Soulsborne Thread #10

@ColonelKillaBee

Now that Radahn’s dead, there are a couple things you might consider doing.

-Go talk to Ranni in her tower at Caria Manor.

-Go to the Forlorn Hound Evergaol, where you killed that boss to get your Bloodhound Fang. Look hard enough and you’ll find someone there.

-Talk to Iji the troll blacksmith outside Caria Manor.

-Pay a visit to the Mistwood, where you saw the falling star land. This is the biggest one.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As far as all these factions go, I have no love for any of em yet. I am on my side, thats it really.

Honestly, that’s the best thing to do throughout the whole game.

Hell, it’s practically what you’re encouraged to do. Malenia and half the people at the Roundtable are just like:

"Yeah, just kill everyone and take the throne for yourself, don’t ask too many questions". XD 

I do think it’s fun to discuss all the factions and their angles, but at the end of the day, my aim is to kick all their asses and sit myself on the throne "… even if it does violate the Golden Order".

https://www.ign.com/articles/naughty-dogs-neil-druckmann-is-intrigued-by-elden-rings-storytelling

This is honestly cosmic horror levels of terrifying, imagine if Druckmann made a Soulslike XD

You learn about how Abbey's father was the doctor Joel killed in an item description and they give her a moniker during her boss fight "Abbey, Eater of Steroids" 

• Haha 1

So update, killed the actual spirit deer and got its remembrance, that fight was annoying but not so bad. His regen sucking attack was the only issue.

Thhheheeeeeeennnnnnnnnn I fought the fucking twin gargoyle bitches

That had me salty af lol but they ded now. One was bad enough. But two?? Anyway dash attacks saved the day, literally just did that over and over. Second gargoyle was ez alone.

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So update, killed the actual spirit deer and got its remembrance, that fight was annoying but not so bad. His regen sucking attack was the only issue.

That had me salty af lol but they ded now. One was bad enough. But two?? Anyway dash attacks saved the day, literally just did that over and over. Second gargoyle was ez alone.

I love the Regal Ancestor Spirit fight. Found it so enjoyable that I appreciated the regens for drawing it out longer.

Twin gargs? Less so. XD But that one is tough so good job!

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In the next area, saw a sign next to the coffin and noticed the prompt

I was about to ask if you explored the boss area thoroughly. Welcome to Deeproot Depths! 

You are getting very warm for a certain armor set you’ve been wanting. ;) 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I love the Regal Ancestor Spirit fight. Found it so enjoyable that I appreciated the regens for drawing it out longer.

Twin gargs? Less so. XD But that one is tough so good job!

I was about to ask if you explored the boss area thoroughly. Welcome to Deeproot Depths! 

Hide contents

You are getting very warm for a certain armor set you’ve been wanting. ;) 

oooooo

46 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yep, that boss was a bitch for just about everyone.

Now imagine fighting them at RL1 XD, that was agony

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wonder if he’s seriously considering moving more in that direction or if they are just banking a little the ER hype like so many others.

Honestly, this prospect would have excited me if I had any hope left at all in Naughty Dog making something good. Too bad I don’t.

I understand Indies doing it, but it always makes me laugh when an established AAA studio tries to leech off the success of the new big thing. XD

Watching other people on youtube struggle in fights I got through is euphoric XD Some of these guys lol are hopeless lmao

Really funny watchin people use my exact build especially and struggle so much xD I already learned, you CAN use Radahns weapon art in bosses lol but against anything with speed, usually best not to more than once or twice.

Jump attack spam and dash attack spam tho, are god.

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Watching other people on youtube struggle in fights I got through is euphoric XD Some of these guys lol are hopeless lmao

Really funny watchin people use my exact build especially and struggle so much xD I already learned, you CAN use Radahns weapon art in bosses lol but against anything with speed, usually best not to more than once or twice.

Jump attack spam and dash attack spam tho, are god.

Honestly Colonel, I respect just about any build that isn't exploits, rivers of blood or moonveil. They make pve too easy lmao

You're also lucky, same with you @The Good Doctor. At launch there was a horrible exploit in pvp that allowed players to have a constant deathblight proc, it was unavoidable and if they just kept dodging or bloodhound stepping you would die no matter what.

It was only countered by a special spell that removes all status effects, thank fuck it was patched early on :rofl: