Soulsborne Thread #10

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Thanks for reminding me that Godefroy exists. What a strange choice that was. XD 

Still not as bad as the second Astel. 

I think it's worse. At least Astel is either a fully formed Fallingstar Beast or one of similar species to them. Either way there was several of both so I consider the two Astels as different creatures.

Godefroy has no excuse :rofl:

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So I explored everything down here except the lake of rot lmao

Fuck that

Did you talk to Ranni at the various sites of Grace and defeat her shadow?

After that, crossing the Lake of Rot’s the next step. Flame Cleanse Me makes it much easier. If you don’t have the Faith to cast it, you can use Godrick’s great rune or a talisman to get yourself a temporary boost. 

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Did you talk to Ranni at the various sites of Grace and defeat her shadow?

After that, crossing the Lake of Rot’s the next step. Flame Cleanse Me makes it much easier. If you don’t have the Faith to cast it, you can use Godrick’s great rune or a talisman to get yourself a temporary boost. 

bleck

Yea i killed the dude and all that and no i dont have my flame cleanse me spell anymore :< Will do it later when i have 60 vitality, has 51 atm

Have the map to the plateau and outer city revealed now so thats the next area ima explore, and the mountains too. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea i killed the dude and all that and no i dont have my flame cleanse me spell anymore :< Will do it later when i have 60 vitality, has 51 atm

Lake of Rot only looks intimidating. It’s actually not so bad if you make it so you can cast Flame Cleanse Me (no respec necessary, get the Great Rune buff). Just progress from "island" to "island" without rolling til you reach the other side. 

After that, you’ll be very close to the end of all the Ranni/Dark Moon stuff. You’ll get to fight a really cool boss, get your rematch with that bitch dragon who ran away, have the opportunity to get the best spirit ash in the game (or at least tied with the Mimic Tear), and you’ll find a really powerful giant ass sword that I believe scales with Strength and Intelligence.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea i killed the dude

Remember that chest in the boss room in Raya Lucaria, where you fought Queen Rennala and get your respecs? It should be unlocked now. 

Lake of Rot only looks intimidating. It’s actually not so bad if you make it so you can cast Flame Cleanse Me (no respec necessary, get the Great Rune buff). Just progress from "island" to "island" without rolling til you reach the other side. 

After that, you’ll be very close to the end of all the Ranni/Dark Moon stuff. You’ll get to fight a really cool boss, get your rematch with that bitch dragon who ran away, have the opportunity to get the best spirit ash in the game (or at least tied with the Mimic Tear), and you’ll find a really powerful giant ass sword that I believe scales with Strength and Intelligence.

Remember that chest in the boss room in Raya Lucaria, where you fought Queen Rennala and get your respecs? It should be unlocked now. 

oh shit thats not good, i maxed out the night maiden spirit ash xD And my mimic tear

oops lmao

Also ooo how the fuck was i ever to know that xD I'll check the moon witch lair out again then.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Im kinda afraid I wont like any other weapons lmao these swords are just way too fun

Honestly, if those end up being the only weapons you use again, you chose pretty well. XD 

There is a very nice ultra greatsword that I think you’d like at the end of the path I just described. Maybe not enough to replace these, but it works with similar builds.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also ooo how the fuck was i ever to know that

Because Ranni gave you a key when she vanished. Obviously it goes to the chest you forgot about twenty hours ago. Duh.

:P 

Rennala is Ranni’s mom, and during her phase 2 she is just an illusion being controlled by Ranni, so in a way that is a Ranni boss fight. That’s the real reason why her key relating back to that chest makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly, if those end up being the only weapons you use again, you chose pretty well. XD 

There is a very nice ultra greatsword that I think you’d like at the end of the path I just described. Maybe not enough to replace these, but it works with similar builds.

ooo nice, we'll see then. I wouldn't mind having somethin else to play with just to mix it up. I love em tho, they saved my ass down in those fuckin corridors with the ants, the mimics, the huge mobs of soldiers etc etc etc. It fucking carries lol. 

Because Ranni gave you a key when she vanished. Obviously it goes to the chest you forgot about twenty hours ago. Duh.

Hide contents

:P 

Rennala is Ranni’s mom, and during her phase 2 she is just an illusion being controlled by Ranni, so in a way that is a Ranni boss fight. That’s the real reason why her key relating back to that chest makes sense. 

ohhhhh i see, big brain. Ok thats cool, tho she didnt control her mom very well lol ez pz 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also that works, I have a bunch of rune arcs rn and one still activated so I guess I can use my favorite spell in the game again lol

Honestly, if you keep looking ahead, avoid rolling, and run in straight lines without exploring or venturing off, you shouldn’t even die in the Lake of Rot. The only enemies you will face along the main path are a few stray basilisks. It’s much easier than it looks. Just stressful because of that Rot meter constantly going up. 

• Thanks 1

Well I can see why people simped for her so much I guess, she gives you a lot of useful shit tho I can tell she's doing it for her own self. Which I mean, is fine but I dont wanna be a simp and hope I can betray her or something I dunno. I want an ending like the end of DS3 lol not a regime change

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

ohhhhh i see, big brain. Ok thats cool, tho she didnt control her mom very well lol ez pz 

It’s easy to miss or forget (because it’s so early in the game that you probably won’t recall know who the heck these people are), but at the start of phase 2 she says "on my name as Ranni the Witch".

Basically, Ranni detected that you were beating the shit out of her poor mother suffering from dementia, so she stepped in and tried to make you knock it off. Probably also why Rennala’s the only shard bearer you don’t kill. She’s harmless at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well I can see why people simped for her so much I guess, she gives you a lot of useful shit tho I can tell she's doing it for her own self. Which I mean, is fine but I dont wanna be a simp and hope I can betray her or something I dunno. I want an ending like the end of DS3 lol not a regime change

She gives you a very nice sword for specific builds. The rest, you just find along the way. But yeah, her side questline might be the most rewarding in the game (hers or Mt. Gelmir’s).

Even if you help her, you can’t lock yourself into her ending. It’ll just make it possible for you to choose her at the end. I do her stuff on every playthrough, but have only actually sided with her at the end once. 

Make no mistake. People simp for her because they are thirsty and maidenless and plastic pussy is still kind of like pussy. Forget the plastic pussy, Colonel. Keep your eyes on the prize, and when you’re Elden Lord, you can claim all the pussy in the realm.

• Haha 2