Soulsborne Thread #10

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Are you going to use Radahn's swords? I recall they need at least 18 int.

15 and yea I already respect’d for em lol they’re awesome

Got the jar thing too for equipment load since I couldn’t sleep, was easier than I expected

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm talking about the zombie-like people roaming around his palace. 

Forgot about those. Considering the persecution of the omens, I could totally see Mohg seeing this as the state he would desire humanity to be lowered to. Weak, dumb, pathetic. Lower even than his own kind were brought to.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The nobility is already established, who are Omens as seen by their horns. But Tarnished can be elevated as shown by the two invaders in the nobility 

Excellent point. I wonder if Tarnished are given a special place because of how they were once abandoned by Grace just like the omens. He might not see them the same way he sees humans in service to the Golden Order. 

Plus, his dad’s a Tarnished. 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Holy shit I just realized.

Mohg and his nobility have actually entered the realm of the Formless Mother. Both emerging from the same visual blood as the kind torn from the Formless Mother.

Interesting thought. Not sure if I’m there yet or not, though. Too abstract for my dummy brain. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Forgot about those. Considering the persecution of the omens, I could totally see Mohg seeing this as the state he would desire humanity to be lowered to. Weak, dumb, pathetic. Lower even than his own kind were brought to.

Excellent point. I wonder if Tarnished are given a special place because of how they were once abandoned by Grace just like the omens. He might not see them the same way he sees humans in service to the Golden Order. 

Plus, his dad’s a Tarnished. 

This would make so much sense if Grace-Given humans were literally born of the Erdtree as once again mentioning Tarnished Archeologist has shown XD

Plus our Tarnished is marked, partaking in Mohg's blood when joining his faction. We literally become his kin.

• Like 1

I wonder how that would go down. I know NPCs are generally wimps, but I think that most the prominent Tarnished are supposed to be at least close to our character in how capable they are.

I could legit see Dung Eater shocking everyone and pulling a disgusting win. At which point, spectators better leave the room, cause you don’t want to see what happens next. 

You know, far as simp endings go, I like Miss "What’s the fine in Leyndell for necrophilia?" a lot better than Ranni.

Ranni is screwing everyone for her tantrum. Fia seems like she just wants people to be nicer to zombies.

Which is… weird. But oddly benign by this world’s standards. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wonder how that would go down. I know NPCs are generally wimps, but I think that most the prominent Tarnished are supposed to be at least close to our character in how capable they are.

I could legit see Dung Eater shocking everyone and pulling a disgusting win. At which point, spectators better leave the room, cause you don’t want to see what happens next. 

That one invading Bloody Finger right after the dragon in Limgrave is extremely powerful for the time we encountered him. And he's equally terrifying on the second encounter near the end of the game.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That one invading Bloody Finger right after the dragon in Limgrave is extremely powerful for the time we encountered him. And he's equally terrifying on the second encounter near the end of the game.

I just meant that obviously no NPC is taking on someone like Mohg gameplay-wise. But I wonder if some of the higher end Tarnished could hold their own in the lore.

Ones like Gideon Ofnir, Vyke, Recusant Bernahl, and the Dung Eater whose journeys all somewhat mirror the player’s in one way or another.

I’d never in a million years bet on an insignificant Bloody Finger against any demigod, let alone Mohg, in the lore. But some of the ones I mentioned above? Maybe.

And if that’s the case, I imagine how hilarious it would be for DE to defeat Mohg. Like the most gross and vile supervillain ever gets shanked by an even nastier little mofo who managed to beat him out of sheer fucking drive to be the most horrible guy in existence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just meant that obviously no NPC is taking on someone like Mohg gameplay-wise. But I wonder if some of the higher end Tarnished could hold their own in the lore.

Ones like Gideon Ofnir, Vyke, Recusant Bernahl, and the Dung Eater whose journeys all somewhat mirror the player’s in one way or another.

I’d never in a million years bet on an insignificant Bloody Finger against any demigod, let alone Mohg, in the lore. But some of the ones I mentioned above? Maybe.

And if that’s the case, I imagine how hilarious it would be for DE to defeat Mohg. Like the most gross and vile supervillain ever gets shanked by an even nastier little mofo who managed to beat him out of sheer fucking drive to be the most horrible guy in existence.

From a purely gameplay point of view, the late game version of that invader might actually whoop Mohg's ass. Dude has INSANE bleed. :rofl:

By that same token, pretending that the player and Godfrey aren’t factors, which Tarnished do y’all think are most likely to succeed in their goals either of becoming Elden Lord or of creating a Mending Rune and getting someone to use it?

My #1 pick is Knight Bernahl. He cut his teeth slaughtering many Tarnished including the legendary Vargram, and probably would have bested Rykard if we hadn’t gotten to him first. He has the drive and ruthlessness to sacrifice a maiden, he makes it all the way to Faram freaking Azula, and he fights well against the Godskin Duo. Nobody else performs so well or makes it so far.

Weirdly, I think Fia is a strong contender. She has a squad of loyal but competent simps who can do much of the legwork. And she managed to make it all the way to Deeproot without much trouble, even taking out a skillful Golden Order fundamentalist on her own along the way. If she can just find a champion capable of taking down the lichdragon, then she’ll already have someone so strong that they could conceivably tackle the other remaining bosses.

Gideon Ofnir, I think, could have done it. Assuming we gave him all the secrets, he is effectively a Tarnished conglomeration of all the game’s major bosses, albeit through sorcery and incants. He’s crazy powerful, patient, and knowledgeable. But he would have to overcome his despair, which is why he’s only #3. 

Shabriri is no Tarnished, but if he could free Vyke, then I could see Vyke pulling off the Frenzied Flame ending as he’s easily one of the strongest and most accomplished Tarnished. But him getting freed is a big "if".

Dung Eater and Goldmask are both highly competent in their ways, but far too reliant on the player to ever pull the win without us.

None of Ranni’s peeps can make it. Even if the festival triumphs and Radahn is killed, and even if Blaidd manages to find the Fingerslayer Blade, her plan ends with her trapped in a doll eternally stuck at the bottom of the well.

Juno Hoslow might have the skill, but he might actually be too noble. I don’t think he would ever sacrifice a maiden, nor do I think he would care to be Elden Lord. Also not sure if he’s Tarnished. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

By that same token, pretending that the player and Godfrey aren’t factors, which Tarnished do y’all think are most likely to succeed in their goals either of becoming Elden Lord or of creating a Mending Rune and getting someone to use it?

Hide contents

My #1 pick is Knight Bernahl. He cut his teeth slaughtering many Tarnished including the legendary Vargram, and probably would have bested Rykard if we hadn’t gotten to him first. He has the drive and ruthlessness to sacrifice a maiden, he makes it all the way to Faram freaking Azula, and he fights well against the Godskin Duo. Nobody else performs so well or makes it so far.

Weirdly, I think Fia is a strong contender. She has a squad of loyal but competent simps who can do much of the legwork. And she managed to make it all the way to Deeproot without much trouble, even taking out a skillful Golden Order fundamentalist on her own along the way. If she can just find a champion capable of taking down the lichdragon, then she’ll already have someone so strong that they could conceivably tackle the other remaining bosses.

Gideon Ofnir, I think, could have done it. Assuming we gave him all the secrets, he is effectively a Tarnished conglomeration of all the game’s major bosses, albeit through sorcery and incants. He’s crazy powerful, patient, and knowledgeable. But he would have to overcome his despair, which is why he’s only #3. 

Shabriri is no Tarnished, but if he could free Vyke, then I could see Vyke pulling off the Frenzied Flame ending as he’s easily one of the strongest and most accomplished Tarnished. But him getting freed is a big "if".

Dung Eater and Goldmask are both highly competent in their ways, but far too reliant on the player to ever pull the win without us.

Juno Hoslow might have the skill, but he might actually be too noble. I don’t think he would ever sacrifice a maiden, nor do I think he would care to be Elden Lord. Also not sure if he’s Tarnished. 

Vyke was this close to becoming the next Elden Lord. But Shabriri influenced him just before he burnt the Erdtree. Vyke is quite possibly what wounded the Fire Giant so badly before we get to him.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I figured as much. 

How many bosses are even immune to bleed? Can’t be many. 

All the gargoyles for certain, Radagon and Elden Beast, all the natural-born of the void, all the falling star beasts. Might be more.

In the same vein, ironically Malenia can be inflicted with scarlet rot even in phase 2. She's just very very very very resistant to it.

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

All the gargoyles for certain, Radagon and Elden Beast, all the natural-born of the void, all the falling star beasts. Might be more.

In the same vein, ironically Malenia can be inflicted with scarlet rot even in phase 2. She's just very very very very resistant to it.

Bizarre. It’s a little thing, but I think it’d be better if she was immune. Certainly in phase 2.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bizarre. It’s a little thing, but I think it’d be better if she was immune. Certainly in phase 2.

It makes some sense if you think of it as still killing her from the inside out even in phase 2. Miquella designed the unalloyed gold needle to prevent it from killing her, and blooming.

Without it all this time it's been eating away at her. Come to think of it, might take an incredibly long time but she might have one day ended up just as Radahn.