Soulsborne Thread #10

First tried the

Draconic Tree Sentinal guarding Leyndell. My RL1 run forced me to Git Perfect against them. Still use quickstep when they do the three hit lightning. Otherwise I felt real confident being in his face the whole time.

Wing of Astel was something I slept on for the longest time, but now that I'm using it I love the thing. Those ranged r2's are my bread and butter.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It makes some sense if you think of it as still killing her from the inside out even in phase 2. Miquella designed the unalloyed gold needle to prevent it from killing her, and blooming.

Without it all this time it's been eating away at her. Come to think of it, might take an incredibly long time but she might have one day ended up just as Radahn.

In that case, it is clear that the Rot is a curse in every possible sense. Whatever powers it grants, the Rot's nature of dooming her to die from it, even if she becomes the "goddess of Rot", is ultimately nothing but destructive and foreign.

Which raises some questions about the mysterious "outer god of Rot". If the above characteristics are consistent with how the Rot works, even for a god, then there’s a very good chance that wherever this entity got sealed away, probably now just exists an empty room covered in dust. The Rot would have consumed this god like it tried to do with Malenia, and then presumably withered and crumbled to dust on its own without any life or flesh on which to fester.

And remember, Malenia had her needle staving it off, while Radahn had his Great Rune burning it away. Even then, they were slowly dying. Remove these protections and add centuries if not millennia, and I doubt there would be anything remaining of the entity known as the outer god of Rot. 

And if the entity was truly an outer god, then perhaps it wasn’t always a god of Rot. After all, Malenia was inflicted by it, but she only became a true "goddess of Rot" through a metamorphosis of sorts. She was the victim and host of an affliction, not its master. The Rot is can and does exist without her, even when she’s the one who spreads it. It’s not an extension of her, or a thinking entity at all. It’s just Rot.

Which means it’s entirely possible that some "outer god" suffered a similar affliction before experiencing its own blooms that would cause it to become known as the god of Rot just like Malenia did.

Honestly makes the Rot a lot more terrifying if true. It’s not the tool of some petty god trying to make people sick and give shrimp dudes a home. It is essentially a cosmic disease that can infect gods and thoughtlessly destroy worlds just through its natural spread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

In that case, it is clear that the Rot is a curse in every possible sense. Whatever powers it grants, the Rot's nature of dooming her to die from it, even if she becomes the "goddess of Rot", is ultimately nothing but destructive and foreign.

Which raises some questions about the mysterious "outer god of Rot". If the above characteristics are consistent with how the Rot works, even for a god, then there’s a very good chance that wherever this entity got sealed away, probably now just exists an empty room covered in dust. The Rot would have consumed this god like it tried to do with Malenia, and then presumably withered and crumbled to dust on its own without any life or flesh on which to fester.

And remember, Malenia had her needle staving it off, while Radahn had his Great Rune burning it away. Even then, they were slowly dying. Remove these protections and add centuries if not millennia, and I doubt there would be anything remaining of the entity known as the outer god of Rot. 

And if the entity was truly an outer god, then perhaps it wasn’t always a god of Rot. After all, Malenia was inflicted by it, but she only became a true "goddess of Rot" through a metamorphosis of sorts. She was the victim and host of an affliction, not its master. The Rot is can and does exist without her, even when she’s the one who spreads it. It’s not an extension of her, or a thinking entity at all. It’s just Rot.

Which means it’s entirely possible that some "outer god" suffered a similar affliction before experiencing its own blooms that would cause it to become known as the god of Rot just like Malenia did.

Honestly makes the Rot a lot more terrifying if true. It’s not the tool of some petty god trying to make people sick and give shrimp dudes a home. It is essentially a cosmic disease that can infect gods and thoughtlessly destroy worlds just through its natural spread.

That's a fascinating way of looking at it, I like it a lot!

Also consider the Lake of Rot. Not only does it long predate Malenia, but it's Scarlet Rot is much more potent than hers. Just above it is a poisonous swamp where the Albanuric village was.

So the Lake of Rot, of more specifically the fumes off the lake is slowly seeping through and poisoning the surface.

• Like 1

It was one of the hardest fights of my current run but I killed the

Crucible Knight duo, Aka the one with Ordovis.

I went in totally unexpecting that fight, since it had been such a long time since I went in Azuria Hero's Grave. Got them in one try but fuck me that was a stressful battle. One crucible is easy for me now, but two at the same time isnt.

31 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Not only does it long predate Malenia, but it's Scarlet Rot is much more potent than hers.

That could also be its environment. In people, the Rot becomes most potent by getting sealed away for a while so it can build up like tension, then when it releases or "blooms", it does so with exponentially more power and potency.

Could be that the same thing is going on down in the lake. With no way to escape but plenty to consume, the Rot is essentially just festering and stewing down there, building tension. Hence its potency.

By contrast, Caelid is out in the open air. The Rot there isn’t capable of building any "tension". It still spreads and consumes, but it isn’t getting stronger or more potent.

I think the two regions can be seen reflected in the two major fates for Millicent. 

Caelid is like Millicent when we meet her. No needle, and so the Rot spreads through her easily. It will kill her quickly, but it won’t have the power to threaten the wider world. 

Lake of Rot is like Millicent at the end of her questline. Where she has allowed it to build up inside her. It is super potent now as a result. 

• Like 1

I now have everything I need to use these swords adequately and the armor with the helm n everything. I just replaced the gauntlets cause they too bulky to me.

Shit goes hard af. Is insanely fun to use. Only thing I miss is that cleanse from the incantations. That had me spoiled.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

am level 81 now

You're almost the same level I am on my current run, but several areas behind :rofl:

Thou hath committed the sin of over leveling. Honestly unless it's power leveling health, I don't really consider it over leaving if it's to be able to wield those amazing weapons

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

am level 81 now

You should try again at killing the Godskin Apostle down below Caelid’s divine tower (also remember to activate Radahn’s Great Rune up top while you’re there).

He is a tough boss, but you should be plenty strong enough by now to take him. 

Plus, I think the Godskin Apostle is one of the better bosses in the game, mechanically. Very fun to fight. And the reward is excellent.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

You should try again at killing the Godskin Apostle down below Caelid’s divine tower (also remember to activate Radahn’s Great Rune up top while you’re there).

He is a tough boss, but you should be plenty strong enough by now to take him. 

Plus, I think the Godskin Apostle is one of the better bosses in the game, mechanically. Very fun to fight. And the reward is excellent.

you had me at reward lol

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You're almost the same level I am on my current run, but several areas behind :rofl:

Thou hath committed the sin of over leveling. Honestly unless it's power leveling health, I don't really consider it over leaving if it's to be able to wield those amazing weapons

I didnt wanna run around with 30 vigor on this build lol so I power levelled while talking to my gf XD Cant really concentrate on quests and detail when I am anyway lol she knows when my attention isn't fully on her lol

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I didnt wanna run around with 30 vigor on this build lol so I power levelled while talking to my gf XD Cant really concentrate on quests and detail when I am anyway lol she knows when my attention isn't fully on her lol

Drag her to Elden Ring too.

Oooooh Elden Ring

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Drag her to Elden Ring too.

Oooooh Elden Ring

I have about as much chance of dragging Celan to elden ring XD Dont think yall understand just how unappealing it is to women lmao there's a reason you're maidenless in it lmao and her name in eso is warmaiden lmao

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I have about as much chance of dragging Celan to elden ring XD Dont think yall understand just how unappealing it is to women lmao there's a reason you're maidenless in it lmao and her name in eso is warmaiden lmao

One of the biggest Soulsborne youtubers is a girl, Zullie XD

That fight was actually very fun, taught me how to actually tactfully use these big ass swords in a real fight. And, the poise actually fucking came in handy at the very end of the fight when I had zero health potions left and he was low.

Fight was a mix between running at him and doing a jump attack, then running at him with a simple heavy charge. Dodge his fire, rinse repeat.

Dont get greedy, literally just one hit, then back off, maaaybe two but thats usually when I got checked. Then when in the second phase, back off from the black fire, run in and combo when he's doin his midrange spin attack.

Then I just straight traded blows with him at the end and stunned him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Zullie was on the modding scene before the....trans trend started XD I'll take her word for it. 

I wasn’t implying Zullie is trans. But that channel uses text instead of voice recording, so we can only assume it’s a woman.

I have yet to see any conclusive proof that anyone female has ever actually played a Fromsoft game. 

• Haha 1