Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #37

Another Samurai recomdation; watch Kangemusha (Shadow warrior). It was one of Akira Kurosawa's last movies (Ford Coppola and mother fucking GEORGE LUCAS (:rofl:) helped make it).  Some of the most breath-taking usage of color i've seen recently. The plot is pretty unique too; a feared Daiymo takes on a body double, then dies, and his council of Generals decides to trick the enemy by putting his body double as a stand-in.  

f460ff2e0e8209a0e9a9786a26e4fb8b.jpg

On 11/14/2022 at 1:26 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

As a preview for the main mod, the Skyrim extended cut team are releasing an overhaul of the Saints and Seducers Creation Club DLC, with full voice acting and proper quests 

They should do this for Ghost of the Tribunal CC. Literally the only reason in updated to AE lol

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

They should do this for Ghost of the Tribunal CC. Literally the only reason in updated to AE lol

That’s one of the only CC questlines that has the potential to be halfway worth a damn without a total overhaul.

Granted, it’s still noncanon trash and I hate the implications it wants to have on the lore, XD but at least the actual content is slightly deeper than "read badly written note, kill enemy, loot shiny new thing, end". And the Tribunal faithful are a good idea in concept.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s one of the only CC questlines that has the potential to be halfway worth a damn without a total overhaul.

Granted, it’s still noncanon trash and I hate the implications it wants to have on the lore, XD but at least the actual content is slightly deeper than "read badly written note, kill enemy, loot shiny new thing, end". And the Tribunal faithful are a good idea in concept.

Yeah I just like it because of the shiny things lol, but an actually fleshed out quest line and removal of pseudo Dagoth Ur and ash zombie and it would fit perfectly. The whole Dagoth ur thing is the only reason it sucks, besides you know being cc content

12 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Yeah I just like it because of the shiny things lol, but an actually fleshed out quest line and removal of pseudo Dagoth Ur and ash zombie and it would fit perfectly. The whole Dagoth ur thing is the only reason it sucks, besides you know being cc content

Good suggestions, but I feel the "we communicate by repeating vanilla lines and hand you letters" to be the first thing that has to go XD

19 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Remove the Dagoth Ur thing and Trueflame and I’d be mostly okay with it. 

Hell, you could even keep the ash zombies. But instead of making the Big Bad a guy hearing Dagoth Ur’s voice in his head, just make it one of his Sixth House lieutenants. "Dagoth Ubababu" or some crap like that. XD The Ash Zombies are fakes anyway.

Though the Tribunal cult should be based somewhere other than directly beside Raven Rock. That area has been occupied by Nords and later Redoran for the entire 4th Era. It makes zero damn sense that they could’ve hollowed a giant chamber, built these giant statues, and operated successfully without anyone noticing. And all for no logical reason.

• Haha 1

Besides all that, I’ll never not be pissy that the CC was used for out-of-place nostalgia bait instead of actually fleshing out and supplementing Skyrim itself. No real Nordic, Forsworn, or dragon content, nothing for the old pantheon that everyone has been wanting since 11/11/11. Just cheap rip-offs of Morrowind, Oblivion, Blades (for some reason, I guess because they had the assets available), and their DLCs. Skyrim can’t just be its own game, it has to be this weird crossover event that all the different games randomly culminate in, and the Dragonborn has to have everyone’s toys!

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Remove the Dagoth Ur thing and Trueflame and I’d be mostly okay with it. 

Hell, you could even keep the ash zombies. But instead of making the Big Bad a guy hearing Dagoth Ur’s voice in his head, just make it one of his Sixth House lieutenants. "Dagoth Ubababu" or some crap like that. XD The Ash Zombies are fakes anyway.

Though the Tribunal cult should be based somewhere other than directly beside Raven Rock. That area has been occupied by Nords and later Redoran for the entire 4th Era. It makes zero damn sense that they could’ve hollowed a giant chamber, built these giant statues, and operated successfully without anyone noticing. And all for no logical reason.

"Dagoth Ur has somehow returned with dark ash sorcery the Ash Vampires only knew"

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They did get dangerously close to pulling a "somehow Palpatine returned" on us, didn’t they?

I could see Bethesda resorting to resurrecting a highly popular villian like Dagoth just for fan-service brownie points to get hype going from a certain part of the fandom XD

Imagine if that ends up being the case and they foreshadowed it in a fucking Creation Club content pack :rofl:

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Besides all that, I’ll never not be pissy that the CC was used for out-of-place nostalgia bait instead of actually fleshing out and supplementing Skyrim itself. No real Nordic, Forsworn, or dragon content, nothing for the old pantheon that everyone has been wanting since 11/11/11. Just cheap rip-offs of Morrowind, Oblivion, Blades (for some reason, I guess because they had the assets available), and their DLCs. Skyrim can’t just be its own game, it has to be this weird crossover event that all the different games randomly culminate in, and the Dragonborn has to have everyone’s toys!

Cough “the cause” cough. It is the way it is because Bethesda wanted to monetize mods, and then released the shittiest “officially supported” content possible

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I could see Bethesda resorting to resurrecting a highly popular villian like Dagoth just for fan-service brownie points to get hype going from a certain part of the fandom XD

Imagine if that ends up being the case and they foreshadowed it in a fucking Creation Club content pack :rofl:

They basically did. It’s implied that the ghost of Dagoth Ur is speaking to the Big Bad even though Morrowind was explicit about his existence being tied to the enchantments we remove from the Heart of Lorkhan.

They did it with Oblivion too. Bringing back an Oblivion Gate even though Martin was clear about them being sealed forever.

Hell, Umbra came back despite the novels literally ending with his complete destruction and total reabsorbtion into Clavicus Vile.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They basically did. It’s implied that the ghost of Dagoth Ur is speaking to the Big Bad even though Morrowind was explicit about his existence being tied to the enchantments we remove from the Heart of Lorkhan.

They did it with Oblivion too. Bringing back an Oblivion Gate even though Martin was clear about them being sealed forever.

Hell, Umbra came back despite the novels literally ending with his complete destruction and total reabsorbtion into Clavicus Vile.

Creation Club isn't canon though? 

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Cough “the cause” cough. It is the way it is because Bethesda wanted to monetize mods, and then released the shittiest “officially supported” content possible

Funniest thing in The Cause, and proof of how lazy it was, is that there is a dremora enemy wielding the Scourge mace.

For those who don’t know, the lore for the Scourge states that is that it instantly banishes any daedra who attempts to wield it.

They had all the artifacts to choose from, or even could have made one up, but they ended up choosing the one and only artifact that specifically cannot be wielded by a dremora, and gave it to a dremora. 

Almost as funny as the Divine Crusader gear being worn by bandits even though you can’t wear it in Oblivion unless you’re righteous or you go through a lengthy and honest atonement process. But at least they fixed this one in a patch. XD