Soulsborne Thread #10

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I guess bleidd mad or sum cause he wolf'd out after some i guess assassins came or sum, and I had to kill his ass

He didn’t get mad. But if you remember what Ranni and Iji’s dialogue, he is Ranni’s shadow, and the shadows were basically bred to kill the person they are bonded with if they betray the Greater Will. Blaidd doesn’t even know this. He’s like a sleeper agent.

By slaying those Two Fingers with the blade you gave her (in case you missed it, she was sitting on their corpse when you put the ring on her finger), Ranni rebelled pretty hard. So Blaidd got "activated" against his will and is now hunting her and her allies, which he assumes you are.

That’s why Iji tried to imprison him earlier on. He knew it would happen eventually. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Berserk reference, I think. But yeah, really badass armor.

Be sure to explore around that little plateau where you killed the dragon and "married" Ranni. There is an Evergaol up there that contains the toughest prison boss in the game, but the reward for beating her is extremely good. Probably the best spirit ash you can get. 

I'd be a little snarky that this time there's more then one Guts expy running around, but with Mirua's passing I think it's a great homage to a person who inspired alot of the Souls DNA XD

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He didn’t get mad. But if you remember what Ranni and Iji’s dialogue, he is Ranni’s shadow, and the shadows were basically bred to kill the person they are bonded with if they betray the Greater Will. Blaidd doesn’t even know this. He’s like a sleeper agent.

By slaying those Two Fingers with the blade you gave her (in case you missed it, she was sitting on their corpse when you put the ring on her finger), Ranni rebelled pretty hard. So Blaidd got "activated" against his will and is now hunting her and her allies, which he assumes you are.

That’s why Iji tried to imprison him earlier on. He knew it would happen eventually. 

@ColonelKillaBee Go back to Iji, talk with him a few times then reload the area. Then read spoiler.

Iji's death hit hard. I originally thought he used black flame to take his own life, but on my second playthrough I noticed all the Black Knife Assassins around him. 

Iji was such a powerful badass that they could only kill him with black flame.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yo hold up, how come the guidance of grace doesn't leave the player's Tarnished when

Reveal hidden contents

They embrace the Three Fingers?

I’m guessing for the same reason it doesn’t when we join the Recusants like happened to the others…

Gameplay concessions. It would be ridiculous if we lost our ability to respawn by pursuing a certain ending. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m guessing for the same reason it doesn’t when we join the Recusants like happened to the others…

Gameplay concessions. It would be ridiculous if we lost our ability to respawn by pursuing a certain ending. 

Maybe it's for the same reason why the Two Fingers take centuries to contact the Greater Will. Like looking at distant planets and stars, modern events haven't caught up yet.

But at the same time, other Tarnished lost their guidance within a shorter time span. So I have no idea.

Considering GRRM’s involvement, I always thought the wolf head was a reference to Robb Stark. Especially since he talks just like him.

In the books, the Freys cut off the heads of Robb and his direwolf and then pinned the wolf’s head to Robb’s body as a mockery.

Later in the story, there are rumors of Robb’s undead form preying on the Riverlands with the wolf head on top.

b03e1b257e61cc416bd06ac349ed4009.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Considering GRRM’s involvement, I always thought the wolf head was a reference to Robb Stark. Especially since he talks just like him.

In the books, the Freys cut off the heads of Robb and his direwolf and then pinned the wolf’s head to Robb’s body as a mockery.

Later in the story, there are rumors of Robb’s undead form preying on the Riverlands with the wolf head on top.

b03e1b257e61cc416bd06ac349ed4009.jpg

Could be both? 

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Holy shit, let it be known that Raptor's Claws I'd actually fucking bonkers against

Malenia. I wanted to use something unorthodox against her this time. My rust combined with this approach cost me about five deaths and switching between different weapons.

Raptor's Claws with a cold infusion (my guy is Dex/int) absolutely demolished her with charged r2's. Give it a try.

37 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I was thinking it was an artorias reference the minute i saw him personally

Artorias was a Beserk reference XD

main_normal_32499.jpg?w=1200&h=675&mode=

33 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nah nvm its not Guts' sword, but it is cool af

Guts sword from the Golden Age is in as another sword XD

This black knife guy was a fun fight but lol if theyre humanoid and I can pull them in its basically a done deal. Nothing else opened him up to be combo'd except my gravity weapon art so I spammed that lol then jump attacked him after and stun locked him. 

• Like 1

But the difference is Im saying Blaidd is specifically an artorias reference, and now obviously a game of thrones reference.

Its all berserk inspired but I dont think thats what Fromsoft specifically wanted to remind the player of with him, especially with how he loses his mind just like artorias, albeit for very different reasons.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This black knife guy was a fun fight but lol if theyre humanoid and I can pull them in its basically a done deal. Nothing else opened him up to be combo'd except my gravity weapon art so I spammed that lol then jump attacked him after and stun locked him. 

Black Knife *gal They're all women. XD 

Her daughter, Black Knife Tiche, is one of the strongest spirit summons in the game. Took part in the killing of Godwyn the Golden. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1