’s completely broken and unplayable. 

Same happened with the mead hall player home. I liked the design, tried to use it, and it crashed my game every time I entered the door.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

screenshot_20221129-110445_samsung-inter

screenshot_20221129-110137_samsung-inter

Why does this always happen with big mod projects :rofl:

Because they can’t really do psych evaluations people join the mod team. The actual mod team made a new Facebook page btw because Facebook told them he created the page (back in 2012) so he has the right to do with as he pleases. 

Fuck:dntknw:

What I’m worried about is that this is going to cause such a negative press around the whole project that it’s gonna fizzle and die. Like sure it’s taking fucking years to do and may not ever be finished, but this certainly isn’t helping. Like I’m legitimately excited for the beyond Skyrim projects especially with the Illiac bay and Morrowind prerelease’s coming up, same as Bruma, like man.

• Sad 1

Just now, Centurion said:

Like I’m legitimately excited for the beyond Skyrim projects especially with the Illiac bay and Morrowind prerelease’s coming up, same as Bruma, like man.

Yeah, this isn’t a New Frontier situation. The Beyond Skyrim team legitimately makes some high quality shit. Most of the content in Bruma was on par with or better than anything Bethesda has made in a long time. Hopefully this doesn’t hurt it too much.

34 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, this isn’t a New Frontier situation

What an absolute shame that was. I remember being wholesale excited for it years ago, around 2015. At what point did it begin to devolve into fetish territory, with a plagiarized story. I feel badly for the talented modders who worked on the technical aspects of it.

It's still incredible that they made working vehicles.

45 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What an absolute shame that was. I remember being wholesale excited for it years ago, around 2015. At what point did it begin to devolve into fetish territory, with a plagiarized story. I feel badly for the talented modders who worked on the technical aspects of it.

It's still incredible that they made working vehicles.

From the beginning

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Man something I hate about Bethesda is the treatment of your character like you are stateless/stupid “Councilor? You mean there’s no Jarl, durrrrr” “what’s house Redoran, durrrr” “what’s the city of Blacklight, hurrr fucking durrr” ugh

I wouldn't at all mind if there was also plenty of options for roleplaying sake that show your character fully knows about these things. Sadly, there isn't.

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Man something I hate about Bethesda is the treatment of your character like you are stateless/stupid “Councilor? You mean there’s no Jarl, durrrrr” “what’s house Redoran, durrrr” “what’s the city of Blacklight, hurrr fucking durrr” ugh

Yeah, the Last Dragonborn has never seen a map or been to any country in Tamriel, isn’t capable of learning anything new unless it involves killing, stealing, or magic, and has to have words of power literally shoved forcefully into his soul because language is hard.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I wouldn't at all mind if there was also plenty of options for roleplaying sake that show your character fully knows about these things. Sadly, there isn't.

Yeah, how hard would it have been to the bare minimum of just adding situational race-based dialogue?

Or hell, even just neutral options so we aren’t forced to go "hurr durr I dunno" at everything. 

The default options shouldn’t read like a Low Intelligence New Vegas playthrough. 

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Redguard from Skyrim

Jokes aside, if that guy actually was a Redguard raised among Nords, it would be a really badass look for him. 

Main villain of ESO’s Dark Heart of Skyrim expansion was a Redguard vampire. I wish it had been something more Nordic or Reachman to suit the setting, but admittedly, the character was pretty badass and even halfway understandable. Unfortunately, it was only halfway.